Windows 10: 0x2 error on basic task

Discus and support 0x2 error on basic task in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On all my computers I always add a basic task to update Defender definitions every four hours. Couldn't be a more basic task. On my new computer I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bru, Jul 6, 2019.

1. BRU
    bru Win User

0x2 error on basic task

On all my computers I always add a basic task to update Defender definitions every four hours. Couldn't be a more basic task. On my new computer I noticed the task had never run. Deleted and recreated the task EXACTLY the same as on every other computer and it shows 0x2 under Last Run Time. This tells me it doesn't have permission to run the task.

I am at my wits end on this as I said its a basic task I have used for years but now I get this error.

:)

2. HokieMan Win User

Task Scheduler Error

When I access Task Scheduler, an error appears that says SqmUpload_S-1-5-21......... no longer exists. To see the current tasks, click Refresh. However, the same message appears when I click Refresh. I can close the message and it appears the Task Scheduler is OK. A person on the Microsoft boards gave me several steps to follow beginning with booting into Safe Mode. However, I received a message when I accessed Task Scheduler that it doesn't function in Safe Mode.
    I did not feel safe following their additional suggestions at that point as I am not that adept at such endeavors. Has anyone else encountered this error and/or found a simple solution? I feel it is caused by some remnant leftover from Windows 7 during the upgrade but this is pure conjecture on my behalf.

HokieMan, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Jeddie Win User

0x2 error on basic task

Windows Defender Default Scheduled Task - Looking For Information

@Eagle51
    I was updated to Ver 1703 with the hope of a fix from Microsoft. Well Windows defender continues to not run. It shows the 0x2 error as it did under ver 1607. The other 3 auto maintenance tasks run correctly.

Next step is the change the User Account in the task to my User name.

How MS can offer an AV that does not perform regular scans as promised is beyond me. This is a major bug in my opinion.

Jeddie, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

0x2 error on basic task

1. 0x2 error on basic task - Similar Threads - 0x2 error basic

2. Dismhost.exe and 0x2 error for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dismhost.exe and 0x2 error for Windows Defender: Dismhost.exe folders are being made in my temp folder regularly and scheduled scans in the task scheduler come back with a 0x2 error, I used to have malwarebytes installed, but its no longer installed. anything have a solution to fix both of these issues?...
  3. Dismhost.exe and 0x2 error for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dismhost.exe and 0x2 error for Windows Defender: Dismhost.exe folders are being made in my temp folder regularly and scheduled scans in the task scheduler come back with a 0x2 error, I used to have malwarebytes installed, but its no longer installed. anything have a solution to fix both of these issues?...
  4. Dismhost.exe and 0x2 error for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pass multiple arguments in a "basic task" in task scheduler.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pass multiple arguments in a "basic task" in task scheduler.: In the Add arguments(optional): Can I pass two tasks to perform? add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize /v AppUsesLightTheme /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize /v SystemUsesLightTheme /t...
  6. Error when running wireless network report (error is 0x2)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error when running wireless network report (error is 0x2): Hi, I am trying to run a network report with this guide I found: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000462/windows-10-analyzing-wireless-network-report However, when executing the command I get the following error: C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show wlanreport...
  7. Windows Defender scheduled scans failing with 0x2 error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender scheduled scans failing with 0x2 error: Hi, This problem is occurring on a new Dell laptop (Latitude 7480 with Windows 10 Pro 1809, auto-updates turned on). The problem started a week or two ago when Windows Defender reported no recent successful scans. I can run a scan manually with no problems. However, the...
  8. Windows Defender Scheduled scan task returns result 0x2

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender Scheduled scan task returns result 0x2: Hi. Windows Defender has 4 Scheduled tasks. All but the periodic scan task completes successfully (0x0). The Periodic scan task returns a result of 0x2. The same occurs if I run the task on demand. Note that a while back I created a custom Windows Defender Scheduled task scan...
  9. Windows Defender returns result 0x2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender returns result 0x2: Hi. There are 4 Windows Defender Scheduled Tasks. All but the periodic scan task result in successful completions (0x0). The Scheduled Periodic scan task results return 0x2. This holds true even if I run the task on demand. I've found that by disabling Real Time Protection...
  10. BSOD Doing basic tasks.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Doing basic tasks.: Hi all, I received a brand new laptop yesterday (Dell Inspiron 15 7567) and it has been absolutely brilliant whilst running my music production software, photoshop and some big title games. However. Today whilst I was transferring some files using a Tecknet HDD Bay to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x2 error in task scheduler

2. errore scheduler 0x2

3. task scheduler completed (0x2)

4. defender 0x2 2019,
  5. task scheduler 0x2