Windows 10: "0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.XboxApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted"

Discus and support "0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.XboxApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; ALSO: 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.Getstarted_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue. 0x3D55: Package... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Crakdkorn, May 29, 2019.

1. Crakdkorn Win User

"0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.XboxApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted"

ALSO:

0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.Getstarted_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue.

0x3D55: Package family MICROSOFT.XBOXGAMINGOVERLAY_8WEKYB3D8BBWE runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue.

0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue.

0x3D55: Package family MICROSOFT.GETSTARTED_8WEKYB3D8BBWE runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue.

I went to Apps and Features to disable all of these apps I do not use (that's correct, I do not use Xbox). I would be willing to guess this issue (build 1809 - Windows 10) arose from my feelings that if I do not use an app, it should be disabled. I disabled of bunch of these and the failures similar to this came up - one for each app I disabled (because, yep, right again - I don't need them on my desktop - imagine that).

(Apologies for the sarcasm).

But really, why would I need Xbox on my laptop - why do I need a map to tell me where I am - it is a desktop - I am home),

Games - I have games, they are called applications like IDE's, Databases, Eclipse, Anaconda, Jupyter Notebook, Visual Studio, and so on and so forth. It's all I can handle.... Games, come on. Why do I need games?

The camera - I don't want this turned on - I value my privacy.

OneDrive - seriously - I have terabytes of unused storage here. Why would I need OneDrive?

Photos - once again - this is a desktop - not a cell phone. What do I need a camera for on my desktop?

Movies - really - believe it or not, I have a television in my home.

Tips? no and frankly, where is the tip on how to get rid of unwanted apps.

Weather - seriously - I already said - I have a television. And a cell phone, and for that matter - a front door and windows. I know what the weather is. I don't want the apps, thank you. And I can do without the event log errors, thank you.

Ahhh, hmmm, wake up folks? What have you done to Windows? Why is all the cell phone nonsense sitting on my computer and why is it causing problems. Turn it off by default, not "ON" by default. And if someone turns it off, don't write nasties in the event log.

:)

Crakdkorn, May 29, 2019

2. Package family microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted.

Hello S_628. Can you please post the full error? Or is "Package Family Microsoft" the only thing you are seeing?

I will be able to help further with this information.

Zackary Vanosdol, May 29, 2019
  3. critical event

0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue.

can anyone tell me what this means?

Sarah Moya (smoya1), May 29, 2019
  4. Ken9(2) Win User

"0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.XboxApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted"

Log critical message: "0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.XboxApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted"

Thanks for your helpful response!

But 2 things:

1. I'm looking for a reason why I should use your suggestion. Since I don't use many Apps in the app store and the ones I use don't seem to be stateful, the steps you suggest seem more cumbersome than just resetting the App Store. It hasn't happened every
    month, but I'm saying even it did. The "corrupt" app was Xbox and I never used it. It took about two minutes to reset the App Store using the Microsoft link I found.

2. However, if I did want to use your steps I would need a clarification: Steps 3 and 4 are unclear

3)Look at folder's name (Microsoft.Windows.Photos)

4)Now you know your app's id. ....

My problem with steps 3 and 4: here is what I see when I search for the Xbox app:

Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay_(some code)

Microsoft.XboxSpeechToTextOverlay_(some code)

Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_(some code)

Microsoft.XboxApp_(some code)

Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_(some other code)

So you say "Look at the Folder's name; now you know the app's id.." So what is the "app's id"? Is it the code that appears after the underscore at the end of 4 of the five Xbox items? Or is it the
    code that appears after the underscore at the end of the fifth item? Or is it something else?

Your other directions seem clear.

Ken9(2), May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. "0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.XboxApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted" - Similar Threads - 0x3D55 Package family

2. 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.GamingServices_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.GamingServices_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is...: Im getting this Critical Error in Event Viewer for last 7 day.I tryed ran sfc /scannow, but it doesn't show any errors.How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x3d55-package-family/0c75f25f-7c01-4a84-8b33-1bdee0b8722b
  3. 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.GamingServices_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.GamingServices_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is...: Im getting this Critical Error in Event Viewer for last 7 day.I tryed ran sfc /scannow, but it doesn't show any errors.How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x3d55-package-family/0c75f25f-7c01-4a84-8b33-1bdee0b8722b
  4. 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.GamingServices_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Error - 0x8007139F: Package family Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge.Stable_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime...

Error - 0x8007139F: Package family Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge.Stable_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime...: Just prior to the Error was this Critical - 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge.Stable_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue.I've got a Win 10 machine, latest updates - 10.0.19044. Today it started crashing regularly and...
  6. 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is...

0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is...: Hello Everyone, im on the event viewer and noticed this Critical error. If anyone has some information on how to fix this i'd appreciate it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x3d55-package-family/594d3626-6102-42f8-9794-c2f65fd8757a
  7. 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted....

0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted....: I got this error on a Windows 10 machine and have found other posts regarding this which recommended running a sfc /scannow which I did. The verification went through however informed me that not all problems were fixed. I have the log now however I am not a full on techy and...
  8. Error Message - "The package runtime information is corrupted"

Error Message - "The package runtime information is corrupted": I get this message as in subject line whenever i try to open a jpg file. The default app to open photos is Microsoft Photos. I can open the same photos in 'Paint' though. I also notice that i have two 'Microsoft Photos' and two 'Microsoft Store' apps showing in the list of...
  9. package runtime information corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    package runtime information corrupted: I tried to view pictures and videos on my Windows 10 laptop and received the message "package runtime information corrupted" on each one of them. I performed the virus check and still receive the message. Online search leads mostly to a microsoftfixit site that is not real....
  10. 0x3D55: Package family App runtime information is corrupted

in Windows 10 News
    0x3D55: Package family App runtime information is corrupted: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 comes loaded with a number of UWP or Universal Windows Platform apps. The Microsoft News, Weather, Calculator, Windows Mail, and other applications are based on Microsoft’s modern UWP platform that was introduced with Windows 10. These applications...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue.

2. 0x3D55: Package family MICROSOFT.WINDOWSSTORE_8WEKYB3D8BBWE runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue.

3. microsoft.windowsalarms_8wekyb3d8bbwe

4. 0x3D55: Package family microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue.,
  5. 0x3d55: package family microsoft.xboxgameoverlay_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted. attempting to correct the issue.,
  6. 0x3d55: package family microsoft.windowsstore_8wekyb3d8bbwe,
  7. windows 10 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_8wekyb3d8bbwe,
  8. what is 8wekyb3d8bbwe that attached to xbox id name?,
  9. 0x3d55 microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe ,
  10. 0x3d55: package family microsoft.xboxgameoverlay_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted,
  11. 0x8007139f: package family microsoft.windowsstore_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted but we cannot repair it at this time.,
  12. package family Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted,
  13. 0x3d55: package family microsoft.windowsstore_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted,
  14. 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue.,
  15. 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue.