Windows 10: 0 items indexed

Discus and support 0 items indexed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Allow me to preface this by stating that I have found several similar if not identical issues on this website as well as others. In an effort to help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by techiemoore, Nov 8, 2015.

1. 0 items indexed

Allow me to preface this by stating that I have found several similar if not identical issues on this website as well as others.
    In an effort to help one another reach a solution to this apparently common problem, I thought it best to post the following:

I too am having a similar issue.
    Installed Windows 10, now 0 items indexed at all times.

NOTE:
    I have my user profile on a separate hard drive due to the small size of my SSD.
    This required me to make modifications to the registry so that the profile truly resided on the secondary drive. ( http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-location.html )
    I fixed the 0 indexed problem before, but now I cant remember how I did it or which or the numerous troubleshooting processes was the one to actually fix the problem.

NOTE:
    The problem returned when i had to restore my data from an old backup - thus undoing any of my previous fixes. However, this means that my problem MUST be related to my specific user profile as it is the only thing that was changed. Again, my profile resides on a separate drive and it is this drive that needed to be recovered - nothing else. This should help us to track down the problem.

:)

techiemoore, Nov 8, 2015

2. Indexing options > 0 items indexed

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, but it didn't help.

Method 1:

0 items indexed [​IMG]

Method 2:

0 items indexed [​IMG]

Method 3:

0 items indexed [​IMG]

0 items indexed [​IMG]

Vadym Stavskyi, Nov 8, 2015
  3. Indexing options > 0 items indexed

Hi,

I have already reinstalled my OS and now all works fine.

Thank you anyway for your answer.

Regards,

Vadym

Vadym Stavskyi, Nov 8, 2015
Thema:

0 items indexed

1. 0 items indexed - Similar Threads - items indexed

2. Items on desktop will not open on left click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Items on desktop will not open on left click: Items on desktop will not open on left click, must right click and select OPEN. Same probl;em on multiple PCs, began all at once on all PCs. Same problems on Windows Live Mail --- clicking on an email will not open it. Also on other apps, for example, trying to open a file...
  3. how to transfer a large amount of items to a flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to transfer a large amount of items to a flash drive: Recently, my laptop has run out of memory and I decided to get a flash drive for it. Yet I cant seem to transfer large amounts of files without having to go through each one to see if its movable if you have any solutions I would love your help....
  4. Reorder Open Mail items when hovering over the outlook icon (How to reorder open windows)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reorder Open Mail items when hovering over the outlook icon (How to reorder open windows): When opening Outlook one item will display when highlighting the Outlook icon. When you open up the Outlook Calendar in a new window the calendar is listed below the mail window. As you open emails the emails are added to the bottom of the new window list. I usually have 15...
  5. strange things after WU update v1809 17763.504 - many old notepad items appeared. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    strange things after WU update v1809 17763.504 - many old notepad items appeared. Windows 10: I'd been working on my laptop since 11pm last night (UK - it's 1:07am now). When shutting it down I saw that there had been a WU - Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64-based Systems. I powered it up again and found the following had happened: (1) 40 or so...
  6. "Item not Found" error

in Windows 10 Support
    "Item not Found" error: Hi guys, I have upgraded from Build 18362.86 to .113 using KB4497936 successfully. But when I right click on desktop to create a new folder of text document I get the "Item not Found" error. Kindly advise how to resolve this issue, thanks... 132803
  7. Remove an item from Windows menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove an item from Windows menu: Hello, Uninstalled "Mixedreality" (do not need it), restarted pc, but in the menu there is still this "Mixed Reality Portal" item. How to remove it, please. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks. 132772
  8. Remove an item from Windows menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove an item from Windows menu: Hello, Uninstalled "Mixedreality" (do not need it), restarted pc, but in the menu there is still this "Mixed Reality Portal" item. How to remove it, please. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks. 132772
  9. Task Manager Startup Items missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Startup Items missing: This is weird. It's empty. [img] The Services are all On in System Configuration. [img] Restarted & everything. What could be the problem? *Eek 132611
  10. Indexing & number of items indexed. Is this normal ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Indexing & number of items indexed. Is this normal ?: On all versions of W10 I notice that my number of indexed files grows daily by anything up to a few hundred. If I rebuild the index then the number of files indexed files falls dramatically as can be seen here. I have a suspicion it could be caused by a particular program...