Windows 10: 0xa00f424 camera app cant save picture and video

Discus and support 0xa00f424 camera app cant save picture and video in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It look like the camera app of win 10 can function but when I press the button to take picture or record video it will show cant save with 0xA00F424... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by leezhi ying, Jun 2, 2020.

1. 0xa00f424 camera app cant save picture and video

It look like the camera app of win 10 can function but when I press the button to take picture or record video it will show cant save with 0xA00F424 error. So, any solution to solve this?

:)

leezhi ying, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

upload pictures and saving from camera

Hi,

How are you trying to upload the Photos? Are you using any application software for uploading the photos?

What exactly happens when you try to upload the Photos? Do you receive any error message?

Do you have webcam on your computer? If so, are you using Camera app to click Photos?

All pictures, videos, and panoramas you take with the Camera app are saved to your camera roll. There are different ways you can look at your camera roll.

• Camera app: Will be saved i Camera roll folder.

• Photos app: Go to the Pictures library, and then to the
      Camera roll folder.

• File Explorer: Go to the Pictures folder, and then to the
      Camera roll folder.
    Please reply us with the required information to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Branneth Win User
    Camera/Video Camera settings not being saved.

Is there a way to save your camera settings (ex: Macro/flash on or off) and Video Camera settings (ex: 720P HD recording)

It is intensely annoying to have to change these settings every time I open the application. This also defeats the purpose of the "hardware camera button." What good is having the app open up instantly, if you have to take 10 seconds to change settings before
    you can snap a picture? By then, the moment is over. Am I just missing the option to save these?

Branneth, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

0xa00f424 camera app cant save picture and video

Error: 0xA00F424F when trying to take a picture or video from Camera App

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you receive an error 0xA00F424F, when you try to take a picture or a video.

Ideally, this error comes when due to insufficient read or write permissions. You may want to try changing the location of the folder where the pictures or videos are saved. Refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Open the Camera App and click on
      Settings (Gear icon)
    2. Now, under Related Settings, click on
      Change where photos and videos are saved.
    3. Select Yes when asked to switch applications.
    4. Now, click on the drop down for New photos and videos will be saved to and select another drive.
    5. Click Apply.

You may also want to refer the article on
    Camera doesn't work in Windows 10

If you need further assistance, let me know by posting back. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

0xa00f424 camera app cant save picture and video

1. 0xa00f424 camera app cant save picture and video - Similar Threads - 0xa00f424 camera app

2. camera does not take picture or video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera does not take picture or video: The camera is not working, only seeing a black screen when app is open... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-take-picture-or-video/25bbff3a-5cd1-46d3-be82-8eba8d63dec2
  3. camera does not take picture or video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera does not take picture or video: The camera is not working, only seeing a black screen when app is open... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-take-picture-or-video/25bbff3a-5cd1-46d3-be82-8eba8d63dec2
  4. windows camera will not save pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows camera will not save pictures: The camera app on my Windows 11 Pro v 22.h2 computer will not save pictures. If I try to save a shot, I get a 0xA00F425F error. I searched for how to fix the problem, and everyone talks about going to settings in the camera app, choosing "related settings" and then changing...
  5. windows camera will not save pictures

windows camera will not save pictures: The camera app on my Windows 11 Pro v 22.h2 computer will not save pictures. If I try to save a shot, I get a 0xA00F425F error. I searched for how to fix the problem, and everyone talks about going to settings in the camera app, choosing "related settings" and then changing...
  6. where are the videos and pictures of the camera app stored or located on the system

where are the videos and pictures of the camera app stored or located on the system: where are the videos and pictures of the camera app stored or located on the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-the-videos-and-pictures-of-the-camera/00affa87-57ca-4acc-a78a-c5f25643697e
  7. My laptop camera cant save my photos and videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop camera cant save my photos and videos: This is the error message: Something went wrong Sorry, we weren't able to save the photo. If you need it, here's the error code: 0xA00F424F<PhotoCaptureFileCreationFailed> 0x80270200 What can I do to fix this issue?...
  8. Cant Save edited video from photo app

Cant Save edited video from photo app: Hello, I made a video recording & added music to it. The photo app is saving the project, but when I got to finish the video, it doesnt export to my hard drive. It says completed, but where are the files? Geeze people, your software constantly gives me issues. I think I am...
  9. Built In Camera Takes pictures but no video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built In Camera Takes pictures but no video: My built-in webcam/camera was working fine last week when I used it last. When I went to use it today, it would take pictures but not video which is what I need. Some solutions had to do with finding the camera on the control panel and device manager, but I couldn't find it...
  10. Saved pictures and camera pictures libraries creates itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Saved pictures and camera pictures libraries creates itself: As the tittle says? How to permanently delete these folders so they not comeback/creates itself? 52454