Windows 10: 0x800704cf error. Cant log into my windows account.

Discus and support 0x800704cf error. Cant log into my windows account. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I just got my computer repaired and now i have the error 0x800704cf everytime i try to log onto my windows account. It is a fresh install of windows... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by kevinpage2, Sep 12, 2020.

1. 0x800704cf error. Cant log into my windows account.

I just got my computer repaired and now i have the error 0x800704cf everytime i try to log onto my windows account. It is a fresh install of windows 10. I updated everything that i could. Restarted computer numerous times.

any ideas or do i just try and use windows without the ability to log into it?

:)

kevinpage2, Sep 12, 2020
  2. borhan48 Win User
    borhan48, Sep 12, 2020
  3. AndreyT Win User
    That annoying 0x800704cf error...

This is something I see with every fresh installation of Windows 8 and later.

I have a file server, called FILES, which is a Windows 8.1 Pro machine with a bunch of shared folders. I use several Windows 10 Pro machines to connect to these shares over Ethernet or WiFi (Netgear R8000 router).

I use basic password-based authentication. I.e. all machines have the same set of user accounts with identical passwords. All machines belong to default WORKGROUP. Homegroups are disabled. Windows Firewall is disabled on all machines as well. The network is designated as private.

Now, once I log into my Windows 10 user account, I open File Explorer, hit 'Network' and see FILES listed as a machine on my network. This means that network discovery works fine.

I double click on FILES icon and see the full list of all available shares on FILES. So this part works fine as well.

But then, when I click on a specific share (say, 'Storage'), I get an error message

0x800704cf error. Cant log into my windows account. [​IMG]

Trying to click on the same share (or other shares) produces the same error. But it happens only for about 20-40 seconds after the first click. After that, the next click suddenly successfully opens the share and everything works fine after that. All other shares on FILES also begin working perfectly.

However, if I leave FILES alone for a while and then return back to it, the same behavior happens again. First click of FILES shares generate 0x800704cf error, but after a short while everything starts working again.

What is the reason for this annoying error? I see it mentioned on the Net quite a few times, but no definitive answer.

AndreyT, Sep 12, 2020
  4. 0x800704cf error. Cant log into my windows account.

Error 0x800704cf in microsoft store

Hi,

As per the error message, your internet connection might have something to do with the error code 0x800704cf. The anti-virus on your computer can also be the culprit here. However, let us not assume anything yet until we isolated your concern. We suggest
    that you download and run the Windows Store App Troubleshooter. Once done, check if the issue persists.
    You can also check if the Store works in another user account. If the issue
    still persists, we suggest to reset the Microsoft Store. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, the type in wsreset.exe.
    • Hit Enter to proceed.

You may reset the Store a couple of times before checking if the issue persists.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooting steps provided above.

Carlos Tin, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

0x800704cf error. Cant log into my windows account.

1. 0x800704cf error. Cant log into my windows account. - Similar Threads - 0x800704cf error Cant

2. Cannot log into my Microsoft account error 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log into my Microsoft account error 0x800704cf: I am unable to log into my Microsoft account on my browser or in the Microsoft Store, but I could do it on this website. The error message either says I need a network connection or that the issue is "probably [Microsoft's] fault." I have tried1. Unchecking Client for...
  3. Cannot log into my Microsoft account error 0x800704cf

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot log into my Microsoft account error 0x800704cf: I am unable to log into my Microsoft account on my browser or in the Microsoft Store, but I could do it on this website. The error message either says I need a network connection or that the issue is "probably [Microsoft's] fault." I have tried1. Unchecking Client for...
  4. Cannot log into my Microsoft account error 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Error 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x800704cf: I cannot login into my Microsoft account because my computer thinks that it isn't connected to my internet. I have been using the internet though quite a bit so I know that the internet is actually working... I have tried trouble shooting but nothing comes up. I have also...
  6. Error 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account: I sent my computer in for repairs and it came back with the factory image reinstalled. It's had time to configure a few updates, but I haven't yet reinstalled everything. While trying to use Office 365, I ran into a problem activating my subscription. It gives me this error:...
  7. cant log in to my account

cant log in to my account: why cant i log in to my accouni https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-to-my-account/540689b7-dfb3-4791-8982-2ea51e94b919
  8. 0x800704cf when logging in to my account on windows

0x800704cf when logging in to my account on windows: I have done so many things to fix this but nothing I have tried has worked. This error comes up when I try to sign in to my microsoft account on windows, windows store and the xbox app. It also says "It doesn't look like you are connected to the internet. Please check your...
  9. Cant log into account. Error code 0x800704cf

Cant log into account. Error code 0x800704cf: I cant sign into my account and ive tried everything. But i can sign into my othere account just fine without a network error code. Not sure whats going on....
  10. Error 0x800704cf

Error 0x800704cf: how do I fix Error 0x800704cf MS says it needs to fix a problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x800704cf/fe2ceb6b-4e16-41d1-b5da-257d749c48f4
Tags: