Windows 10: 0x800f0922 again again again unable to update for 9 months

Discus and support 0x800f0922 again again again unable to update for 9 months in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Are you a robot? MS? Then you wont bother. Impossible to update W10 with this dreaded "error-code" (generic no.) Could be related to .NET Could be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterBehrend2, Jun 17, 2019.

1. 0x800f0922 again again again unable to update for 9 months

Are you a robot? MS? Then you wont bother.

Impossible to update W10 with this dreaded "error-code" (generic no.)

Could be related to .NET

Could be related to "MS Reserved Partition"

Could be related to absolutely anything.

How am I to tell?

They say "Reserved Partition" must be 512 MB. But it is only 128 MB on dozens of perfectly working Win 10 pc's I've monitored.

You can't change that size whatever you do. NO TOOLS WILL DO THAT. (UEFI GPT conundrum).

Well, I guess it wouldn't matter.

Then there is .NET . I would steer around it if I could. But impossible. NO TOOL WILL FIX THAT EITHER.

Windows itself happily reports all ok. (besides the small detail that it won't update)

Have tried EVERY powershell tool.

I have no virus or other malware (besides Windows itself).

Ouch!

/hi robot

:)

PeterBehrend2, Jun 17, 2019
  2. grimmrace Win User

Windows refuses to update - Error 0x800f0922

Windows won't update, i ran sfc as an Admin in CMD and no issues.

0x800f0922 again again again unable to update for 9 months [​IMG]

• Adobe is activated on Edge but still doesn't work, could this be related?

0x800f0922 again again again unable to update for 9 months [​IMG]

System Details
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Build Version: 10586.420

grimmrace, Jun 17, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond 0x800f0922 again again again unable to update for 9 months :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 17, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

0x800f0922 again again again unable to update for 9 months

2019-01 cumulative update for 1809 x64 fails with 0x800F0922 error

Hi, this is the update for ref:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...date-kb4480116

Forum description and comments with experience of installing it:
    Cumulative Update KB4480116 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.253 - Jan. 8 Windows Update - Windows 10 Forums

Searching for the error number suggests
    Tech Support: Windows 10 Update with Error Code 0x800F0922 – EaseUS

helpful amplification of part of the above:
    Install update Error 0x800f0922 - Microsoft Community

Note that accompanying this is an update for Net framework,The error number is often associated with that.
    How to Fix .NET Framework 3.5 Installation Error 0x800F0922 - Appuals.com

Are you certain the error number is associated with the KB rather than the Net framework update offered simultaneously?

If you wished to separate the elements offered at this time and try installing them individually, you could use Windows Update Minitool (free) which allows you to select updates individually.

dalchina, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

0x800f0922 again again again unable to update for 9 months

1. 0x800f0922 again again again unable to update for 9 months - Similar Threads - 0x800f0922 again again

2. again for this monthly update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    again for this monthly update: As expected, update has an error on my machine. Last month I was barely retrieve it by performing clean installation. I dont care about my apps since I can re install it anytime but the files needs to back up again. I dont want to perform another clean installation for this...
  3. again for this monthly update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    again for this monthly update: As expected, update has an error on my machine. Last month I was barely retrieve it by performing clean installation. I dont care about my apps since I can re install it anytime but the files needs to back up again. I dont want to perform another clean installation for this...
  4. again for this monthly update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Updating my laptop again and again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating my laptop again and again.: specifications Processor : IntelR CoreTM i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed RAM :4.00 GB 3.88 GB usable System type :64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition : Windows 10 Home Single LanguageVersion : 21H2Experience : Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  6. Updating my laptop again and again.

Updating my laptop again and again.: specifications Processor : IntelR CoreTM i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed RAM :4.00 GB 3.88 GB usable System type :64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition : Windows 10 Home Single LanguageVersion : 21H2Experience : Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  7. BSOD again and again and again :-

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD again and again and again :-: Hi everyone,I am facing a very irritating problem within Windows 10 Home Single Language v. 21H1, build 19043.1023 where your help/expertise would be much appreciated.About 6 months ago I bought here in Brazil a laptop Dell Inspiron 15, model 3583 Intel Core i7-8565U CPU...
  8. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Again after a month

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Again after a month: Hello! I have previously posted about this same issue in an earlier thread a month ago about the very same BSOD. As a result, I have followed the exact same steps as mentioned in the last thread again beforehand. My Windows 10 Build is 20H2 as usual and the device is a Dell...
  9. Deleting temporary files,again and again and again and again

Deleting temporary files,again and again and again and again: Why the **** does deleting temporary files not **** delete them ? In fact, why did my temporary file size **** increase after i supposedly deleted this ****? **** useless ****....
  10. Windows Update fails again - and again, and again, etc!!

Windows Update fails again - and again, and again, etc!!: My desktop is running Windows 10 Pro version 1709 build 16299.371. After many months and dozens of attempts, the Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1803 ALWAYS FAILS. In the process of failing it usually leaves the computer at least hung, and often unusable/unbootable....
Tags: