Windows 10: 0x80070424 UPDATE ERROR, ANTIVIRUS GOT DELETED, AND FIREWALL GOT TURNED OFF

Discus and support 0x80070424 UPDATE ERROR, ANTIVIRUS GOT DELETED, AND FIREWALL GOT TURNED OFF in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a laptop a couple of months ago, and a month ago I got an update from Microsoft and installation got failed. sine then I am not getting any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by saipramod1, Aug 30, 2019.

1. 0x80070424 UPDATE ERROR, ANTIVIRUS GOT DELETED, AND FIREWALL GOT TURNED OFF

I bought a laptop a couple of months ago, and a month ago I got an update from Microsoft and installation got failed. sine then I am not getting any updates and showing 0x80070424system error. And not only that my Mcafee antivirus is not working since then. and then I tried to install Malwarebytes antivirus but it got failed. Windows security defender system is also not working since then. Im able to see Mcafee live safe and Microsoft windows update for windows 10 programs in control panel like below IMAGE. And somehow to installed quickheal antivirus and performed scanning but didn't showed any viruses. AND SINCE THEN MY LAPTOP BECAME VERY VERY VERY VERY SLOW 0x80070424 UPDATE ERROR, ANTIVIRUS GOT DELETED, AND FIREWALL GOT TURNED OFF bbda3ec7-61e7-4b70-ac1c-25355819be83?upload=true.png

:)

saipramod1, Aug 30, 2019

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Firewall & Antivirus Issues

Hi desiree!!!

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern? JUST THE UPDATES YOU CAN SEE ON THE SCREENSHOT, NOTHING ELSE...

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? RESTARTING COMPUTER ONLY
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to enable the said applications? NO ERROR MESSAGESARE BEING RETRIEVED WHEN FIREWALL OR ANTIVIRUS ARE ENABLED, NOTHIMG HAPPENS WHEN THEY'RE CLICKED

Chris Alvarado, Aug 30, 2019
  4. 0x80070424 UPDATE ERROR, ANTIVIRUS GOT DELETED, AND FIREWALL GOT TURNED OFF

Error code 0x80070424 affecting Windows Update, Windows Defender and Windows Firewall

Hello

I got a new laptop a couple months ago and uninstalled the McAfee version that came with it and then disabled Windows Defender virus protection as these were causing several issues with programs that weren't infected.

Last update for my system was on 6-11-2018.

I noticed that there's some problem when I needed to change the App and Browser control setting for Windows Defender from Block to Warn as it was interfering with a game download on Steam. I tried changing the settings, clicked Yes on UAC prompt, but the
    setting reverted to block when I changed to a different tab and checked again.

After this I tried using Windows Update to check for updates but I got the error code 0x80070424.

I can't change any settings relating to Windows Update, Defender, or Firewall. I can't check for updates. Update history and the Home page for Windows Defender are empty.

I tried a simple reboot. I have tried the sfc/scannow command. It found and fixed a broken file but the issue persists. I saw a thread suggesting downloads for registry files for Defender, Update and a couple other related services and then Starting them
    from Services.msc and I have also tried that. I downloaded the free Avast antivirus and it deleted a winlogui.exe virus (which I found to be a trojan miner on Google).

The issue still remains. Please suggest steps for resolution!

Edit: The settings are all greyed out. On clicking on any link to additional

/advanced settings a UAC prompt pops up but nothing happens on clicking Yes.

MaJorProbLemS, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

0x80070424 UPDATE ERROR, ANTIVIRUS GOT DELETED, AND FIREWALL GOT TURNED OFF

1. 0x80070424 UPDATE ERROR, ANTIVIRUS GOT DELETED, AND FIREWALL GOT TURNED OFF - Similar Threads - 0x80070424 UPDATE ERROR

2. Unable to turn off Windows firewall and antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to turn off Windows firewall and antivirus: Hi,Our computers are joined to AzureAD and managed by Intune. I have a problem turning off Windows firewall and virus protection setting, it show "The setting is managed by your administrator". I have checked my Intune configuration setting and had excluded all related policy...
  3. Windows update not working. Got error 0x80070424.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update not working. Got error 0x80070424.: It's been a while since I can not do any update on my Windows 10 with the error 0x80070424. I tried different things, nothing worked and I am running out of ideas to solve the issue. What I did: 1 Run the troubleshooting checker. -> everything was ok. 2 Run the...
  4. turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...

turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...: how to turn off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turn on windows defender and firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turning-off-mcafee-virus-scan-and-firewall-and/4b616e99-6fc9-4d2b-9159-c9794cb6b1fe
  5. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  6. Antivirus disappeared, can't turn on windows defender, can't update windows (0x80070424)

Antivirus disappeared, can't turn on windows defender, can't update windows (0x80070424): Hello, I'm on windows 10 family version 1803. Last time my computer checked for update: 14.09.2018 I recently realised that no system update have been done for 10 months and that F-Secure was not on my computer anymore (just a shortcut on my desktop leading nowhere). When...
  7. update error 0x80070424

update error 0x80070424: Ik heb problemen met het updaten van windows en het bekijken en downloaden van apps in de Microsoft store ook is mijn computer erg sloom en applicaties lopen vaak vast Screenshots [IMG]...
  8. (0x80070424) update error

(0x80070424) update error: I think that some files are corrupted due to malware. Can I restore the settings without reseting the whole pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x80070424-update-error/a90c33fa-bdba-4003-9962-72898eb69edf
  9. Update error 0x80070424

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update error 0x80070424: Hi everyone Suddenly windows 10 Update and Windows Defender Security centers have crashed. Windows Update shows this error 0x80070424, I do not know what to do, please someone know what I can do to fix the error?...
  10. Error 0x80070424 virus deleted windows update service

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 0x80070424 virus deleted windows update service: im trying to download a game through microsoft store and update my computer but i got a virus a while back and I have learned it deleted my windows update service. things i have tried sfc/ scannow adding wuauserv into registry again windows advanced troubleshoot 119123
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. norton winlogui.exe