Windows 10: 0x800705b4 Update Hangs, Update Troubleshoot Hangs, sfc /scannow Hangs

Discus and support 0x800705b4 Update Hangs, Update Troubleshoot Hangs, sfc /scannow Hangs in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have tried updating a few times, it hangs for a full day or longer if you let it. I have tried the updated trouble shooter, it hangs as long as you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FUState, May 15, 2021.

1. FUState Win User

0x800705b4 Update Hangs, Update Troubleshoot Hangs, sfc /scannow Hangs

I have tried updating a few times, it hangs for a full day or longer if you let it. I have tried the updated trouble shooter, it hangs as long as you allow it to run I have tried sfc /scannow and it hangs as long as you allow it to run I have also run windows defender, it seems fine, but not sure how up to date the information is because it does not update Current version: Windows 10 Home Version 1909 Installed 2019-09-07 OS Build 18363.836

:)

FUState, May 15, 2021
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Mr Morgan Win User
    Windows 10 Update hangs at Checking for Updates

I wonder if anyone can help me with this problem which has arisen recently. I have Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 but when I try Windows Update via the Settings app, it hangs for some time and eventually gives:

0x800705b4 Update Hangs, Update Troubleshoot Hangs, sfc /scannow Hangs [​IMG]

Checking in Event Viewer I find messages such as:

So I know that Windows Update is finding updates on-line. But what is the error 0x800705b4?

I have tried deleting contents of folders C:\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore and Download and also running the troubleshooter for updates in Windows 10 but this simply hangs with message:

Can anyone advise?

Mr Morgan, May 15, 2021
  4. onceagain Win User

store hangs

Hi, I am new to this forum. I downloaded windows 10, the Microsoft store will not load and hangs. Suggestions on line have been windows logo key wsreset, windows logo x, command prompt sfc/scannow.
    After running wsreset the loading image does not show in Microsoft store and still hangs. PLEASE HELP.
    Sheryl

onceagain, May 15, 2021
Thema:

1. 0x800705b4 Update Hangs, Update Troubleshoot Hangs, sfc /scannow Hangs - Similar Threads - 0x800705b4 Update Hangs

2. Update hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update hangs: Trying to install Windows update, it gets to 61% and hangs. Now i cannot get it to clear so i can try to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-hangs/999316aa-19b2-4079-804b-8b67b090c163
  3. Update hangs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update hangs: Trying to install Windows update, it gets to 61% and hangs. Now i cannot get it to clear so i can try to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-hangs/999316aa-19b2-4079-804b-8b67b090c163
  4. Update hangs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Updates hanging.

Updates hanging.: I`m well and truly SICK TO THE BACK TEETH of Windows 10 updates hanging.EVERY single month the cumulative updates HANG on installation, causing days of slow running computer.WHEN are Microsoft going to rectify this problem ??. WHY can`t you test the updates BEFORE releasing...
  6. Update hanging on 57%

Update hanging on 57%: Hello I am trying to update another Windows 10 computer and it just hanged at 57% can Microsoft help me out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-hanging-on-57/df2c6514-8c4d-45cf-83be-c3562a64ba65
  7. Windows 10 hangs "checking for updates" troubleshooter also hangs

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 hangs "checking for updates" troubleshooter also hangs: I JUST installed Windows 10 on my Lenovo B570 using the Free Upgrade Tool from Microsoft saved from when they were offering a free upgrade to all Windows 7 users. For some reason, instead of installing the latest version, it installed version 1709 and despite the fact that...
  8. Update hangs at 54%

Update hangs at 54%: Almost every day Windows 10 tries to update itself. But after a loooong wait, the process stops at 54% and the update animation ( the little circles ) stops. I have to press the On-off button for a couple seconds, and Windows restores de previous version. How can I correct...
  9. Win 10 Update Troubleshoot report and hanging with youtube

Win 10 Update Troubleshoot report and hanging with youtube: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I spent a great deal of time last night/this morning updating to the 1909 as I was advised to. Following it, things seemed to be working fine. Then later today, YT videos started hanging. I've checked to see if there were any Win updates that were waiting...
  10. Update hangs at 30%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update hangs at 30%: Hello, Every Microsoft update that I have whenever I restart my PC it always hangs at 30% and the little loading icon freezes, does anybody else have this issue or is it just me? Any help to resolve this would be appreciated. 16444