Windows 10: 0xc000000e Boot error. Normal fixes don't work

Discus and support 0xc000000e Boot error. Normal fixes don't work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This issue occurred after I installed a new SSD and cloned my old start drive too it. I tried to expand the drive to utilize the full capacity of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ikon107, Jan 17, 2021.

1. ikon107 Win User

0xc000000e Boot error. Normal fixes don't work

This issue occurred after I installed a new SSD and cloned my old start drive too it. I tried to expand the drive to utilize the full capacity of the SSD by using AOMEI Partition assistant and merging the new cloned volume and the large unassigned partition. I needed to restart it and rebooted into PreOS mode. Doing this I get the 0xc000000e boot error.

I restart the computer from a USB, then enter the command prompt.

bootrec /rebuildbcd finds an installation on the E: drive, and asks if I want to add the installation to the boot list. Answering Y yeilds:

"The system cannot find the path specified"

bootrec /FixMbt

completes succefully

bootrec /FixBoot yeilds "Access is denied"

To fix this I follow a guide that leads to me changing the letter of the volume that Windows is installed on E: to "V:". It then asks me to input format V: /FS:FAT32 This first asks me of the name of the drive, which I give it. Then it warns me that formatting will clear everything. At this point I chicken out because none of the guides I was reading mentioned this. The next step was to enter: bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI which I did without formatting, this didn't work for any letter I placed before "\windows".

Worth noting is that in diskpart I didn't find any volume that clearly stated that it was an EFI partition. I also found some unlabeled partitions that I weren't sure of what they were, including one Hidden FAT32 100MB partition.

:)

ikon107, Jan 17, 2021

2. Boot Error Code 0xc000000e with a slight difference

I been having this problem for a while but it hasn't been much of a bother till recently. So I have been getting a boot error code 0xc000000e for quiet some time. However though, there is something that I find it weird about the code. So basically when I
    first installed Windows for the first time, everything was working fine. When I tried to reset the computer in case there was any problems, it gave me the error code. I tried different methods on fixing it but I was only able to fix the problem temporary.
    Whenever I would boot up the menu with the F11 key and click on the hard drive that has Windows on it, it boots up normally. Even when I reset after this method, the computer would boot up normally so I thought everything is fine. But when I would reset the
    next time, it would still give me an error code 0xc000000e.

In short, the cycle would be. First boot good, 2nd boot no good so F11 to boot up normally, 3rd boot good, 4th boot no good so F11 to boot up normally. Cycle continues. I never found an actual solution to this and I am hoping I can find any answers here.

I am running on Windows 10 at the moment and the computer is about 4 years old. So this problem has been persistent for about 4 years and it still works normally surprisingly. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem is greatly appreciated!!

TI Wooser9, Jan 17, 2021
  3. error code 0xc000000e

The boot error 0xc000000e on Windows seems quite irritating as the user finds difficult to load the operating system normally. It mainly occurs due to uncertain shutdown or restart of the computer which may be because of power failure or sudden system crash thereby making the boot configuration data corrupt. I will explain you how to repair the boot configuration data.
    1) Insert the Windows installation bootable disk and open the command prompt through it.
    0xc000000e Boot error. Normal fixes don't work [​IMG]
    2) Execute the following commands one by one
    bootrec/fixmbr
    bootrec/fixboot
    bootrec/rebuildbcd

0xc000000e Boot error. Normal fixes don't work [​IMG]
    3) Wait for the process to be completed and then Restart your PC.
    4) Visit the link www.officialtechsupport.com/fix-boot-error-0xc000000e-windows-10/ to know the rest of the methods to fix boot errors on your PC

AdityaChoudhary, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Tmp1939 Win User

Error 0xc000000e and the computer does not boot

Jessen,

Thank you for suggestions.

F8 can not boot to Safe Mode.

Command lines >bootrec/fixmbr... have been tried

Win 10 USB and CD are of no help.

0xc000000e error still remains.

Tmp1939, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

1. 0xc000000e Boot error. Normal fixes don't work - Similar Threads - 0xc000000e Boot error

2. BSOD 0xc000000e on boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD 0xc000000e on boot: BSOD 0xc000000e on boot Dear tech wizards Today when I turned on my computer, I was faced by the blue screen of death. The error code is: 0xc000000e “A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed.” I’ve googled for hours but without any luck. I build my computer...
  3. Error 0xc000000e when booting from installation USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0xc000000e when booting from installation USB: I'm currently using linux but need windows for school. When I boot from a windows 10 usb, I get a blue error screen saying my pc needs to be repaired and showing error code 0xc000000e. None of the options listed work. My UEFI is configured properly, exactly the same as when I...
  4. in accessable boot device and error code 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    in accessable boot device and error code 0xc000000e: Hi there First of all thank you ,let's start after I upgrade some of my drivers i restart my pc and then i face : In accessable boot device but that doesn't freak me out then i try to gain access to advanced boot option but when i restart it three times i face another...
  5. Error code 0xc000000e, unable to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code 0xc000000e, unable to boot: I have my Windows installation on SSD. When I am trying to boot to Windows, I get an error code 0xc000000e. When I am trying to boot using USB, I cannot see SSD in the command prompt but I see the hard drive there. I think the issue is caused by SSD that has Windows...
  6. Computer Can't Boot, error code 0xc000000e

Computer Can't Boot, error code 0xc000000e: My laptop Gigabyte P17F v7, can't boot into windows, it gives the error code 0xc000000e. When I boot off of an USB, in the command prompt accessed from the recovery options, when I run Diskpart, my M.2 SSD does not show up, whereas my hard drives does. My windows installation...
  7. Boot Not work Properly [error code- 0xc000000e]

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot Not work Properly [error code- 0xc000000e]: When i boot my laptop .that time one error display on my laptop with blue screen "Recovery Your Pc/need to be repaired "].with this error code - 0xc000000e .i have try many solution on this issue but i can't fix it. so anyone know about this error that how to fix it. kindly...
  8. Boot Error Code 0xc000000e with a slight difference

Boot Error Code 0xc000000e with a slight difference: I been having this problem for a while but it hasn't been much of a bother till recently. So I have been getting a boot error code 0xc000000e for quiet some time. However though, there is something that I find it weird about the code. So basically when I first installed...
  9. How to fix error 0xc000000e on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix error 0xc000000e on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Recovery Error code 0xc000000e, Your PC needs to be repaired, indicates a hardware failure or an incorrect drive configuration, and may be accompanied by different error messages like: A required device isn’t connected or cannot be accessed Required device is [...]...
  10. Error: 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error: 0xc000000e: I was trying to install Linux alongside Windows. One person suggested I change the format of the disk to MBR, so I did so with an external program. I now see this was a bad idea as on reload, I can't access Windows. It gives the error 0xc000000e, not surprising as the...
Tags: