Windows 10: 0x800703E6 Invalid access to memory location

Discus and support 0x800703E6 Invalid access to memory location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I get this error when trying to delete or rename folders on C:\ drive ... it says: An unexpected error is keeping you from renaming/deleting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffSjogren, Dec 12, 2019.

1. 0x800703E6 Invalid access to memory location

I get this error when trying to delete or rename folders on C:\ drive ...

it says:

An unexpected error is keeping you from renaming/deleting the folder. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem.

Error 0x800703E6: Invalid access to memory location

This is a recent error within the last couple of months. I regularly update my computer- but don't regularly delete or rename folders on my hard drive as i typically work from network folders unless I have to be remote where I won't get a good internet connection.

I am currently on Windows 10 Pro version 1909 installed 7/2/2019 OS build 18363.535 on a ThinkPad T480s.

Thanks in advance.

:)

JeffSjogren, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Saltgrass Win User

Feature Update for Windows 10, Version 1903 – error 0x800703e6

Well, I will mention what appears to be happening. I do not have a fix but the comment in the Error message regarding access to memory is a little strange. Maybe this goes back to the TiWorker situation.

This error you can look at but I don't think it is causing the failure. Maybe Sumit will have some info.

Code:
     Windows::Compat::Appraiser::WicaApplicationInventory::AddItemProperty (527):   App Inventory returned duplicate file
    [b]c:\program files (x86)\google\update\googleupdate.exe[/b].[gle=0x8007000d]
    2019-10-17 17:46:16, Error                 CONX   Windows::Compat::Appraiser::WicaApplicationInventory::AddItemProperty (527):   App Inventory returned duplicate file
    [b]c:\program files (x86)\western digital\discovery\current\service\wddiscoveryservice.exe.[/b][gle=[b]0x8007000d[/b]]

[b]ERROR_INVALID_DATA[/b]13 [b](0xD)[/b]The data is invalid.
    The failure appears to have happened fairly soon in the upgrade process.  The error meaning may not be an accurate assessment but it does show the meaning.Info                  MOUPG  FCAcquirerDCAT: Calling GenerateDownloadRequest on Deployment Session objectError                 MOUPG  CFCAcquirerDCAT::GenerateDownloadRequestForPayload(1249): Result = 0x800703E6
    2019-10-17 17:43:10, Error                 MOUPG  CFCAcquirerDCAT::Download(1121): Result = 0x800703E6

2019-10-17 17:43:10, Error                 MOUPG  CFCPayloadLatentAcquisition::Download(132): Result = 0x800703E6

2019-10-17 17:43:10, Error                 MOUPG  DUImage: Error on Latent Acquisition Payload: [0x800703E6]
    ERROR_NOACCESS

998 (0x3E6)

[b]Invalid access to memory location.[/b]

Saltgrass, Dec 12, 2019
  3. MrDerfla Win User
    Invalid memory access

Sorry this does not work and the same pop up shows ...Invalid access to memory

MrDerfla, Dec 12, 2019
  4. 0x800703E6 Invalid access to memory location

library failed error 988 invalid access to memory location while installing some program om windows 10

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Do you receive this error only while installing AutoCAD 2013?
    • Are you able to install any other files?
    I would recommend installing the programs after placing the computer in clean boot state and check.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note:
    Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

You may also refer to: Error 998: Invalid Access
    to Memory Location

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

0x800703E6 Invalid access to memory location

1. 0x800703E6 Invalid access to memory location - Similar Threads - 0x800703E6 Invalid access

2. Windows is trying to access memory that is invalid... PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is trying to access memory that is invalid... PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: PC Specs -GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 uses riser cable and I have tried like 4 different ones so don't think that's the issue.CPU - 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-13900kPSU - LIANLI SP850 SFX PSUMotherboard - B760I AORUS PRO DDR4RAM - 8GB PC4-23900 DDR4 SDRAM Corsair X2This has...
  3. Windows is trying to access memory that is invalid... PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is trying to access memory that is invalid... PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: PC Specs -GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 uses riser cable and I have tried like 4 different ones so don't think that's the issue.CPU - 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-13900kPSU - LIANLI SP850 SFX PSUMotherboard - B760I AORUS PRO DDR4RAM - 8GB PC4-23900 DDR4 SDRAM Corsair X2This has...
  4. Exception_Access_Violation: Thread tried to access an invalid memory address Address:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exception_Access_Violation: Thread tried to access an invalid memory address Address:...: Hi, I'm facing an issue with my game EA Sports FC24, after the recent Windows 11 update, it keeps crashing at the start screen. I get this error within the crash report file in logs: "Thread tried to access an invalid memory address Address: 0x0000000000000000, Operation:...
  5. Exception_Access_Violation: Thread tried to access an invalid memory address Address:...

Exception_Access_Violation: Thread tried to access an invalid memory address Address:...: Hi, I'm facing an issue with my game EA Sports FC24, after the recent Windows 11 update, it keeps crashing at the start screen. I get this error within the crash report file in logs: "Thread tried to access an invalid memory address Address: 0x0000000000000000, Operation:...
  6. server spool directory location is invalid

server spool directory location is invalid: Hello,I am having an issue where I cannot see any printers when I add a print server to my Print Management. When I look at the properties of the print server after I have added it in print management, everything is blank and when I navigate to another tab in the Properties...
  7. server spool directory location is invalid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    server spool directory location is invalid: Hello,I am having an issue where I cannot see any printers when I add a print server to my Print Management. When I look at the properties of the print server after I have added it in print management, everything is blank and when I navigate to another tab in the Properties...
  8. server spool directory location is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Invalid access to memory location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Invalid access to memory location: Hi. So I just upgraded my processor from Pentium G3420 to Xeon E3 1220 V3. After I reinstalled Windows 10 I found a lot of problems after I upgraded the processor. I want to open GPU-Z app but it comes out "Invalid access to memory location". Previously there had been no this...
  10. LsaIso.exe Invalid access to memory location in Process Explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    LsaIso.exe Invalid access to memory location in Process Explorer: Hello, I noticed and issue with LsaIso.exe in Process Explorer, whereby fields such as Description, Company Name, Verified Signer and so on are all blank. The only non-blank field is User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. The Path says “[Invalid access to memory location.]”. When I...