Windows 10: 0xc000007b error when trying to open certain apps. Struggling to fix it for the past few months

Discus and support 0xc000007b error when trying to open certain apps. Struggling to fix it for the past few months in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried everything I could find online. I tried reinstalling .NET Framework, I tried reinstalling the apps, I tried the reset windows without losing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WrgY, Aug 2, 2021.

1. WrgY Win User

0xc000007b error when trying to open certain apps. Struggling to fix it for the past few months

I tried everything I could find online. I tried reinstalling .NET Framework, I tried reinstalling the apps, I tried the reset windows without losing applications or settings and even reinstalling DirectX.I can't fix it. I need help.

:)

WrgY, Aug 2, 2021
  2. falcon Win User

0xc000007b Error

Same problem here, tried all the solutions i found on the web about the issue on previous OS but nothing... that error persist on every game or app that uses .net framework or directX...

I updated from 8.1 to 10
    Running on an Asus A55VD

I updated nvidia drivers to the latest for w10, too.
    I tried to start the issued applications with HD4000 or Nvidia, it didn't worked both ways.

falcon, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Kafreses Win User
    0xc000007b Error

I upgraded to Windows 10 today with no major issues. However, I have been receiving the 0xc000007b error for ColorUService and APSDaemon.exe at start up. I receive the same error when launching Origin from EA Games and any related game.

I talked to the techs at EA Games and they suggested using CCleaner prior to uninstalling Origin with Rivo Uninstaller. At this point I downloaded a fresh copy of Origin. The installation failed because the 0xc000007b error popped up.

I looked in several webpages concerning the error. The suggested fixes were for Windows 7/8/8.1. The ones I tried did not work.

My email program did not work correctly. I fixed this by downloading Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4

I have a Asus laptop, N750JK, with Windows 10 installed, Invidia GForce 850M, 16 GB Ram.

Is there a fix for the 0xc000007b error for Windows 10?

Kafreses, Aug 2, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

0xc000007b error when trying to open certain apps. Struggling to fix it for the past few months

Portable apps crashing? Opera and Potplayer giving 0xc000007b error

Hi, you may well be right.. I don't recall seeing reports here on portable apps, but I don't read all the threads of course.

You could check your Reliability History (Reli in search field) and click the relevant red x to see if there's more info.

The error number was reported here- might suggest a clue:
    0xc000007b Error Solved - Windows 10 Forums

and note the reference to Visual C++ here:
    The Application was Unable to Start Correctly (0xc000007b) [FIXED] - Driver Easy

dalchina, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

1. 0xc000007b error when trying to open certain apps. Struggling to fix it for the past few months - Similar Threads - 0xc000007b error trying

2. Having a lot of issues for past few months!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a lot of issues for past few months!: Windows was unable to install updates of December so I was waiting for the January Update and now there are two updates to install and it still not installing updates. Tried restarting the PC, Troubleshooting, and it shows "Check for Windows Update issues" "detected" under "...
  3. Having a lot of issues for past few months!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having a lot of issues for past few months!: Windows was unable to install updates of December so I was waiting for the January Update and now there are two updates to install and it still not installing updates. Tried restarting the PC, Troubleshooting, and it shows "Check for Windows Update issues" "detected" under "...
  4. 0xc000007b error fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc000007b error fix: When attempting to run a game Dying Light 2, Sherlock Holmes the devils daughter error 0xc000007b pops up but not on all games on my pc such as AC Odyssey D Drives or The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt NXT Gen Update run fine. Please Help GTX 3050...
  5. Encountered this error a few months and tried all possible fix in this issue but none of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Encountered this error a few months and tried all possible fix in this issue but none of...: I've been looking for a solution in this error in my computer but none of them worked and I've encountered this issue 2 or 3 months ago and I don't actually know what does this mean but my computer's internet connection is great and I don't experience any connection problem...
  6. Unable to fix 0xc000007b error Tried everything...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to fix 0xc000007b error Tried everything...: I have been trying to fix this issue for a very long time now but I am unable to do so even after a month worth of research and trials. I have gone through almost all of the forums and videos of up to 5 pages of google search which I have done plenty of. These are some of the...
  7. how to fix error 0xc000007b?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to fix error 0xc000007b?: help I keep getting this error I updated directx, visual c++, etc but it still don't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-error-0xc000007b/6ea145f3-0d3c-41cb-bc0e-a278b94c1679
  8. Error 0xc000007b when opening Epic Games Launcher

Error 0xc000007b when opening Epic Games Launcher: Hello, I have recently installed the Epic Games Launcher and every time I open it I get a popup with "Application error - The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b". I have tried everything like reinstalling DirectX, reinstalling .NET core, reinstalling Visual...
  9. Numerous issues over the past few months

Numerous issues over the past few months: I have a custom built PC that I've had for about three years, but over the past few months I've been getting strange BSOD's. When I leave my PC turned off for a few hours, the first time I boot it up it will crash after a completely random period of time. After it restarts,...
  10. Receiving frequent BSODs in the past few months

Receiving frequent BSODs in the past few months: Hello all. Since around the middle of October, I have suddenly been receiving BSODs, mostly DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, or IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have collected the necessary files and will upload them, with one caveat - I cleaned out the dump files a week or...