Windows 10: 0xc000000e Win 10 Won't/Doesn't Boot (EFI BCD winload.exe winload.efi)

Discus and support 0xc000000e Win 10 Won't/Doesn't Boot (EFI BCD winload.exe winload.efi) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well that was frustrating. I'm trying to make the title of this post something easy to find via a search engine and this forum's design truncates the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TomIssaquah, Mar 19, 2017.

1. 0xc000000e Win 10 Won't/Doesn't Boot (EFI BCD winload.exe winload.efi)

Well that was frustrating. I'm trying to make the title of this post something easy to find via a search engine and this forum's design truncates the title line.

There is lots of advice out there on how to fix Error Code 0xc000000e. But none of it worked for me. And I found something that did. And I'm trying to pass that "Fix" along so others can try it.

There are multiple reasons why windows might crash; windows locks up and you have to cold boot (Unplug/Hold Power Button own), power failures, etc.

What I fond I that through some unknown mechanism you can end p with a corrupt partition being created at the front of your boot disk.

+++++++++++++++ THE FIX +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    There is a free piece of softwareyou can use to quickly check to see if this is your problem -TestDisk.exe
    TestDisk Download - CGSecurity

Be sure to read their instructionshere
    TestDisk Step By Step - CGSecurity

My problem looked like this

0xc000000e Win 10 Won't/Doesn't Boot (EFI BCD winload.exe winload.efi) [​IMG]

NOTE: There are two (2) Partition#1's. Both occupy the same sectors 2048 thru 264191.

What I found was the first onelisted was corrupt. (Do the QUICK SEARCH and then look at the files/folders ineach.The corrupt one will say it is defective)

I used TestDisk to mark the corruptone DELETED

Then wrote the results

[I also had to use another piece ofsoftware called VisualBCD
    Download Visual BCD

(also available via MajorGeeks,softpedia and cnet)

I use this to fi the BCD that I likely messed up in my prior efforts to fix my boot problem.

But the what was causing my 0xc00000e issue was the weirdadded partition and TestDisk fixed that.]

I happen to have a Disk ManagementScreenshot before the problems. Here is a before and after. It looksuntidy but it works 100%

NOTE - THIS IS A DUAL BOOTARRANGEMENT. Normally you'd have an EFI Partition also. (In my case the EFIPartition is on the Windows 7 Disk)

:)

TomIssaquah, Mar 19, 2017

2. Windows 10 Won't / Doesn't Boot (uEFI BCD winload.exe winload.efi Error 0xc000000e)

Had an unexpected issue and fix that I have found nowhere else. I need to pass it along and perhaps help others.

Windows 10 would not boot. Ultimately what I found was that the disk had some bogus partitions at the front end.

Winter storms caused a series of power failures which I suppose is the root of the problem. The initial issue was Windows freezing. I had used the usual tools; "sfc /scannow", "chkdsk C:", DISM. Even did an Upgrade Maintenance Install of Windows 10.
    It would get better for a while and then freeze again.

You had to hard boot (hold the power button down, or simply unplug) to get out of the Windows explorer.exe freezing. The multiple hard boot probably contributed to or cause the ultimate issue.

After a few days of the freezing and repeated hard boots - Windows 10 simply refused to boot. Tried everything I could find as suggestions to get it back:

• booting from recovery disk (or Install USB Disk)
      • Startup Repair
      • Command Prompt
        • "bootrec /rebuildbcd"
        • Bcdboot C:\Windows
    • booting from another OS (Win7 on another hard drive)
      • Command Prompt
        • sfc /scannow /offbootdir=d:\ /offwindir=d:\windows
    • An more that I won't enumerate here
    There is a free piece of software you can use to quickly check to see if this is your problem -TestDisk.exe

TestDisk Download - CGSecurity

Be aure to read their instructions here

TestDisk Step By Step - CGSecurity

My problem looked like this

NOTE: There are two (2) Partition #1's. Both occupy the same sectors 2048 thru 264191.

What I found was the first one listed was corrupt. (Do the QUICK SEARCH and then look at the files/folders in each)

I used TestDisk to mark the corrupt one DELETED

Then wrote the results

I also had to use another piece of software called VisualBCD

Download Visual BCD

(also available via MajorGeeks, softpedia and cnet)

But the basic problem was the weird added partition and TestDisk fixed that.

I happen to have a Disk Management Screenshot before the problems. Here is a before and after. It look untidy but it works 100%

NOTE - THIS IS A DUAL BOOT ARRANGEMENT. Normally you'd have an EFI Partition also. (In my case the EFI Partition is on the Windows 7 Disk)

IssaquahTom, Mar 19, 2017
  3. How to change my bootloader winload.efi to winload.exe, give me tutorial

I want to install dual boot windows, but due to my PC is EFI Mode unable to done.

please give me a tutorial to make my bootloader winload.efi -> to -> winload.exe

I'm on Windows 10 Tablet 10.1 inch CPU : Intel 4th Gen Atom Quad
    Core Processor 3735F

BirbrataRoy, Mar 19, 2017
Thema:

0xc000000e Win 10 Won't/Doesn't Boot (EFI BCD winload.exe winload.efi)

1. 0xc000000e Win 10 Won't/Doesn't Boot (EFI BCD winload.exe winload.efi) - Similar Threads - 0xc000000e Won't Doesn't

2. Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.: Bilgisayarımı sıfırlamaya çalışırken bu hatayı alıyorum. Her türlü yolu denedim, tüm videoları izledim ama hala sorunum aynı. Lütfen en kısa sürede yardımcı olur musunuz?...
  3. Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.: Bilgisayarımı sıfırlamaya çalışırken bu hatayı alıyorum. Her türlü yolu denedim, tüm videoları izledim ama hala sorunum aynı. Lütfen en kısa sürede yardımcı olur musunuz?...
  4. Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working: Hello,My HP is not starting up. I’ve received the ‘winload efi is missing or corrupt’. All the troubleshoot steps require me to go into startup settings but in order for me to do that, I have to press F8 however when I do press it my screen flashes and it doesn’t take me...
  6. Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working

Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working: Hello,My HP is not starting up. I’ve received the ‘winload efi is missing or corrupt’. All the troubleshoot steps require me to go into startup settings but in order for me to do that, I have to press F8 however when I do press it my screen flashes and it doesn’t take me...
  7. EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD

EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD: Hello Everyone.I was trying to boot into Windows 10 via USB, but I keep getting this error:Windows Boot Manager Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your...
  8. Winload exe. Unable to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Winload exe. Unable to boot: Hi. i am getting a blue screen containing this error when booting to os simalar to those in this thread...
  9. Windows boot winload efi error 0000e9

Windows boot winload efi error 0000e9: hi my acer swift ryzen laptop completly crashed the weekend with the winload efi error . ive gone into bios and disabled secure boot in uefi but no result . Ive managed to download windows 10 on usb drive and set it up in bios to boot from that drive however i still get the...
  10. Windows wont start error 185 in system32/winload. Efi

Windows wont start error 185 in system32/winload. Efi: Windows wont start i tried everything please help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-start-error-185-in-system32winload/d99e08e6-1320-48bd-abfd-803a8e97f80d