Windows 10: "0x80070003 - 0x2000D" Error When Installing Windows 10 1809 Update using Media Creation Tool

Discus and support "0x80070003 - 0x2000D" Error When Installing Windows 10 1809 Update using Media Creation Tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok I've been having issues the past months installing 1903, and I've reset this PC about a month ago, and today after being annoyed by 1903 still not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesHall3, Jul 11, 2019.

1. "0x80070003 - 0x2000D" Error When Installing Windows 10 1809 Update using Media Creation Tool

Ok I've been having issues the past months installing 1903, and I've reset this PC about a month ago, and today after being annoyed by 1903 still not installing and seeing the ending support message for 1803 I went to check up more.
    So here's my take on something that I saw from this post this post from last year with same issue code.

I've followed pretty much all the tasks he mentions except "Using CCleaner to fix registry issues"

I need some help with this and I don't know whats wrong. Heres what I did in what order:
    > Tried installing 1903 update and PC got caught in an windows system failed to update loop
    > Reset PC but kept files
    > Found issues with the start menu, where a rep on here gave me instructions to run a script to cleartilecache, and that worked.
    > did sfc/scannow in command prompt and did the Windows Update Troubleshooter
    > Finally got a message to update to 1903 via Windows Update but it didn't work as it "undoes changes" after reaching about 20% when installing 1903 after the restart
    > Tried a few tools of ways with installing the 1903 update like starting without any non-microsoft services.
    > Took about a month without updating since I was just gonna hope 1803 would be supported and something would be fixed with updates before trying again.
    > Saw the message about losing support for 1803 and decided to try it again to no success,
    > Did a "fresh install of windows" seeing it said it would update it to latest version while reinstalling Windows 10, still found out after it was 1803 and windows update failed to check for updates and get the 1903 feature update
    > Checked online and went via Media Creation Tool to update to 1903, which failed the same way like before
    > Found the forum post mentioned and did the "Following this Guide" part where it runs a script which restarts Windows Update services
    > It ran in Powershell, and showed a lot of RED errors before quitting itself a second later (couldn't copy exact error files)
    I saw this guy had uploaded certain log files (panther and rollback logs), so I made a google drive folder with it all the files plus a screenshot of error,
    just peeking at the 100MB panther log scares me as it shows errors from the start and I am worried about what is wrong to cause so many errors.

:)

JamesHall3, Jul 11, 2019

2. "0x80070003 - 0x2000D" Error When Installing Windows 10 1809 Update using Media Creation Tool

Hello,

I'm trying to install the latest version of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. It downloads successfully, and installing gets to 100%, but when it restarts it says "undoing changes to windows" and boots to desktop with this
    I have tried:

• Downloading it from the Update and Security settings. Same result: downloads, installs, restarts and reverts changes. Interestingly, afterwards it says "latest update installed", even though About Windows clearly still says version 1803.
    • Installing from the media creation tool
    • Using CCleaner to fix registry issues
    • Doing sfc /scannow in command prompt (admin)
    • Following
      this guide
    • To be thorough, I have attached the setuperr.log from the panther folder to help:
    Code:
    [b]EDIT: Redacted for privacy - Turns out Private Internet Access VPN was the issue. See answer for a more detailed fix.[/b]

Can someone help me fix this? 

Joshua Conway, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jul 11, 2019
  4. "0x80070003 - 0x2000D" Error When Installing Windows 10 1809 Update using Media Creation Tool

Windows Media Creation Tool Error 0x80070079-0xA001A

Your USB thumb drive needs to be at least 8 GBs.

The error code 0x80070079-0xA001A means that the tool doesn't have permission for it to run. For us to assist you, we suggest that you
    follow the simple steps listed below:

• Right-click on the Media Creation Tool.exe.

• Press Properties.

• Click on General.

• At the bottom, click on Unblock.

• Press Apply, and then OK.
    Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

You can also download the ISO first using the Media Creation Tool, then create a bootable copy. Yes, you can use it to perform clean install.

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

"0x80070003 - 0x2000D" Error When Installing Windows 10 1809 Update using Media Creation Tool

1. "0x80070003 - 0x2000D" Error When Installing Windows 10 1809 Update using Media Creation Tool - Similar Threads - 0x80070003 0x2000D Error

2. Error when trying to install windows 10 using media creation tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error when trying to install windows 10 using media creation tool: so, i'm trying to perform an inplace upgrade using the media creation tool, but it turns out I got this error. any idea on what I should do now? or how to fix it? i followed the steps using this website but it gave me error code 0x80070005. anyone know why this happened or...
  3. Error when trying to install windows 10 using media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to install windows 10 using media creation tool: so, i'm trying to perform an inplace upgrade using the media creation tool, but it turns out I got this error. any idea on what I should do now? or how to fix it? i followed the steps using this website but it gave me error code 0x80070005. anyone know why this happened or...
  4. Error when trying to install windows 10 using media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Media Creation Tool / Update error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool / Update error: I really dont know how I came up with this strange problem in my laptop which is Windows update error. Basically When I restart my pc it stucks at getting things ready for hours everytime. I tried all the way, all that I was suggested to do. But nothing really helps. I...
  6. Media Creation tool for Windows 10 1809 Version

Media Creation tool for Windows 10 1809 Version: Hi All, I need to upgrade the windows 10 machine previous version to 1809 version. Due to standard version, i couldnt install the latest version 1909 on the workstation. When i try to search i can get the media creation tool for 1909 version but unable to find the download...
  7. Feature update to 1903 - 0x80070003 - 0x2000D error

Feature update to 1903 - 0x80070003 - 0x2000D error: I'm trying to upgrade around 100 PCs to the latest 1903 update, with most of them currently on 1511. Around a third won't update, it keeps rolling back the update. I've tried updating through WSUS, using the iso file and using a USB stick but some just won't update however I...
  8. "0x80070003 - 0x2000D" Error When Installing Windows 10 1903 Update using Media Creation Tool

"0x80070003 - 0x2000D" Error When Installing Windows 10 1903 Update using Media Creation Tool: Hello, I'm trying to install the latest version of Windows 10 (1903) using the Media Creation Tool. I've been struggling to update my Win 10 (currently sits at version 1709) but was unsuccesful so far. Every time, upgrade gets to about 86%, but then it restarts with the...
  9. "0x80070003 - 0x2000D" Error When Installing Windows 10 1809 Update using Media Creation Tool

"0x80070003 - 0x2000D" Error When Installing Windows 10 1809 Update using Media Creation Tool: Hello, I'm trying to install the latest version of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. It downloads successfully, and installing gets to 100%, but when it restarts it says "undoing changes to windows" and boots to desktop with this message: I have tried:...
  10. Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool

Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool: Hello The tech I have been working with told me to download the WMC tool to help straighten out my W10 system. He said I will need a 6 gig flash drive. I downloaded the tool to another computer and it is only a 17 MBT .exe file? Why do I need a 6 gig flash drive for this...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x8007003 - 0x90018

2. media tool erro 0x8007003