Windows 10: 0x87E00005 error while downloading some games

Discus and support 0x87E00005 error while downloading some games in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello i am having an problem downloading some games from the mc store throught game pass. Some titles i can download and play some i want to start... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MarcusMin, May 16, 2021.

1. MarcusMin Win User

0x87E00005 error while downloading some games

Hello i am having an problem downloading some games from the mc store throught game pass. Some titles i can download and play some i want to start downloading and after 10 min i get this error 0x87E00005. I really need a helping hand with it. I hope there is a way to fix this error

:)

MarcusMin, May 16, 2021
  2. Dvlos Win User

Error Code 0x87E00005 Windows 10 Store Games Do Not Install

I am unable to install any games (and I just bought one) off the Windows Store on ONE of my PCs. I am able to install apps like Amazon Music, Audible, Xbox Game Bar, Angry Birds 2, and others. However the triple A type games like Age of Empires Definitive
    and Outer Worlds I am not.

The game tries to download, goes from pending to download and just sits the for about 15 minutes before kicking up this error code. All searches say this error code pertains to Xbox consoles but this is a Windows 10 machine running windows store.

My steps:

- WSRESET about a million times

- Fully removed Windows Store using PowerShell Admin

- Reinstalled Windows Store using PowerShell

Run back and select to install The Outer Worlds, download now went from Pending to Acquiring License to Downloading.. got to 4% stops and kicks up this error code. Anytime I try to restart this download I have the same problem, Error Code 0x87E00005.

I do not know if this is related to ALL of this but my Office 365 on this machine ALSO refuses to update. Just spins endlessly, if I try to download it again from Office site it kicks back a different error and doesn't download. There is also one KB that
    refuses to install (all others do) SQL 2014 Server cumulative (I run SQL express here for UPS Worldship). I really never have issues with this machine and updates -- I have ALWAYS had intermittent issues with this machine and Windows Store albeit its been
    2 years since I last full removed/full installed the Windows Store and its been magic since and now this.

Dvlos, May 16, 2021
  3. i just downloaded a game and it will open and shut automatically

Hi john,

For a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• Please specify the game you are having issue with?
    • Are you getting any error messages while opening the game?
    • Also, did you download the game from windows Store?
    For workaround, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, May 16, 2021
  4. 0x87E00005 error while downloading some games

Can't download games

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to download the game Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are you trying to Download the Games?
    • Are you downloading the games from Windows store?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 16, 2021
Thema:

0x87E00005 error while downloading some games

1. 0x87E00005 error while downloading some games - Similar Threads - 0x87E00005 error while

2. 0x87e00005 windows 11 can't download games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x87e00005 windows 11 can't download games: Spent some time trying to fix it. The problem seems to be both Xbox app and the store. Have tried to reinstall gaming services manually, but stays pending forever. Any help is appreciated....
  3. 0x87e00005 windows 11 can't download games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x87e00005 windows 11 can't download games: Spent some time trying to fix it. The problem seems to be both Xbox app and the store. Have tried to reinstall gaming services manually, but stays pending forever. Any help is appreciated....
  4. Not able to download some games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not able to download some games: Hey!I have IntelR G33/G31 Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0 as my Graphics Card. And when I open DirectX Diagnostic tool, I see my DirectX version as 12.But when I try to install some game I am not talking about all or the game given below. I am not able...
  5. Getting error 0x87e00005 trying to install games on Game Pass for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error 0x87e00005 trying to install games on Game Pass for PC: Hi,I'm trying to download a couple of games to Gamepass and getting the above error. I've tried downloading a few other games including one I've successfully downloaded previously then uninstalled and I'm getting the same error. So far, out of the half dozen I've tried, only...
  6. 0x80073CF3 Error while downloading a game

0x80073CF3 Error while downloading a game: Hello, I've started a download and then I shutted down my PC, and when I want to download this game again, it crashes and say that error code. This only happen with this application. Dont know why, if I try to donwload another game, it works nice. Some help? Ive tried most of...
  7. Error 0x80242020 while trying to download a game

Error 0x80242020 while trying to download a game: So, I have the Game Pass Ultimate and tried to install Downwell who is in it but got this error. I searched, tried the "wsreset" in the Win + R menu to use those two commands: "PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted" and "$manifest = Get-AppxPackage...
  8. Unable to download Halo MCC, Code: 0x87E00005

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to download Halo MCC, Code: 0x87E00005: My download of Halo MCC got struck on after downloading around 200mb from windows store, showing Code: 0x87E00005. Now it's not getting downloaded nor getting canceled. Anyone else has this problem? submitted by /u/wrongtake [link] [comments]...
  9. Error Code 0x87E00005 Windows 10 Store Games Do Not Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code 0x87E00005 Windows 10 Store Games Do Not Install: I am unable to install any games (and I just bought one) off the Windows Store on ONE of my PCs. I am able to install apps like Amazon Music, Audible, Xbox Game Bar, Angry Birds 2, and others. However the triple A type games like Age of Empires Definitive and Outer Worlds I...
  10. Error 0x80070005 while downloading games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80070005 while downloading games: Hi! I subscribed to the Xbox Game Pass (PC) on June and I was able to download any game I wanted. After the second week, everytime I try to download most of the games I get the error 0x80070005 and I can't find a solution to it. I've tried a lot of different things, I even...