Windows 10: 0x80070003 system cannot find the path specified

Discus and support 0x80070003 system cannot find the path specified in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to delete the old windows app folder as I have reinstalled. I have given my new account permissions to have full control of the folder but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ConnorRoberts997, Dec 18, 2020.

1. 0x80070003 system cannot find the path specified

I am trying to delete the old windows app folder as I have reinstalled. I have given my new account permissions to have full control of the folder but I still cant delete everything from the folder.

:)

ConnorRoberts997, Dec 18, 2020

2. The system cannot find the path specified (Exception from HRESULT:0x80070003)

I use a backup program from Western Digital called "Smartware Pro" Since installing the Windows 10 Version 1607 (Anniversary Edition) the Smartware program returns an error code "The system cannot find the path specified (Exception from HRESULT:0x80070003).
    Any ideas what might be causing this? Western Digital has not been much help and has been aware of the problem since early August.

ArnieMoser, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Scanning/system cannot find the path specified

Hi Julia,

The error System cannot find the path specified means that the path named in the command does not exist for the drive specified, or the path was entered incorrectly.

Furthermore, due to the complexity of your concern, we suggest that you post this at

TechNet
    forum.

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Georgie B Win User

0x80070003 system cannot find the path specified

running win10/64, get 0x80070003 error doing back up

Thanks for your suggestion. Tried all you suggested and now after doing back up, get message that following 3 files were skipped :

encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\SkyDrive\Music. Error0x80070003 system cannot find the path specified :(The system cannot find the path specified. (0x80070003))

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\SkyDrive\Pictures\Pictures. Error0x80070003 system cannot find the path specified :(The system cannot find the path specified. (0x80070003))

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\SkyDrive\Videos. Error0x80070003 system cannot find the path specified :(The system cannot find the path specified. (0x80070003))

Any other ideas on how to solve this?

Georgie B, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

0x80070003 system cannot find the path specified

1. 0x80070003 system cannot find the path specified - Similar Threads - 0x80070003 system cannot

2. the system cannot find the path specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the system cannot find the path specified: I want to get recognised my phone as MTP but is not happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-cannot-find-the-path-specified/c8dfd3a5-fa69-4505-8437-6d5c79ab1ea0
  3. the system cannot find the path specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the system cannot find the path specified: PDF saved with long name, can't rename, move or delete. That gives me a message saying “the system cannot find the path specified”. in CMD Please what should I do?...
  4. the system cannot find the path specified

the system cannot find the path specified: PDF saved with long name, can't rename, move or delete. That gives me a message saying “the system cannot find the path specified”. in CMD Please what should I do?...
  5. The system cannot find the path specified. os error 3

The system cannot find the path specified. os error 3: Windows 10 OS Build 19043.1348 Ninja version 1.10.0.git**Source Code Path:-** C:\Users\runersystem\AppData\Local\.mabs\siml-mibs-mrunner-m99-w88\workspace\projects\develop\mizen-scri1\tmp-cache\**Build command:** Executed from above path. res/windows/ninja.exe -C build -f...
  6. Message "the system cannot find the path specified" appears occasionally

in Windows 10 Customization
    Message "the system cannot find the path specified" appears occasionally: Dear community,I am testing a development which requires me to run a Java programm for several hours in a row. The programm connects to a local e-mail server and most of the tests are succesful. However, after a couple of hours I often receive an Exception containing the...
  7. "The system cannot find path specified" Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "The system cannot find path specified" Error: Hi, After recent windows update I'm getting error "The system cannot find path specified" while trying installing CPUID software, such as HWMonitor and CPU-Z, also Sinutrain which I use for University classes stopped working because suddenly it cannot find FREE license on my...
  8. The system cannot find the path specified

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The system cannot find the path specified: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SP3CTR3_xD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrqmw0/the_system_cannot_find_the_path_specified/
  9. CMD: The system cannot find the path specified.

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD: The system cannot find the path specified.: Hello Everyone, I need urgent help here. While working on cmd, it suddenly shows me this message. Please help me to fix this problem. Thanking you in advance. Regards, Ishant...
  10. The system cannot find the path specified - Installing a Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The system cannot find the path specified - Installing a Driver: I'm trying to use my Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10, but when I plug it in it shows up as XBOX ACC with Driver is Unavailable underneath it on the Devices tab in Settings. I tried to update the driver by using the Search Automatically option, but soon after it shows...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the system cannot find the path specified (0x80070003)