Windows 10: 0x08000703EE I was copping a file from a usb thumb drive to a sata hard drive about half...

Discus and support 0x08000703EE I was copping a file from a usb thumb drive to a sata hard drive about half... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 0x08000703EE I was copying a file from a USB thumb drive to a SATA hard drive about halfway through I got an error message that says the source device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kjl1956, Jul 2, 2021.

1. kjl1956 Win User

0x08000703EE I was copping a file from a usb thumb drive to a sata hard drive about half...

0x08000703EE I was copying a file from a USB thumb drive to a SATA hard drive about halfway through I got an error message that says the source device is no longer available, so I select cancel, the USB thumb drive is now completely empty.I unplug the USB thumb drive and replug it back in and all of the files are there, proceed with the copy process again, and everything 100%On another note; I have one external hard drive connected via an external hard drive encloser over the AMD SATA controller, the issue is the drive seems to be getting accessed every few seconds as I can see the drive's a

:)

kjl1956, Jul 2, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Transfer a file to a thumb drive

Hi Michael,

Connect the USB Thumb drive

Right click the file you want to transfer and click 'Send to' - flash drive (that drive should be bottom of he 'Send to' list . . .

DaveM121, Jul 2, 2021
  3. Thumb drives

Step 1: connect the USB thumb drive to an available USB port.

Step 2: Click Start > File Explorer > This PC

Step 3: open the thumb drive.

If its not showing up in File Explorer:

Check if the drive is assigned a drive letter.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

If you see your drive listed there, but no drive letter, right click it

Click Change Drive Letter and Paths

Click Add

Click Assign the following drive letter

Click in the Drive letter list box

Choose a drive letter - try choosing letters near the end of the alphabet

Click OK

Click OK again

If that does not work...

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Disk drives

Right click the external drive

Click uninstall

Exit Device Manager, restart then check if its detected.

Other troubleshooting options you can try:

This issue can be caused if any of the following situations exist:

The currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt

Your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict with a USB external hard drive and Windows

Windows may be missing other important updates hardware or software issues

Your USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt

Your external drive may be entering selective suspend

Your PC motherboard may need updated drivers

Resolution

To resolve this issue, follow the steps in the methods below in the order listed. If the first method does not fix the problem, proceed to the next.

Method 1: Uninstall and then reconnect the external hard drive

This method resolves issues where the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt.

Select Start, type Device Manager in the Search box

Select Device Manager from the returned list.

Select Disk Drives from the list of hardware

Press and hold (or right-click) the USB external hard drive with the issue, and select Uninstall.

After the hard drive is uninstalled, unplug the USB cable.

Wait for 1 minute and then reconnect the USB cable. The driver should automatically load

Check for the USB drive in Windows Explorer

Note Connecting your USB external hard drive into a non-powered USB hub can cause a lack of enough power to operate the external drive. Instead, plug it directly into your computer.

If your problem still persists, proceed to Method 3.

Method 2: Install the latest Windows Updates

This method will install the latest device drivers for your USB external hard drive.

Select the Start button, type Windows Update in the Search box, and then select Windows Update in the results pane.

Select Check for Updates. After the scan is complete, select Review optional updates.

Select the check box next to the updates, then select Install updates.

If prompted, review the license agreement, then select I Accept.

Follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the updates.

If prompted, reboot your computer.

If your problem still exits, proceed to Method 4.

Method 3: Reinstall USB controllers.

This method resolves steps where the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupted.

Select Start, then type device manager in the Search box, and then select Device Manager.

Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Press and hold (or right-click) a device and select Uninstall. Repeat for each device.

Once complete, restart your computer. Your USB controllers will automatically install.

If your problem still exists, proceed to Method 5.

Method 4: Disable USB selective suspend setting.

This method prevents your USB external drive from powering down.

Select the Start button, type power plan in the Search box, and then select Choose a power plan.

Next to your currently selected plan, select Change Plan Settings.

Select Change advanced power settings.

Select the box to expand USB Settings > USB selective suspend settings.

Select Plugged in, select the drop down menu, and then select disabled.

If you're using a laptop, select Battery, select the drop down menu, and then select disabled.

Select Apply > OK.

Method 5: Install your motherboard's latest chipset drivers.

This method updates your motherboard's chipset drivers, so your computer will recognize your USB external hard drive.

Review your computer's documentation which should contain the name of the motherboard manufacturer.

Visit your computer manufacturer's support website. For a list of computer manufacturers' support sites, see Computer manufacturers' contact information.

Navigate their website to find the appropriate drivers for your motherboard. For assistance, contact your computer manufacturer.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 2, 2021
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

0x08000703EE I was copping a file from a usb thumb drive to a sata hard drive about half...

Is my thumb drive dying?

I just downloaded an updated W7 Home Premium x64 SP1 ISO, and I was copying those files over to my W7 installation thumb drive. It seems to fail every time I copy the files over. The drive just disappears, no longer listed in My Computer. I also hear the device disconnected sound. I tried moving it from my front panel USB ports to one of the ports in the back and the same thing happened. I believe this is grounds to call it a dead drive...?

Thema:

1. 0x08000703EE I was copping a file from a usb thumb drive to a sata hard drive about half... - Similar Threads - 0x08000703EE was copping

2. For some reason about half of my files on my thumb drive are greyed out and are not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For some reason about half of my files on my thumb drive are greyed out and are not...: For some reason about half of my files on my thumb drive are greyed out and are not accessible. I think I somehow accidently made them hidden. How do I undo this to be able to access my files?...
  3. For some reason about half of my files on my thumb drive are greyed out and are not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For some reason about half of my files on my thumb drive are greyed out and are not...: For some reason about half of my files on my thumb drive are greyed out and are not accessible. I think I somehow accidently made them hidden. How do I undo this to be able to access my files?...
  4. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  5. SATA hard drive

SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  6. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  7. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  8. Usb Thumb Drive

9. USB thumb drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB thumb drives: Sorry not really a w10 issue but how much actual data should I expect to get from a 32g drive? I just bought one and it is only 28.6 should I return it? I contacted Sandisk and this is what they said; Thank you for contacting SanDisk® Global Customer Support. I understand...
  10. backup to usb thumb drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backup to usb thumb drives?: Is it possible to do backups to thumbdrives? If so, is it possible to do those backups with common backup apps such as macrim and/or AOMEI? If so what are the pros and cons? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903...