Windows 10: 0x000000D1 & 0X1000007f, Freezes or restarts "randomly" gaming mostly

Discus and support 0x000000D1 & 0X1000007f, Freezes or restarts "randomly" gaming mostly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have seen so many of these threads and dislike to create another, suppose it's time for my own dump though. The following is a copy of my notes that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Redii, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Redii Win User

0x000000D1 & 0X1000007f, Freezes or restarts "randomly" gaming mostly

I have seen so many of these threads and dislike to create another, suppose it's time for my own dump though.
    The following is a copy of my notes that I've tried to clean up a bit for this thread.

Checked for windows updates due to RQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.

CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z updates
    updated usb & audio driver (may have already been up to date but looked to be newest drivers I possibly didn't have)

Disable fast boot

Obtained BSOD: Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap - 0X1000007f

Unsure if it is due to RAM or if I have to clear CMOS. Guess it could yet be something else even.
    Going to attempt BIOS reconfigure and Windows Memory Diagnostic. Also look into BlueScreenView
    Chose "Load Optimized Defaults"
    -cpu ratio 20, cpu bus freq 220, mem freq ddr3-1760, cpu/nb freq 2420... all were changed to auto among some other things. I didn't copy down full list but have settings saved incase I need to go back and look at what they were.
    - Qcode for mobo hung on b4 for a bit, fans are running heavier & Processor is sitting at 4.01. I also believe RAM is running at 2006.7ish as cpu-z dram freq states 668.9 and I believe I am suppose to multiply that by 3... (My ram is 1866)
    Ran standard 2 pass (didn't swap ram or run single stick at a time not sure if I needed to) reported back with no errors.
    Going to use the computer at current state to see if errors reoccur.

Changed overclock a couple of times...
    0x000000d1 Issue occured again... Looking for solution used Wise Registry Cleaner's System Tuneup option. Used the Reg Clean option http://puu.sh/rxYer/2434f1327a.png .
    Went through several times, restarted pc... Likely will uninstall gpu drivers and reinstal them soon perhaps with revo or something.

Ran Wise again found 4 MUI Cache Errors 2 Mozila and 2 Discord
    13 MRU Errors: Explorer user assist

Ran again = 4x MUI Cache Windows Shell
    8x User Assist

4x constant = explorer user assist errors
    Installed / launched Wise Disk Cleaner
    Ran Common scan & Advanced Cleaner: Unsure how to create a log http://puu.sh/rxZ20/c5276829af.png
    Not sure if this suggestion will get me anywhere but..

--- updated gpu drivers
    System froze again During game stream... Reliability Monitor isn't up to date.
    ---
    Ran sfc /scannow
    Results:
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired
    them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios.
    ---

Haven't done much since the last scan so unsure as to what it may have accomplished, sorry for the tattered structure...

Quick Edit: PC is known to shutdown at windows logo during boot, Last time it hung up instead... (Thinking this is due to changes made yesterday.)

Edit 2 (Oct 6 5pm):Having more computer failures... Think I need to replace my ram... Not totally sure... It isn't even wanting to boot now. I either obtain a black screen with q code ASAP or I get q code 66... I will reseat my ram later, now I am too frustrated to deal with it as my tower is behind mic, monitors, speaker etc on top of a desk and the ram is under a fan...
    Plan of action is to reseat it and run memtest per stick I suppose.

:)

Redii, Oct 4, 2016
  2. poet3232 Win User

Microsoft Solitaire Collection

This just started happening a few days ago. Playing the Daily Challenge. Click on Spider & begin playing. Randomly reverts to the beginning of the game. Click on Tri Peak. Most of the cards have been cleared when the screen freezes. The only key that works
    is "BACK" with a choice to end game or cancel. Cancel reverts to frozen page.

poet3232, Oct 4, 2016
  3. My Lumia 950xl has since the last update been randomly shutting down and randomly restarting. Help!!!

My Lumia 950xl has since the last update been randomly shutting down and randomly restarting. Help!!!

John Sparta, Oct 4, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Sorry it's taken so long to respond. I live in Florida and just finished with hurricane Matthew.

There are no dumps in the zip file you uploaded. If you run any disk cleanup programs, stop as it may be deleting the dumps.

How often does the problem occur?

Please make sure your PC is configured for small dump files: How to Configure Windows 10 to Create Dump Files on BSOD

If you get another BSOD check if there is a dump in C:\Windows\minidump. If yes, re-run DM_Log_collector and upload the resulting zip file.

Ztruker, Oct 9, 2016
  5. Redii Win User
    Honestly I think it was the RAM. I have bought a new set and also RMA's the last set... I will try to keep posted. Though tomorrow I'm going to order a new GPU too so somewhere along the line the problem may be solved *Biggrin Thank you for your response.

Redii, Oct 20, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I hope you've fixed it. Good luck.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 0x000000D1 & 0X1000007f, Freezes or restarts "randomly" gaming mostly - Similar Threads - 0x000000D1 0X1000007f Freezes

2. Games are randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are randomly freezing: Hello,i just try everything and i wanna share with you my troubles with HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk2xxx., Windows11.Every games i wanna try to play accidentaly crash/freeze at random times.I wanna share with you information from WinDbgWindows, BIOS, drivers, C++ - all of it...
  3. Random Freeze and Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Freeze and Restarts: My pc is just freezes when I start playing a game or sometimes restarts but after that restart it performs fine in games. I don't know why this is happening my temperatures are normal. Sometimes it also freezes at startup i.e. at password time.Things I have done:Windows...
  4. Random Freeze and Restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Freeze and Restarts: My pc is just freezes when I start playing a game or sometimes restarts but after that restart it performs fine in games. I don't know why this is happening my temperatures are normal. Sometimes it also freezes at startup i.e. at password time.Things I have done:Windows...
  5. Pc freezed randomly when playing game mostly then restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freezed randomly when playing game mostly then restarts: Hello, I recently came accross a problem with my pc, it's a custom build and everything was fine until about a month ago, my pc would restart when I exited a game or it would restart when I played it. It freezes for like 10 seconds then restarts and takes forever to start up...
  6. Random Freezes/Restarts

Random Freezes/Restarts: I have had this laptop for a month. It's supposed to be a gaming laptop. All drivers and windows are up to date. It's not over heating. All the diagnostic tools I've tried say the laptop is performing perfectly. Laptop randomly freezes or restarts. Usually freezes. Computer...
  7. Mouse Freezing in Most Games

Mouse Freezing in Most Games: My Logitech ergonomic mouse has the latest drivers and support software. It constantly freezes up very quickly after starting in almost all video games. It still remains functional when switching back to Windows with alt-tab or ctrl-alt-delete. This is obviously a Windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 freezing, mostly in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezing, mostly in games: Hi! To the matter: My windows 10 pc freezes seemingly random, but mostly in games. It starts with freezing the visuals, then about 30 seconds later the sound stops working or is in a loop too. Sometimes after that stage, I am getting an black screen and I have to restart....
  9. PC Randomly freezes and restarts during gaming/streaming

PC Randomly freezes and restarts during gaming/streaming: Greetings all, I've been having a very strange issue with my build which I can't seem to fix, if you've got any advice or experience with how I can fix it, it would be much appreciated. Basically what happens is during a gaming session my PC will randomly freeze at an...
  10. BSOD while idle/gaming/re-installing windows, mostly 0x000000d1

BSOD while idle/gaming/re-installing windows, mostly 0x000000d1: I've got a pretty decent pc (will post specs if needed), and since like 3 months after i bought it, i had these BSoDs: kmode_exception_not_handled, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL I went to the store with a request to fix it, they told me they haven't...
Tags: