Windows 10: 0xc000000e error after SSD installation

Discus and support 0xc000000e error after SSD installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I attempted to install a Gammix S50 Lite 2TB SSD into my MSI GL72 6QD to replace the 1TB HDD it came with. I successfully installed the driver into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ddixon07, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Ddixon07 Win User

0xc000000e error after SSD installation

I attempted to install a Gammix S50 Lite 2TB SSD into my MSI GL72 6QD to replace the 1TB HDD it came with. I successfully installed the driver into what had been an empty slot then attempted to close it using the free version of Macrium. I copied each of the partitions from the HDD to the SSD. The C drive has windows and was about 558GB. Most of the remaining space on the disk was on the D drive. I expanded the partition on the D drive by about 1TB, filling the rest of the new SSD. I think there were 3 or 4 other options ranging from 300 MB to 18 GB. I don't think I changed the size in t

:)

Ddixon07, Apr 30, 2021

2. 0xc000000e

Windows 10 had been successfully installed on SSD for many weeks, then

installed most recent upgrade. Windows started slowly but worked, sometimes

had to reboot and got 0xc000000e error message. Tried another SSD which

worked fine on same system. Went back to bad SSD and got same error message.

Steps:

Windows 10 instal disk placed in CDROM and boot up

Get error message: 0xc000000e

go to command prompt

type the following:

X:\Sources>bootrec /fixmbr -successful

X:\Sources>bootrec /fixboot -successful

X:\Sources>bcedit /export c:\bcdbackup -The store export operation has

failed. Funny, earlier that was successful?

X:\Sources>attrib c:\boot\bcd -h-r-s -File not found

X:\Sources>bootrec /rebuildbcd -Total identified Windows installations:1

X:\Sources>Add installation to boot list? "Y" The requested system device

cannot be found.

HELP

PeterS1957, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Error 0xc000000e after installing a new SSD in HP 14 Pavilion

When you fail to boot from the newly installed SSD in HP Pavilion 14 and you get the blue screen of Error 0xc000000e, dont waste your time and effort anymore ..THE ONLY SOLUTION IS to disconnect the HDD and do a clean install of Windows on the SSD. When
    Windows setup is complete. Shut down the pc and re connect the HDD . Turn on pc, everything will be just fine. Now formate the previous c drive on HDD .

NabilswRoman, Apr 30, 2021
  4. 0xc000000e error after SSD installation

Error 0xc000000e required device cannot be found

Hi James,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Did you upgrade to Windows 10 or did Windows 10 come pre-installed on the pc?

Suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by “Jenith_James” from this thread to check if that helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/c8f62dc9-07e9-49b3-87bf-18d065db2e1b

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

0xc000000e error after SSD installation

1. 0xc000000e error after SSD installation - Similar Threads - 0xc000000e error SSD

2. Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD: I'm using Lenovo G50-80, and additionally added an SSD to it aswell some time ago and the person who installed it upgraded it to Windows 10 aswell. Recently I installed new windows 10 using an Installation Media via USB and after installation whenever I start my computer at...
  3. Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD: I'm using Lenovo G50-80, and additionally added an SSD to it aswell some time ago and the person who installed it upgraded it to Windows 10 aswell. Recently I installed new windows 10 using an Installation Media via USB and after installation whenever I start my computer at...
  4. Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error 0xc000000e after fresh install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0xc000000e after fresh install: [ATTACH] So this happens on the first boot after a fresh install, what the hell? For context I already have a windows 10 on another disk but I know if I install another copy on other disk ill have dual boot and i can choose the windows I want. Yes I have two windows 10, or...
  6. Error code: 0xc000000e in Windows 10 after have installed a SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code: 0xc000000e in Windows 10 after have installed a SSD: I have seem many post about how to solve the error code, in response the original posted by KFergs " Error code: 0xc000000e in Windows 10 Last reply September 21, 2019 by JamesKemper Created May 11, 2016 by KFergs ", that is locked for any further answer, so I decided to...
  7. Error 0xc000000e after installing a new SSD in HP 14 Pavilion

Error 0xc000000e after installing a new SSD in HP 14 Pavilion: When you fail to boot from the newly installed SSD in HP Pavilion 14 and you get the blue screen of Error 0xc000000e, dont waste your time and effort anymore ..THE ONLY SOLUTION IS to disconnect the HDD and do a clean install of Windows on the SSD. When Windows setup is...
  8. Recovery 0xc000000e error after upgrading to ssd

Recovery 0xc000000e error after upgrading to ssd: I don’t have much knowledge on computer but I’ve decided upgrade the drive to ssd by myself. So I use a partition wizard to migrate the os from hdd to the ssd with an enclosure. After I’ve replaced the drive, the screen showed up ‘Recovery....’ ‘error code 0xc000000e’....
  9. Meet error 0xc000000e after installing an SSD on HP Pavilion laptop

Meet error 0xc000000e after installing an SSD on HP Pavilion laptop: My laptop is a HP Pavilion Gaming 15 with a 1TB HDD. A few months later I decided to get a WD 250GB M.2 SSD and physically installed it myself. After the first reboot of installation, I cannot boot successfully and got an error message: File: \Windows\system32\winload.efi...
  10. Error 0xc000000e after installing windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 0xc000000e after installing windows.: I have this very strange problem that I cannot seem to fix on my own. So I attempted to build my very own PC and once every thing was good to go I created a windows media creation tool on a USB drive to allow my new system to boot from that. Once my new system booted from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. attrib c:\boot\bcd h r s path not found