Windows 10: 0x8007016A: the cloud file provider is not running

Discus and support 0x8007016A: the cloud file provider is not running in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On my F external USB drive some files are missing, But there is a OneDrive attached to it. All the files are shown with a X on them and when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David Gmach, Sep 21, 2020.

1. 0x8007016A: the cloud file provider is not running

On my F external USB drive some files are missing, But there is a OneDrive attached to it. All the files are shown with a X on them and when I try to transfer them to my C drive, I get the below picture. How do I run the cloud provider? 0x8007016A: the cloud file provider is not running 5b44c93a-8b1e-45e5-9123-f2bd79af5c14?upload=true.jpg the message: 0x8007016A: the cloud file provider is not running

:)

David Gmach, Sep 21, 2020

2. Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider is not running

Hi JohnDAnderson

I'm Wilfredo S an Independent Advisor

You Can read this information>>

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-error-0x8007016a...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope it helps you

Wilfredo_Soto, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Trying to restore a file from backup and get: Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider is not running

I am setting up a new PC and trying to get files back from various backup locations (WHS and disks from old PC). On a number of files I get the error (Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider is not running). This problem occurs on files in a particular
    directory but not all of them.

When I double click on these files to run them, nothing happens.

The files all came to the old PC via the iCloud but not all have this problem.

Any ideas?

Vic

VicRussell, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Eric-Kell Win User

0x8007016A: the cloud file provider is not running

Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider is not running

After some problems I reset OneDrive and moved the folder to another location (on another partition).

I pointed OneDrive setting to this new empty folder called OneDrive.

All my files (385GB) are downloading now to this new (empty) OneDrive folder.

I don't want to leave anything just in the cloud on demand.

I don't trust OneDrive anymore.

The downloading (syncing) is very very slow.

While syncing I get the message that there will be 2 copies of the same file created.

The name of the second file has the name of my PC attached.

The OneDrive files are syncing to an empty folder.

How can there be two versions of the same file????

I have to stop the synchronizing before my files get corrupted.

Second problem!

In the old location of the OneDrive folder there is still an "old" folder with all my files.

This folder is not part of OneDrive anymore and is certainly not syncing.

It's just a normal folder with some files.

When I try to delete a folder inside this old OneDrive I get an error saying this is not possible???

This folder cannot be deleted because the cloudprovider is not running.

Error 0x8007016A

Do I have to reset again?

I stil need my files in the OneDrive cloud.

I'm afraid of loosing my files.

Is this the "new" OneDrive?

Eric-Kell, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

0x8007016A: the cloud file provider is not running

1. 0x8007016A: the cloud file provider is not running - Similar Threads - 0x8007016A cloud file

2. Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running. OneDrive Access Lost. Cannot...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running. OneDrive Access Lost. Cannot...: I lost access to a OneDrive account. I cannot regain access to that account. Many or all of the files for my OneDrive were present on the local PC when access was lost, but they were in the process of being synced with the cloud copy. The files are now marked with a grey X on...
  3. Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running. OneDrive Access Lost. Cannot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running. OneDrive Access Lost. Cannot...: I lost access to a OneDrive account. I cannot regain access to that account. Many or all of the files for my OneDrive were present on the local PC when access was lost, but they were in the process of being synced with the cloud copy. The files are now marked with a grey X on...
  4. "Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running.": I have never used OneDrive and I cannot open files in the Documents folder because of this error. When I try to open a file the path is file:\\\D:\Documents\Path\To\File. All the icons have a small brown box over them....
  5. "Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running.": I have never used OneDrive and I cannot open files in the Documents folder because of this error. When I try to open a file the path is file:\\\D:\Documents\Path\To\File. All the icons have a small brown box over them....
  6. Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider Win10 20H2

Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider Win10 20H2: Windows 10 Pro in workgroup 20H2 and current windows updates One Drive created a folder in c:\users\username\onedrive I have screen shots to send but don't want public The file folder is 44 GB I would like to move the folder to another drive g: which is local to machine...
  7. Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider is not running

Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider is not running: There are a lot of references to this error involving OneDrive. I get this error when trying to move two random files off my PC - to a USB memory stick, to a shared drive on a local NAS, to Dropbox, with OneDrive not involved as far as I know. Anyone able to help Thanks...
  8. Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running.

Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running.: Windows 10 did an unwanted update and moved all my files to a new folder. I have a folder that was in my OneDrive so I could grab it on multiple devices. I can't find it when I open OneDrive. All my other folders are there but this one. Of course it's the most important...
  9. Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider is not running.

Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider is not running.: I can no longer open any zipped files, or move or copy any files in any of the OneDrive folders on my PC. Every time I try I get error message 0x8006017A and the message that "The Cloud File provider is not running". This problem occurs in both normal and safe modes, and...
  10. Error 0x8007016A: the cloud file provider is not running

Error 0x8007016A: the cloud file provider is not running: My One Drive Folder was on Drive 'D' of my PC However, I recently installed a 2TB Hard Disk Drive, as Drive C, and installed OneDrive on this (new) Drive C. Now I find that I cannot 'Cut', 'Copy' or 'Delete' any of the folders or Files from my former One Drive Folder. I...