Windows 10: 0xc0000005 Rufus and other programs problems

Discus and support 0xc0000005 Rufus and other programs problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [img] Here is an example of a problem with rufus, most programs to download and run this happens. I download and start rufus immediately, everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ledjo3009, Dec 23, 2020.

1. ledjo3009 Win User

0xc0000005 Rufus and other programs problems

0xc0000005 Rufus and other programs problems [​IMG]

Here is an example of a problem with rufus, most programs to download and run this happens.
    I download and start rufus immediately, everything is normal, after a while or restarting the computer, I get this error.
    I tried safe mode and clean boot and sfc scan and dism and again the same thing happens.

:)

ledjo3009, Dec 23, 2020

2. Error code 0xc0000005

Hi Samuel,

If running your antivirus software to scan for malicious programs does not help, I suggest disabling Data Execution Prevention. It's a built-in feature on Windows for protecting your computer. Some programs may not be compatible with this feature and opening
    the app or game will cause 0xc0000005 error.

To disable it, log in using an admin account and follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key + R, type sysdm.cpl and press
      Enter.
    2. Click the Advanced tab > Settings button.
    3. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
    4. Select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
    5. Click Add and open the problematic executable file/game.
    6. Click OK.

Let me know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    program was unable to start. (0xc0000005)

Hi,

To address your issue about opening programs and error code 0xc0000005, try these following methods:

Method 1: Run DISM

The DISM may help you to fix some Windows corruption errors. To do so, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Run this command: DISM.EXE /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    • If the operation is completed successfully, close the command prompt and check if your issue has been fixed.

Method 2: Run System File Checker

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. To do so, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Run this command: SFC /scannow
    • This may take several minutes to finish. If Command Prompt shows Verification 100% complete, close the command prompt and check if your issue has been fixed.

Method 3: Performing a Clean Boot

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program. You
    may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. To do so, follow these steps:

• On the Search box, type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog
      box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog
      box, tap or click Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Dec 23, 2020
  4. 0xc0000005 Rufus and other programs problems

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

0xc0000005 Rufus and other programs problems

1. 0xc0000005 Rufus and other programs problems - Similar Threads - 0xc0000005 Rufus programs

2. Error 0xc0000005 when running a programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0xc0000005 when running a programs.: Hello everyone. So i have a problem with running a programs. When i run a program, an error pops up. I don't know what its said but the error code was "0xc0000005". It didn't happen when i first installed it into Windows. When i use it for 2nd time, the error pops up. After...
  3. Rufus USB Problem Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rufus USB Problem Windows 7: This is the error I receive when formatting my usb with Rufus. Error 0xc00305b4 The operation returned because the timeout period has expired. I adjust the timeout value in services to 2000. I still receive the same error. I attached a screenshot. Rufus log Rufus x86...
  4. Rufus 3.14 problems - 3.11 OK

Rufus 3.14 problems - 3.11 OK: Hi folks I've an older system that can't boot UEFI with boot partition NTFS but works perfectly with FAT32. With RUFUS 3.11 I get a drop down for the usb stick giving choice to format in NTFS or FAT32, in 3.14 it only seems to permit NTFS - even if you format in FAT32 first....
  5. Problem 0xc0000005, Roblox

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem 0xc0000005, Roblox: I have resetted my platop and now im trying to play Roblox but this error shows up: Impossible to open this app correctly 0xc0000005. I don't know what to do, i tried to find a solution but i didn't find one. Can anyone help me with this problem? This game was working...
  6. Rufus

Rufus: I want to dual boot with Linux and Windows 10, but Unetbootin won't make a bootable usb and Rufus is grayed out so I can't use that either. Not sure what to do. 151790
  7. rufus tool problem

rufus tool problem: ok i am trying to load 1809 iso win 10 to rufus but it automatically selects ntfs fat32 is disabled and with ntfs it creates two partitions on same one usb drive what to do i cant understand my os is uefi 138863
  8. 0xc0000005 Application Error Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc0000005 Application Error Problem: When I tried to launch Roblox and Avast Secure Browser, this message is shown. "Application Error" "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application." Please help me solving this problem. Windows 10 Build 1809 (OS Build...
  9. New Release of Rufus at Rufus 3.6

New Release of Rufus at Rufus 3.6: Rufus is a small utility that helps quickly format and creates bootable USB flash drives, such as USB keys/pen drives, memory sticks, etc. Rufus is now integrated with Fido to download Windows 10 and 8.1 ISOs from Microsoft servers. Video guide available. It can be...
  10. Rufus

Rufus: Thought you Rufus users out there might want to read this, especially if you are UEFI/GPT users. Veryinteresting reading and explains why there are so many problems with booting a Rufus made flash drive, at least it does to me. Why do I need to disable Secure Boot to use...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Installer rufus 0xc000005 sur pc