Windows 10: 0xc000000e "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired"

Discus and support 0xc000000e "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A few days ago after I bought a new powersupply and installed it. Together with a new GPU that I bought (previously not had a dedicated GPU). After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jippe-Jim, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Jippe-Jim Win User

0xc000000e "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired"

A few days ago after I bought a new powersupply and installed it. Together with a new GPU that I bought (previously not had a dedicated GPU). After taking the PSU out and installing the new one I came with this error message.

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error code: 0xc000000e

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

Press Enter to try again (Pressing Enter merely refreshes the screen (i.e. does nothing for me))

Press F8 for Startup Settings (Pressing F8 also merely refreshes the screen (i.e. does nothing for me))

I tried looking through some stuff in the BIOS menu, but my knowledge is minimal and I don't know what to do. I have both a HDD and a SSD, but in the BIOS I saw that my SSD is not found, though windows is installed on my HDD. I have an ASUS Z270F motherboard. Unfortunate I was dumb to forget making a recovery drive before hand. I tried opening the startup settings with F8 but that didnt seem to help. I'm sure everything is connected correctly, so I am completely lost.

:)

Jippe-Jim, Feb 19, 2019

2. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired Error Code 0xc000000e

Hi Naji,

The error code 0xc000000e that you are getting may be due to a corrupted software or a hardware failure on the computer. However, we need to perform some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this concern. Before we
    proceed, kindly answer the following:

• Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When did you notice this issue?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error code that you are getting?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Desiree Yau, Feb 19, 2019
  3. 0xc000000e "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired"

After being hounded continually to upgrade to Windows 10, I finally caved. I started the upgrade and went to bed. When I came back, the screen stated:

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error code: 0xc000000e

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

Press Enter to try again (Pressing Enter merely refreshes the screen (i.e. does nothing for me))

Press F8 for Startup Settings (Pressing F8 also merely refreshes the screen (i.e. does nothing for me))

Press F9 to use a different operating system (Pressing F9 also merely refreshes the screen (i.e. does nothing for me))

Okay, so the screen did not help me. I was in a do(-nothing) loop.

So, in trying to crowd source this I discovered that many others are having similar problems getting through the upgrade process, which provoked anger in me towards the Microsoft Corporation. I have tried following some of the advice I've read.

• I tried changing some of my BIOS settings:
      • Toggled fast boot
      • Changed the boot sequences and device
      • Reduced device initialization during boot to only keyboard and mouse
    • I tried unplugging all USB devices during boot
    • I booted from my old Windows 8 Pro disc and selected "Repair your computer." (The other option ("Install now") seemed a regressive nuclear option. I'd be going from 10 to 8 Pro and probably wipe other data on my SSD.) Selecting "Repair your computer"
      led me to a blank light blue screen background, which after fully five minutes of banishment to light blue nothingness gave me four options:
      • Continue, Exit and continue to Windows Rollback (This did not resolve the problem.)
      • Turn off your PC (Not tried, but not thought to be helpful.)
      • Use another operating system, Continue with another installed version of Windows (This did not resolve the problem.)
      • Troubleshoot, Refresh or reset your PC, or use advanced tools (which leads to more choices):
        • Refresh your PC, If your PC isn't running well, you can refresh it without losing your files. (Selecting this leads to the next screen, which indicates that files, personalization settings, and Windows Store Apps will be kept, but other apps will be removed
          and PC settings will be returned to their defaults. Clicking "Next" resulted in another 3 minutes of inactivity before being presented with 3 options):
          • Rollback
          • Windows 8.1 (I selected this, and after another 2 minutes, I was informed "The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again." The only option given is to "Cancel" (selected). Five minutes later, I returned to the 4 options
            in the original Repair screen.
          • Windows 10
        • Reset your PC, If you want to remove all of your files, you can reset your PC completely
        • Advanced options (gives 4 more options):
          • System Restore, Use a restore point recorded on your PC to restore Windows
          • Command Prompt, Use the Command Prompt for advanced troubleshooting
          • System Image Recovery, Recover Windows using a specific system image file
          • Automatic Repair, Fix problems that keep Windows from loading (Selected. 3 minutes later, got the same 3 options in the "Refresh your PC" menu. This time selecting Windows 8.1 led to a "Diagnosing your PC" wait screen...50 minutes later...Automatic Repair
            couldn't repair your PC, Press "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC or "Shut down" to turn off your PC. Log file: \System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

I have a ASUS Z84 motherboard, a SSD for my operating system, and a bad case of frustration. I'd appreciate finding a solution before I nuke and pave and lose my data.

frustratedwithwindows10upgrade, Feb 19, 2019
  4. John Zab Win User

0xc000000e

Hi Peter,

To assist you better with your concern regarding 0xc000000e, give us an idea on the following:

• Can you provide the steps Vijay gave you? if it's from Community, you may post the link.
    • When are you usually getting this messages?
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

1. 0xc000000e "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" - Similar Threads - 0xc000000e Device needs

2. 0xc000000e "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" and i know the problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc000000e "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" and i know the problem: HelloI´ve recently changed my motherboard, and since then my pc has been booting in the "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" - I´ve always just pressed escape to come to BIOS and then F10 and enter to save and exit, voila I'm on a working pc.Just today i had my ethernet...
  3. 0xc000000e "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" and i know the problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0xc000000e "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" and i know the problem: HelloI´ve recently changed my motherboard, and since then my pc has been booting in the "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" - I´ve always just pressed escape to come to BIOS and then F10 and enter to save and exit, voila I'm on a working pc.Just today i had my ethernet...
  4. 0xc000000e "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" and i know the problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired: After getting Windows 10 installed onto a usb flash drive by a friend and plugging it into my HP laptop, I still get the error code instead of it booting to the Windows 10 installation screen. It tells me I’ll need to use recovery tools, although the recovery tool is already...
  6. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired: Hello, I received an error code after running the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and was wondering what the issue could be. Feel free to ask an clarification questions. Thank you!RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repairedAn unexpected error has occurred.Error code:...
  7. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired: Hello, I received an error code after running the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and was wondering what the issue could be. Feel free to ask an clarification questions. Thank you!RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repairedAn unexpected error has occurred.Error code:...
  8. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired?: I recently updated my laptop to the latest version of Windows 10, and now when I attempt to boot it I get taken to a blue screen that says the following:"RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repairedFile: \WINDOWS\system32\winload.exeError code: 0xc0000225You'll need to use...
  9. Pc crashed. "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" code 0xc000000e. Pressing f8 or enter...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc crashed. "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" code 0xc000000e. Pressing f8 or enter...: I was playing some games on my computer when suddenly everything stopped responding and it crashed. I waited a few minutes but it wasnt a blue screen or anything else so I pressed the power button and shut the pc down. When I started up my pc again It gave me a blue screen...
  10. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.: Hi My laptop started booting & running slow after an update. It crashed into a blue screen and returned with ”no boot device found”. So I took out the SSD and startup was normal and I decided to fresh install Windows on the HDD but while trying to boot from the usb i got:...
Tags: