Windows 10: 0xc000000f Can't Open Safe Mode or Command Prompt Nothing in F8 Works,

Discus and support 0xc000000f Can't Open Safe Mode or Command Prompt Nothing in F8 Works, in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, when I boot up my computer I kindly get greeted with a blue screen with all the issue's 0xc000000f would usually have and if I go and press F8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TaylorzZz, May 20, 2020.

1. TaylorzZz Win User

0xc000000f Can't Open Safe Mode or Command Prompt Nothing in F8 Works,

Hello, when I boot up my computer I kindly get greeted with a blue screen with all the issue's 0xc000000f would usually have and if I go and press F8 and try any of the button's none of them work. Happily I own a USB with Windows 10 on it and I need to know how to use it without being able to open safe mode or command prompt or anything.

:)

TaylorzZz, May 20, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, May 20, 2020
  3. cwtech Win User

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, May 20, 2020
  4. Caring1 Win User

Command prompt is only accessible from the Administrative Profile, this is to prevent general users from accessing and bypassing controls.
    One method is to remove the drive and connect it to another system.

Caring1, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. 0xc000000f Can't Open Safe Mode or Command Prompt Nothing in F8 Works, - Similar Threads - 0xc000000f Can't Open

2. Get out of Command Prompt Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Get out of Command Prompt Safe Mode: Every time I would try to reset my PC it would send me to safe mode so I went to Troubleshooting and then Command Prompt. I did not have an admin account on this PC so now I am stuck on a page that says, "You need to sign in as an administator to continue, but there are't any...
  3. Dark mode not working on command prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark mode not working on command prompt: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/westo48 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4glnr/dark_mode_not_working_on_command_prompt/
  4. Enable F8 Safe Mode Boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable F8 Safe Mode Boot: How can I turn on this function, again? I have tried the following: bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy and bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes as per online searches. But, I get the following message: >>The set command specified is not valid. >>Run...
  5. Black screen with cursor - Not getting into safe mode only command prompt is working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor - Not getting into safe mode only command prompt is working: Hi All, I am stuck very badly, my system is not working at all, just shows black screen. things which i have tried already, i was able to see advanced option only when i tried restarting system for 3 times in a row, as it went into automatic repair mode, after i saw the...
  6. Can't open command prompt cmd.exe

Can't open command prompt cmd.exe: Hello everybody, I am unable to open cmd.exe command prompt since a few days and I'm worried it is malware or a virus. Bitdefender doesn't find anything unusual and I also ran Malwarebytes, but also negative. Also I tried running command prompt as administrator or via...
  7. Command prompt not opening

Command prompt not opening: Hi, I recently installed a windows 10 update and noe cmd.exe does not work. I hvae tried many different methods to open it but all that happens is a small window flashes up ont he screen for a split second then dissapears. any ideas? s8on...
  8. Command Prompt Not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Not Opening: Recently attempting to open Command prompt, ordinary or as administrator, it flashes for perhaps 2 seconds and then disappears. I tried the following commands sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth But none of these seem to work, I'm wondering if there...
  9. Reactivate F8 to boot safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Reactivate F8 to boot safe mode: I happened across this cmd.exe line while looking for a shortcut to open in safe mode: Code: bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy[/quote] . It worked. I found a startup menu and got to safe mode with network. One little problem: after trying it out I rebooted and...
  10. F8 - Safe Mode Won't Work on ASUS F555U Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    F8 - Safe Mode Won't Work on ASUS F555U Laptop: First off, if I've placed this post in the wrong sub-form in error, pls forgive me, and move it to proper one. I just couldn't figure out where a more suitable location would be. I've got an ASUS F555UA and for whatever reason I'm unable to get F8 - SafeMode to work. I...