Windows 10: 0xc000000f when booting straight from ssd - is it normal?

Discus and support 0xc000000f when booting straight from ssd - is it normal? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello forum, I've upgraded from w7 to w10 this morning and there's something I'm not very sure about. I've done a clean install from a usb drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arasu, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Arasu Win User

0xc000000f when booting straight from ssd - is it normal?

Hello forum, I've upgraded from w7 to w10 this morning and there's something I'm not very sure about.

I've done a clean install from a usb drive and everything works fine, but a new option has appeared on my boot sequence called "windows boot manager" and it's the only one that allows the os to be launched.

If I select my main drive as first boot device I get a 0xc000000f boot selection failed error. I googled around a bit and tried the command prompt in the installation repair menu to find out that bootrec /scanos doesn't detect any windows installations (this w10 is the only operating system on my machine).

Not sure whether this is normal or not, sometimes boot feels a bit slower but that might just be updates, configuration and similar stuff since it's a fresh install. Should I be worried or let it go as long as it works?
    Thanks a bunch

:)

Arasu, Jun 19, 2016
  2. Befe Win User

Win 10 boot access lost!

Have lost access with the following msg:EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD "the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible" error# 0xc000000f.

The installation disk (downloaded from MS previously) can read the file system on the SSD on which the (uppgraded to W10 from W7) installation reside(d?).

And ideas about how to retrieve the Win 10?

3. Dunegdh Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade (8.1 to 10) fails at copying files (23%)

I am having a very similar issue trying to upgrade from 8.1 to 10 on a Kingston 120GB SSD.

I have tried three times now (twice on a clean 8.1 install) with the same results: after copying files my laptop restarts and goes straight into attempting automatic repairs, diagnosing PC and sometimes shows a blue screen with error 0xc000000f or 0xc0000225.

I'm now giving it a last try and disconnecting all the hardware I can...

Dunegdh, Jun 19, 2016
Thema:

0xc000000f when booting straight from ssd - is it normal?

1. 0xc000000f when booting straight from ssd - is it normal? - Similar Threads - 0xc000000f booting straight

2. Boot error when booting from USB - 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot error when booting from USB - 0xc000000f: Hello all,I have a boot issue on my laptop.When trying to boot from a USB, which I have created on the MS site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10, then I receive the following error message"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change...
  3. Boot error when booting from USB - 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot error when booting from USB - 0xc000000f: Hello all,I have a boot issue on my laptop.When trying to boot from a USB, which I have created on the MS site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10, then I receive the following error message"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change...
  4. Boot error when booting from USB - 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. An unexpected error has occurred when booting with status 0xc000000f

An unexpected error has occurred when booting with status 0xc000000f: Yesterday, I installed Windows 10 Professional 64 bit into my new M.2 SSD. I can normally boot my desktop and use it without any problems. However, if I restart the desktop, the following screen will pop up. [IMG] It has no response whenever I press ESC. What I can do is...
  6. Boot error0xc000000e and 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot error0xc000000e and 0xc000000f: So i was having some keyboard issue,i tried clean installation using media creation tool and ended up with 0xc000000e error.now i tried it again but i can't because of the same error,so i tried fresh start from windows defender but it wasn't completed as after every restart...
  7. Can only boot windows in safe mode not normal mode error 0xc000000f

Can only boot windows in safe mode not normal mode error 0xc000000f: I posted about this earlier but this time I was able to get safe mode working but there's another issue now. I tried every solution in my other thread but they didn't work and now my pc randomly shutsdown this started happening today it even shutsdown before getting to the...
  8. Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed

Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed: Code: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1.Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer. 2.Choose your language settings, and then click "Next". 3.Click "Repair your computer." If you do not...
  9. Dual Boot, Error Code:0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot, Error Code:0xc000000f: Firstly may I apologise if I have submitted my problem in the incorrect Forum, my symptoms seem to spread across a couple of areas. I am operating a 1 TB drive with Windows 10 and 7 in a Dual Boot configuration on my desktop PC, the win 10 is an on-line downloaded upgrade...
  10. Boot straight to desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot straight to desktop?: HI Group, I'm wondering if anyone running build 9926 has found a way to Boot straight to desktop without any login prompts? Appreciate your help. Bob *Biggrin 3766
Tags: