Windows 10: 0xc000007b BSOD on boot after Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade

Discus and support 0xc000007b BSOD on boot after Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just finished the upgrade from Windows 7 SP1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and immediately after the computer fires up, I receive the error code 0xc000007b... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mrbobdou1, Jan 11, 2021.

1. mrbobdou1 Win User

0xc000007b BSOD on boot after Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade

I just finished the upgrade from Windows 7 SP1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and immediately after the computer fires up, I receive the error code 0xc000007b and the blue screen.

I was able to get the computer up and running again via the "remove last windows feature" in the startup/repair options.

Now that I'm up and running, I couldn't find any minidumps on my C drive to further investigate what was going on.

Any suggestions where to look next? I'm back down to Windows 7, but it looks like there's a C:\$WINDOWS.~BT folder as well as C:\Windows\Panther that from some googling shows may contain helpful information regarding the upgrade.

I scanned all folders/logs for the error code 0xc000007b and nothing turned up.

I would like to attempt the upgrade again, but if there's something I can uninstall or do ahead of time, I'd love to do that first.

I'm running an ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE motherboard, which isn't "officially" supported under Windows 10, but it sounds like folks have been able to get it working.

I've gone through all the Windows 7 updates, as well as updated the BIOS for my motherboard.

:)

mrbobdou1, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Marc49 Win User
    BSOD and 0xc000007b boot error

I'm having an almost identical problem, but I cannot even reach a command prompt. This has been a stable system until this morning, now the BSOD shows that \Windows\System32\Drivers\aswVmm.sys (part of Avast Internet Security) is causing the 0xc000007b boot error... Doesn't seem to be any way around it that I've been able to find. Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Marc49, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

1. 0xc000007b BSOD on boot after Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - 0xc000007b BSOD boot

2. Bsod and 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod and 0xc000007b: My computer has been running smoothly and nothing was wrong with it but it suddenly turned to a blue screen of death with 0xc000007b error code and i cant move m curser and my keyboard was doing nothing. Is there a solution to this? Thank you...
  3. Windows 10 BSOD during boot after Windows 7-10 upgrade

Windows 10 BSOD during boot after Windows 7-10 upgrade: Hello Microsoft Community and Technical Support!, my name is Gabriel Granados and I have an Windows 10 problem I want to resolve and here is the story: Originally I had Windows 7 Ultimate and decided to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool software...
  4. Boot Loop code 0xc000007B Windows 10

Boot Loop code 0xc000007B Windows 10: Just the other day I went down to my computer and it was stuck on a screen saying there was a problem with the code 0xc000007B. I restarted and went tried to fix start up repair many times to no avail, and also to advance options. I've tried in the cmd prompt checkdisk as...
  5. BSOD and 0xc000007b boot error

BSOD and 0xc000007b boot error: I'm having an almost identical problem, but I cannot even reach a command prompt. This has been a stable system until this morning, now the BSOD shows that \Windows\System32\Drivers\aswVmm.sys (part of Avast Internet Security) is causing the 0xc000007b boot error... Doesn't...
  6. BSOD on boot after upgrade from Windows 7

BSOD on boot after upgrade from Windows 7: After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro i get various BSOD on boot. usually i need 2-4 attempts to boot into login mask. very rarely i have a BSOD some seconds after login. power on after sleep or hibernate works well, so this problem occurs after windows updates. within windows 7...
  7. BSOD after upgrade from Windows 7. Cannot Boot.

BSOD after upgrade from Windows 7. Cannot Boot.: I cannot start Windows my laptop. I can get into safe mode. I've tried to system restore and clean boot. I have tried verifier which gives the error iastor.sys Attached are the zip files. Please help. Thanks. Attachment 36303 21625
  8. 0xc000007b Blue Screen. Windows 10 Wont Boot

0xc000007b Blue Screen. Windows 10 Wont Boot: Hey Im new to this forum as I have a problem with my PC! I turned on my pc this morning and and it came up with the Blue Screen " Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart". Error code 0xc000007b. It then takes me to automatic repair. I go to advanced options....
  9. BSODs on boot up after upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

BSODs on boot up after upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Have installed Windows 10 Pro today, after rebooting I encountered a BSOD, the PC then rebooted itself and another BSOD occurred. This happened two more times and then I booted in safe mode. I have attached the mini dump files, I have not included the MEMORY.DMP file at...
  10. Boot fails with error 0xc000007b after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot fails with error 0xc000007b after Windows Update: I have a dual-boot system with Ubuntu 14.04.3 & Windows 10. Since my video cards died a while ago I’ve not been using Windows much, but a couple of months ago I started up Windows to let it run some updates. After the obligatory reboot it just went into a loop of booting,...
Tags: