Windows 10: 0x803F7001 Error After Mother Board Swap

Discus and support 0x803F7001 Error After Mother Board Swap in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I had to change out some PC parts and after I did so Windows said it's not activated anymore. The problem is that I don't have a key or anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ndless, Sep 29, 2019.

1. ndless Win User

0x803F7001 Error After Mother Board Swap

So I had to change out some PC parts and after I did so Windows said it's not activated anymore. The problem is that I don't have a key or anything because when I built this computer it had Windows 7 on it originally, and when Microsoft was forcing windows 10 upgrades it automatically did it without my consent when I'd stepped away to go to the kitchen. I don't have my key for 7 anymore, and was never given a key for the force 10 upgrade. I shouldn't have to pay for a new 130 some dollar key to switch a part in my PC. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

ndless, Sep 29, 2019
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Sep 29, 2019
  4. 0x803F7001 Error After Mother Board Swap

Replacing Mother Board

I need to replace my mother board. I have purchased the identical replacement. I want replace the mother board and use the same old Processor. Processor is i7 6700K and the motherboard is ASUS Z170. Is it possible to replace the Mother board without re installing
    the Windows and software.

Thank you

Franklin Silva

Silvafranklin, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

0x803F7001 Error After Mother Board Swap

1. 0x803F7001 Error After Mother Board Swap - Similar Threads - 0x803F7001 Error Mother

2. Activation Windows After change mother board

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation Windows After change mother board: I changed my motherboard and after it, I can't activate my windows.I already try to troubleshooting and select the key linked with my e-mail, but it doesn't work.The message error is: We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try later....
  3. Is my mother board fried

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my mother board fried: So I let my 5 year old on my pc he tried turning it off himself by spamming the power button on and off now is showing no signal I can even open the bios screen or nothing iv tried a new hard drive still nothing plugged monitors in mother board vga and still nothing all fans...
  4. mother board replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mother board replacement: If I change out the mother board in my HP pc, will I have to purchase a new Windows OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mother-board-replacement/b703c4ba-6239-4f6b-b7ba-d68cdfe8e6ad
  5. mother board replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mother board replacement: If I change out the mother board in my HP pc, will I have to purchase a new Windows OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mother-board-replacement/b703c4ba-6239-4f6b-b7ba-d68cdfe8e6ad
  6. mother board replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Mother board problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mother board problem.: This is AMD 2400g cpu ( 3 years old ) with Gigabyte AB350M Gaming mobo ( 1 year old ). Recently I cleaned the CPU case with brush and put back RAMS in slots and tried to switch on but PC didn't start. I removed Rams and put in another order and after some combinations PC...
  8. changing mother board

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    changing mother board: I'm about to change my motherboard and CPU but many people said that my windows license will be gone if I try to change my motherboard my windows license is volume license...
  9. Mother Board

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mother Board: I've seen a few articals that have said the 200 series chip set isn't compatible with the 300 series. But what I don't understand is how it isn't compatible. I have a Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero Mother Board and it's made for the 200 series. Why can't I just install the proper...
  10. Upgrading a Mother board

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading a Mother board: I have a question regarding mother board upgrade, do i have to reinstall windows if i upgrade my mother board MSI b250m pro-vh to a motherboard that support 8th and 9th gen motherboard?...
Tags: