Windows 10: 0 items indexed

Discus and support 0 items indexed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Allow me to preface this by stating that I have found several similar if not identical issues on this website as well as others. In an effort to help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by techiemoore, Nov 8, 2015.

1. 0 items indexed

Allow me to preface this by stating that I have found several similar if not identical issues on this website as well as others.
    In an effort to help one another reach a solution to this apparently common problem, I thought it best to post the following:

I too am having a similar issue.
    Installed Windows 10, now 0 items indexed at all times.

NOTE:
    I have my user profile on a separate hard drive due to the small size of my SSD.
    This required me to make modifications to the registry so that the profile truly resided on the secondary drive. ( http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-location.html )
    I fixed the 0 indexed problem before, but now I cant remember how I did it or which or the numerous troubleshooting processes was the one to actually fix the problem.

NOTE:
    The problem returned when i had to restore my data from an old backup - thus undoing any of my previous fixes. However, this means that my problem MUST be related to my specific user profile as it is the only thing that was changed. Again, my profile resides on a separate drive and it is this drive that needed to be recovered - nothing else. This should help us to track down the problem.

:)

techiemoore, Nov 8, 2015

2. Indexing options > 0 items indexed

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, but it didn't help.

Method 1:

0 items indexed [​IMG]

Method 2:

0 items indexed [​IMG]

Method 3:

0 items indexed [​IMG]

0 items indexed [​IMG]

Vadym Stavskyi, Nov 8, 2015
  3. Indexing options > 0 items indexed

Hi,

I have already reinstalled my OS and now all works fine.

Thank you anyway for your answer.

Regards,

Vadym

Vadym Stavskyi, Nov 8, 2015
Thema:

0 items indexed

1. 0 items indexed - Similar Threads - items indexed

2. How can we delete recommended items in start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can we delete recommended items in start menu?: bests for you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-delete-recommended-items-in-start-menu/80d12a1c-4f89-4403-aad6-2f914bd94835
  3. How can we delete recommended items in start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we delete recommended items in start menu?: bests for you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-delete-recommended-items-in-start-menu/80d12a1c-4f89-4403-aad6-2f914bd94835
  4. Windows 11 Pro search indexing restarting from 0 item again even after full indexing was done

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro search indexing restarting from 0 item again even after full indexing was done: Hi Folks,When go to windows 11 pro: "Privacy & Security/searching windows", the top right corner will show the number of items INDEXED and number of items PENDING. After indexing had been completed, in my case about 1.5 million items, "indexed" will show 1500000 while...
  5. Windows 11 Pro search indexing restarting from 0 item again even after full indexing was done

Windows 11 Pro search indexing restarting from 0 item again even after full indexing was done: Hi Folks,When go to windows 11 pro: "Privacy & Security/searching windows", the top right corner will show the number of items INDEXED and number of items PENDING. After indexing had been completed, in my case about 1.5 million items, "indexed" will show 1500000 while...
  6. WinUI3 Getting the index where the item was moved in a ListVIew

WinUI3 Getting the index where the item was moved in a ListVIew: Having ListView, how can I get the index in the list where the item from the same list was dropped?Reordering I tried using the following callbacks, but neither DragItemsCompletedEventArgs or OnDropIntoStagedPhotos seem to have an appropriate method.void...
  7. WinUI3 Getting the index where the item was moved in a ListVIew

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinUI3 Getting the index where the item was moved in a ListVIew: Having ListView, how can I get the index in the list where the item from the same list was dropped?Reordering I tried using the following callbacks, but neither DragItemsCompletedEventArgs or OnDropIntoStagedPhotos seem to have an appropriate method.void...
  8. Indexing is paused, every time I restart it runs for about a 1000 items and then pauses again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing is paused, every time I restart it runs for about a 1000 items and then pauses again: As the title suggests, my indexing gets paused, and when I attempt to restart the service or rebuild, it runs for a bit then pauses again. Tried everything I could find to fix this restarting the windows search service and rebuilding the index but just keeps happening....
  9. "1 item indexed" even though I want to completely turn off indexing.. What is the 1 item...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "1 item indexed" even though I want to completely turn off indexing.. What is the 1 item...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/reddit__sucks__now [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l29a2t/1_item_indexed_even_though_i_want_to_completely/
  10. Indexing & number of items indexed. Is this normal ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Indexing & number of items indexed. Is this normal ?: On all versions of W10 I notice that my number of indexed files grows daily by anything up to a few hundred. If I rebuild the index then the number of files indexed files falls dramatically as can be seen here. I have a suspicion it could be caused by a particular program...