Windows 10: 0 items indexed

Discus and support 0 items indexed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Allow me to preface this by stating that I have found several similar if not identical issues on this website as well as others. In an effort to help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by techiemoore, Nov 8, 2015.

1. 0 items indexed

Allow me to preface this by stating that I have found several similar if not identical issues on this website as well as others.
    In an effort to help one another reach a solution to this apparently common problem, I thought it best to post the following:

I too am having a similar issue.
    Installed Windows 10, now 0 items indexed at all times.

NOTE:
    I have my user profile on a separate hard drive due to the small size of my SSD.
    This required me to make modifications to the registry so that the profile truly resided on the secondary drive. ( http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-location.html )
    I fixed the 0 indexed problem before, but now I cant remember how I did it or which or the numerous troubleshooting processes was the one to actually fix the problem.

NOTE:
    The problem returned when i had to restore my data from an old backup - thus undoing any of my previous fixes. However, this means that my problem MUST be related to my specific user profile as it is the only thing that was changed. Again, my profile resides on a separate drive and it is this drive that needed to be recovered - nothing else. This should help us to track down the problem.

:)

techiemoore, Nov 8, 2015

2. Indexing options > 0 items indexed

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, but it didn't help.

Method 1:

0 items indexed [​IMG]

Method 2:

0 items indexed [​IMG]

Method 3:

0 items indexed [​IMG]

0 items indexed [​IMG]

Vadym Stavskyi, Nov 8, 2015
  3. Indexing options > 0 items indexed

Hi,

I have already reinstalled my OS and now all works fine.

Thank you anyway for your answer.

Regards,

Vadym

Vadym Stavskyi, Nov 8, 2015
Thema:

0 items indexed

1. 0 items indexed - Similar Threads - items indexed

2. Why do items sometimes not show up on desktop or explorer until you hit refresh?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do items sometimes not show up on desktop or explorer until you hit refresh?: That has been an ongoing bug for a while. Say you move a file to the desktop, or a new file is downloaded to your folder. You know its there, but the file icon or list item doesn't show up until you hit F5 to refresh. A restart fixes this, but what the hell is going on...
  3. Items get deleted when clicked or selected.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Items get deleted when clicked or selected.: So, whenever I left click on a folder or a file it gets deleted automatically. Then again when I try to recover my files from recycle bin a pop up comes up which says "do you want to delete your files permanently". My icons are also disappearing from my desktop whenever I...
  4. Is there a way to stop the downloads folder from grouping items?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to stop the downloads folder from grouping items?: it sorts everything by time, like day, week etc and ive spent too much time trying to undo it. seems like it was some update a long time ago because one day it was just that way. maybe im just missing something? submitted by /u/tomsfoolery [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows server backup failed none of the items included in backup were backed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows server backup failed none of the items included in backup were backed up: I was backed up my files and folders size 2.7 TB, the Windows Server Backup are copying files and folders about 377 GB was found the Windows server backup status:failed none of the items included in backup were backed up and error:Access is denied, I'm using the Windows...
  6. Invoke Favorites and Menu Items without Mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invoke Favorites and Menu Items without Mouse: I do not like using the mouse. I am arthritic in my index finger. I would prefer to use drop-down menus, such as I have in Foxfire. I do this with ALT + a letter. Can this be done in “Edge?”...
  7. Minecraft windows 10 master collection items missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft windows 10 master collection items missing: i bought minecraft windows 10 master collection on the Store 49.99$. I've launch install from the Store and he did install Minecraft. It asked me to logg in with my Microsoft account. So did i. I should have : the game 1000 Minecoins 4 packs of skins 1 pack of texture 1...
  8. Windows 10 Mail issues, missing sent items.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail issues, missing sent items.: Hi, I am hoping someone can help. I have just gotten a new computer and I am trying to set up the Windows 10 Mail account. I have managed to get my current emails coming into the inbox but when I open the Sent Items there is nothing in there. On my old laptop I have 139...
  9. clipboard history paste of most recent item fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clipboard history paste of most recent item fails: Hi, Win10 has a newish feature "clipboard history" that you can invoke with WinKey-V. This brings up the clipboard history. So far so good. But, occasionally, the paste of the first topmost, most recently copied item fails to paste. Fails in all applications where I try to...
  10. Indexing & number of items indexed. Is this normal ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Indexing & number of items indexed. Is this normal ?: On all versions of W10 I notice that my number of indexed files grows daily by anything up to a few hundred. If I rebuild the index then the number of files indexed files falls dramatically as can be seen here. I have a suspicion it could be caused by a particular program...