Windows 10: 0 maintenance windows 10 minimal

Discus and support 0 maintenance windows 10 minimal in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I’m looking for a way to create a light windows install. A lot of the links online end up removing too much and get reversed when windows updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ayouby, Nov 16, 2020.

1. /u/Ayouby Win User

0 maintenance windows 10 minimal

Hi I’m looking for a way to create a light windows install. A lot of the links online end up removing too much and get reversed when windows updates. I’m not looking for an extreme minimal install, just to remove spyware, candy crush, Xbox, and etc. I still want it to be functional. Is there a todo list type guide online ?

submitted by /u/Ayouby
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ayouby, Nov 16, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Windows 8.1/10 never stops with maintenance when idle?

We have 3 windows 8.1 laptops and when idle they continuously do windows maintenance, they never stop and never end until you move the mouse.

I recently built a new desktop PC running windows 8.1 and my desktop PC does finish maintenance in about 10-15 minutes or so every day.

With this poll I want to see if it's only a windows 8.1/10 laptop installation never finishes with maintenance and if a windows 8.1/10 desktop PC install always finishes with maintenance.

Strange.

P4-630, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows !0 freezing after update on reboot.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Step 2: And also refer the link below to improve the performance of the PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

1. 0 maintenance windows 10 minimal - Similar Threads - maintenance minimal

2. windows is not able to start Security & Maintenance.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows is not able to start Security & Maintenance.: please help me my Security & Maintenance could not start. It all started when i was downloading a pirate game but then i saw my security & maintenance could not open please help. I deleted the game. I tried opening "services.msc" but could not find "security Center"...
  3. Unusual Blue screening/Booting into Bios. Percussive Maintenance provides temporary fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusual Blue screening/Booting into Bios. Percussive Maintenance provides temporary fix: I've seen someone have a similar issue, but I can't verify that we have the same issue.Laptop occasionally blue screens, then boots into BIOS, and repeatedly boots into bios unless you hold down another key as it boots. Percussive maintenance i.e. hitting the laptop with my...
  4. Unusual Blue screening/Booting into Bios. Percussive Maintenance provides temporary fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unusual Blue screening/Booting into Bios. Percussive Maintenance provides temporary fix: I've seen someone have a similar issue, but I can't verify that we have the same issue.Laptop occasionally blue screens, then boots into BIOS, and repeatedly boots into bios unless you hold down another key as it boots. Percussive maintenance i.e. hitting the laptop with my...
  5. Automatic Maintenance - can I keep working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Maintenance - can I keep working?: Hi All,I like to use the Automatic Maintenance feature once in a while. I start it manually .. it's not set to start by itself.My question, though, is:If I do any work on the computer, will Automatic Maintenance stop or be interrupted?In other words ... do I have to be...
  6. Automatic Maintenance - can I keep working?

Automatic Maintenance - can I keep working?: Hi All,I like to use the Automatic Maintenance feature once in a while. I start it manually .. it's not set to start by itself.My question, though, is:If I do any work on the computer, will Automatic Maintenance stop or be interrupted?In other words ... do I have to be...
  7. I have a question. Why does it take so long to use the maintenance feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question. Why does it take so long to use the maintenance feature?: I ran it for 2 hours and it did nothing? Why does it take so long? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-question-why-does-it-take-so-long-to-use/daf35c28-1a3a-445e-8efd-01490482309f
  8. I have a question. Why does it take so long to use the maintenance feature?

I have a question. Why does it take so long to use the maintenance feature?: I ran it for 2 hours and it did nothing? Why does it take so long? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-question-why-does-it-take-so-long-to-use/daf35c28-1a3a-445e-8efd-01490482309f
  9. I have a question. Why does it take so long to use the maintenance feature?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.: My automatic maintenance does not work on Windows 10 as required. I want to disable it. Its only meant to run once a day at the set time but everyone knows that doesnt happen and it seems to scan numerous times throughout the day when my computer is idle, disrupting my work...