Windows 10: 0xc000007b error at GTA V and Rockstar launcher startup

Discus and support 0xc000007b error at GTA V and Rockstar launcher startup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Yesterday I decided to download GTA V via Epic Games, it was free and my computer should have the requirements needed to run the game. After I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chriskrazzz, May 19, 2020.

1. 0xc000007b error at GTA V and Rockstar launcher startup

Yesterday I decided to download GTA V via Epic Games, it was free and my computer should have the requirements needed to run the game. After I installed the game, I downloaded the Rockstar Games Launcher. When I launched the installer and started installing it, however, it gave me two different errors, repeating a couple times before they went away.

They errors said I was missing 'MSVCP140.dll' and 'VCRUNTIME140.dll'. I looked these up on the internet and it said I needed to download those files from the database and, because I have a Windows 10, put them in my system32 folder and my SysWOW64 folder. They were already in the SysWOW64 folder so I only put them in the system32 folder.

When I tried to lauch the Rockstar Launcher it still didn't work, now it said error 0xc000007b and that I had to close the laucnher by pressing 'ok'. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the launcher, but it didn't work. Even while uninstalling and reinstalling the Launcher it displayed the 0xc000007b error message three times I didn't have to terminate the installer this time though.

I looked possible solutions up on the internet. The EpicGames troubleshooting guide said I should try reinstalling the game and the EpicGames launcher, neither worked. A problem most commenly found when the 0xc000007b error code shows up while trying to play GTA V is that D3DX9.dll is missing or damaged, I replaced the one in SysWOW64 and added it to system32, but it didn't help. I tried using dxwebsetup.exe, but it wouldn't reinstall because I had the same or a newer version as the one it tried to install. There were a lot more things suggested, but trying them al and possibly doing more harm than good was not something I wanted to do.

This is why I decided to reach out here. Is there something that I tried, that should have fixed it, but that I did wrong, or do I need to do something else to fix this problem?

Note: This is the first time I have encountered this problem. Other games on my computer, like The Sims 4, Hearts of Iron 4, Portal 2 and Stellaris run perfectly fine.

:)

Chriskrazzz, May 19, 2020

2. Does GTA V from Rockstar run on Windows 10 ?

Does GTA V from Rockstar run on Windows 10 ? If not, where and how can I buy online key code for Windows 8.1 (secured) ?

TX

Original title> GTA V

DirkStragier, May 19, 2020
  3. Groggubus Win User
    Rockstar Launcher creating sync error in onedrive

Hi, i hope someone smarter than myself is able to figure this out.

I installed rockstars launcher than comes with GTA V and the upcoming pc release of RDR2.

However, as it apparently installs into the c:/users/documents folder, im getting consistent errors that because rockstar is running, i cannot sync the onedrive files.

Ill attach a photo.

its obviously a permissions error, i just dont know how to solve it. I did try unselecting the sync of the rockstar folder, but it automatically reselected it on a PC restart.

Any ideas?

Winver 1903 OS Build 18362.418

Groggubus, May 19, 2020
  4. 0xc000007b error at GTA V and Rockstar launcher startup

GTA V has stopped working

Code: 107 (LAUNCHER_ERR_GAME_CRASHED) Rockstar Support

GTA V - Launcher Crash - Code 107 and 255 (ff) Rockstar Support

What other programs are you running on startup as these may be crashing it ?

Also on Win10 GTAV requires the use of Net Framework 3.0 & 2.0 if you you know how to switch it on

Got To : Control Panel / Programs & Features / Turn Windows Programs On & Off - then tickbox Net Framework 3.0 & download all files.

You may need to verify the GTAV game data ?

Did you not re-download GTAV upon the win10pro install ? you may have an out of date download of gtav ?

RoadBlaster, May 19, 2020
Thema:

0xc000007b error at GTA V and Rockstar launcher startup

1. 0xc000007b error at GTA V and Rockstar launcher startup - Similar Threads - 0xc000007b error GTA

2. Fix Rockstar Games Launcher Error Code 7002.1 with GTA 5 and RDR 2

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Rockstar Games Launcher Error Code 7002.1 with GTA 5 and RDR 2: [ATTACH]Are you experiencing error code 7002.1 on Rockstar Games Launcher? A lot of Rockstar games players have reported of being experiencing error code 7002.1 when launching certain games on Rockstar Games Launcher. This error code has occurred with Rockstar games including...
  3. 0xc0000007b Error - GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc0000007b Error - GTA V: I already made a ticket for Rockstar and Epic Games - They referred me to here as I didn't fix the problem. I am still getting the same error. What can I do to fix this?I have tried re-installing the game and its launcher....
  4. GTA V ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GTA V ERROR: I tried all the ways possibile,but my game keeps saying the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000007b. Click OK to close applicatonPlease help me i just got the game...
  5. Epic Games launcher- 0xc000007b error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Epic Games launcher- 0xc000007b error: Hello, I wanted to play fortnite with friends but i got a Error 0xc000007bscreen1. How can i solve it? Also I got similar problem when I tried playing apex legends yesterday. [ATTACH] Thanks, Grzegorz...
  6. Reinstall GTA V at Rockstar installed at EPIC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall GTA V at Rockstar installed at EPIC?: As you can imagine, I would like to know if it is possible that GTA that I installed at Rockstargames can also be started via EPIC without installing it there. Thanks in advance. GTA V bei Rockstar installiert bei EPIC erneut installieren?
  7. GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V: A few days ago i downloaded GTA V for free from Epic Games. After installing the game, it automatically downloads Rockstar Games Launcher. When I launched it, it tells me to sign in or make an account, so i made one and then it proceeds to the launcher. At first I didn't get...
  8. gta v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gta v: sir....... excuse me if i written something wrong because i cant speak English very well last week i downloaded gta v rebak but it cant play very well because it have a shutter and lag i play it offline but she is slow that my computer info and graphic is intel...
  9. Rockstar Launcher creating sync error in onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rockstar Launcher creating sync error in onedrive: Hi, i hope someone smarter than myself is able to figure this out. I installed rockstars launcher than comes with GTA V and the upcoming pc release of RDR2. However, as it apparently installs into the c:/users/documents folder, im getting consistent errors that because...
  10. GTA V Crash on startup, ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V Crash on startup, ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT: My computer is running Windows 10, Intel quad-core i5-6500 CPU processor running @3.20GHz, 8GB of RAM, and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB*graphics card. * For about a month now,*GTA V*has been crashing during loading. At first, it was just after the selection screen...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xc000007b rockstar games