Windows 10: 0xc0000076

Discus and support 0xc0000076 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This error is a real problem for me and I am sure for a few others as well. I cannot open windows, can't download the the tool for the fix. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DorianLea, Aug 29, 2019.

1. DorianLea Win User

0xc0000076

This error is a real problem for me and I am sure for a few others as well. I cannot open windows, can't download the the tool for the fix.

I am able to run a diagnostic and hardware is fine. I am able to open the F1, F2 etc.... but cannot open Safe Mode, System restore, etc.... once I get there.

I believe this problem is a combo of a Windows 10 Update and Visual Studio.

I hope someone knows how to get around with this the fix. I appreciate any help I can get.

dorianlea

:)

DorianLea, Aug 29, 2019
  2. JohnGouws Win User

Bluetooth failure error message: 0xc0000076.

---Original Title: Bluetooth failure---

I am using a Toshiba Portege, and migrated to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Whenever I try to open the Bluetooth Assistant, I get sent to a Toshiba window which asks for permission to make changes. When I click on this I get the following error message:

0xc0000076.

The one Bluetooth device I have used throughout still works, but I can't access any others because of this error.

Please advise.

JohnGouws, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Win 10 update from 1703 to 1709.

Hi.

I'm having problems with the Win10 update from 1703 to 1709. After update apps and programs fail to open or work (mainly all Adobe CC suite) and I have to spend hours trying to find solutions to "VCRUNTIME140.dll" and "Win32API error 193" and "unable to
    start correctly (0xc0000076) error messages. I install, uninstall and reinstall apps, programs, vcredist_x64 files, vc_redist.x86 files, and more until I give up and roll back the update and restore Win10-1703. This has happened twice now on my main computer
    (spec below) which is a few years old and originally built with Win7, it runs great on Win10-1703. Win10-1709 runs great on my laptops but they are much newer computers built with Win10.

How can I STOP the Win10-1709 update on my main computer I've lost two days work trying to solve the problems and errors and I can't waste any more time, please help. Thank you.

Win10 Home 1703. OS Build 15063.850

Intel Core i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80Ghz

16Gb RAM. 64-bit OS.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

JamesEddleston, Aug 29, 2019
  4. 0xc0000076

CORRUPTED FILES AND JUST DOWNHILL FROM THERE...

WINDOWS 10 HOME VERSION 1703 *64 BIT

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC

Long story short:

I downloaded and extracted files on 7/25 via youtube for a software i wanted. After attempting to install it, I noticed I did not complete the download correctly. I decided to delete all the files and re-download again. I noticed one file specifically would
    NOT delete from the software, it was the EXE. file -I kept receiving a pop up that I would need administrative access. There is only one account on my HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC - which is my own, the owner, and it has always been a local account and is the
    only one I use. Then I would hold shift, right click, and then delete the file again, it would say "Access denied - You are not the owner" I tried to go in properties and change then owner and it still would not allow me. Then I began noticing a bunch of other
    files I was denied access to because I did not have permission. In a panic, I started changing ownership of anything that didn't have my account as owner in fear that I was begin hacked from the files I downloaded and extracted. I went back and tried to delete
    the file again, and file still would not delete. So I decided to do a restore point that was available right before I downloaded that software. After that finished, I was hopeful all the permissions and ownership went back to the status they were before and
    that the software .exe file woul have vanished, but they did not. After focusing on the file, I managed to delete in the interim, through unhidding windows files. But then every time I would reboot, I began receiving ACCELEROMETERST.EXE - THE APPLICATION
    WAS UNABLE TO START CORRECTLY (0XC0000076). CLICK OK TO CLOSE THE APPLICATION

I fixed that with HP 3D redownload. But then I began receiving: FILE SYSTEM ERROR (-2147220992) EXPLORER.EXE -Now the start button doesn't open nor the cortana unless I restart Windows Explorer through Task Manager and it only works once. The I have to restart
    again. I've done cmd admin health restore, reboots, power shell as admin, virus scan with my McAfee, full virus scan with windows defender, troubleshooters, sfc /scannow, nothing has worked. Everything says my system is fine.

And now I cannot download from the Windows Store, I was receiving error: 0x80070005 - I tried the troubleshooter and it said i must sign in with a Microsoft account to download. Which is weird because all the apps I have in my library were always downloaded
    through the MS App store and NOT logged in to this MS account, only as the local account. I didn't even know I had a MS account because I never tried to log in when it asked. So I found this account with my cell# and logged into MS Store again. I still got
    the same error and now the store tries to load and shuts down, and won't open. Also I noticed windows Shell and SearchUI are suspeneded at random times on their own in Task Manager/Details section. I'm not able to find them in the services menu to activate
    the. Before the MS store issue, the automatic Windows update installed: KB4025342 -All issues still exist. The Voice Recoder App doesn't work so I reset the app leading to the store issue. Also, Explorer randomly works and sometimes gives that file system
    pop up. And now the comp is super slow i notice in Task Manager over 95 background processes running when only 6 items are open. The Disk and CPU is almost always in the red now.

Oh and right before this I decided to post this, I was going to try and correct all ownerships by activating the built in Administrator through Powershell in order to fix the WindowsApps directory issue and if that didn't work, I was going to try and create
    a new account but I decided to try here before I got in any deeper.

Please provide an easy solution before it gets worse. I do not want to do another restore point because I'm afraid of losing app data and documents, media, file, i created after the next available restore point. Also, I want to know when this MS account
    was created, exact date and last time it was used. It has my info but I do not remember when I activated it. I've always used the local account.

Please help me!

Sincerely,

Lost in NYC w/ Jameson

Jameson Shotz, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

0xc0000076

1. 0xc0000076 - Similar Threads - 0xc0000076

2. 0xc0000076

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc0000076: Whenever I turn on my pc the windows boot manager appears. It doesn’t let me enter safe mode or anything like that. It just takes me back to that screen. It says "The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors" with the...
  3. 0xc0000076

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0xc0000076: Whenever I turn on my pc the windows boot manager appears. It doesn’t let me enter safe mode or anything like that. It just takes me back to that screen. It says "The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors" with the...
  4. 0xc0000076

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging