Windows 10: 0xc0000020 error, black screen, windows reinstall

Discus and support 0xc0000020 error, black screen, windows reinstall in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello people, This error message popped up everytime I tried opening some application, after reading up I figured out it was probably due to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JaneKarth, Jan 19, 2019.

1. JaneKarth Win User

0xc0000020 error, black screen, windows reinstall

Hello people,

This error message popped up everytime I tried opening some application, after reading up I figured out it was probably due to an windows update,

Ran sfc / scannow on cmd, did a whole bunch of other cmds, tried uninstalling the application, tried uninstalling the windows update, nothing changed. Attaching a pic of the error: 0xc0000020 error,  black screen,  windows reinstall cb72fd3b-0e07-496f-8ecb-bdee4b900fd4?upload=true.jpg

Then I tried changing the corrupted dll file with another one in the file location and then tried reinstalling windows 10 with the option to keep my personal files.

The PC shutdown due to low battery im assuming while the installation was still in process, then when I turned it on the screen was black. I can login with my password but after that I see my background desktop image, my cursor loading when I bring to the taskbar but then it goes black with only my cursor present.

NOTE: I DOWNLOADED THE MEDIA CREATION TOOL, CREATED AND ISO FILE THEN MOUNTED ON THE DEVICE THEN I DID INSTALLATION PROCESS, just thought I should mention it.

Nearly there, bear with me please, again after reading up and watching some videos I tried changing the explorer.exe in the windowslogon registry, no use.

I'm getting a explorer. exe error, I'll attach a pic: 0xc0000020 error,  black screen,  windows reinstall 2a0ec482-36f7-48e0-a4b4-1fb5aadd3cde?upload=true.jpg Uninstalled all third party software, nothing changed, tried updating the display driver it was already updated. I can switch over to safe mode and use the files and stuff but the taskbar is not responsive.

I forgot to mention I tried the 'Reset this PC' option it went on till 29% then I see undoing changes with a msg saying that it was unable to reset it and no changes were made. I have no restore points, no backup (I know what you are thinking, not so clever right)

Completely frustrated with the whole thing, it's been days and I feel I carved a whole path for me to end up here, any proper help would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

:)

JaneKarth, Jan 19, 2019

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

1. 0xc0000020 error, black screen, windows reinstall - Similar Threads - 0xc0000020 error black

2. Error 0xc0000020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc0000020: I've had a couple of errors show up which are stopping me from being able to play games or open steam. I've searched almost everywhere for an answer but nothing works. C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntmarta.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an erro. Try...
  3. error code 0xc0000020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error code 0xc0000020: I recently updated my computer, upon doing so I cannot get onto Microsoft edge I keep receiving error code 0xc0000020. tried to uninstall and reinstall and restart computer but so far nothing has worked....
  4. error status 0xc0000020

in Windows 10 Customization
    error status 0xc0000020: how to resolve mistakes "win32bridge.server.exe - bad image" when the laptop is on, the message goes like this[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] is turned on, the message is like this...
  5. I've got the 0xc0000020 error message, reinstalled windows, and after that it still appears

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've got the 0xc0000020 error message, reinstalled windows, and after that it still appears: when I try to run games it says "atiumdva.dll was not designed for this version of Windows" or something. I read comments saying that I should reinstall Windows, I did, and nothing has changed. pls help submitted by /u/Ouija_spirit_69 [link] [comments]...
  6. Error 0xc0000020 Bad Image

Error 0xc0000020 Bad Image: Recently ive been having some programs stop working. IE: Battle.net.exe - Bad Image C:\\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msdmo.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your...
  7. Error 0xc0000020

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0xc0000020: Hello, so yesterday I started to get the Error 0xc0000020 when I would open Epic games, spotify or discord, and I thought it was just those programs, but later it started happening with all my programs and I got worried, -I desinstalled an antivirus that had infiltrated...
  8. i keep getting error 0xc0000020 error

i keep getting error 0xc0000020 error: I keep getting error 0xc0000020 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-error-0xc0000020-error/7854626c-15a1-4b8d-927f-d8bef7e23a38
  9. Error Status 0xc0000020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Status 0xc0000020: Recently i have not been able to open apps. Whenever i try to open some, for example spotify or onedrive, an error comes up saying "Bad image-C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\pdh.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using...
  10. error code 0xc0000020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error code 0xc0000020: I have recently bought a HP Stream Laptop 11-yoxx. With all the downloads that keep coming down for this piece of equipment we have been getting the error code as mentioned above. We understand the issue with GB holdings. However, we have placed an SD card big enough to...
Tags: