Windows 10: 0xc0000098 Problem on PC

Discus and support 0xc0000098 Problem on PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Im having a problem with my PC. There was a power outage a few hours ago, and when I tried to boot up my pc. It gave me the following error.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EternalShadowz6, Jul 19, 2020.

1. 0xc0000098 Problem on PC

Hello, Im having a problem with my PC. There was a power outage a few hours ago, and when I tried to boot up my pc. It gave me the following error. 0xc0000098. I've created the recovery material as suggested, but whenever I go to boot them. The screen stays there for a while, and then it reboots. I don't even get to see the Windows installation screen at all. Please help.

The provided Bios is this

Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
    Windows 10

If there are any pictures needed. I will provide it.

:)

EternalShadowz6, Jul 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 0xc0000098 error

Hi,

0xc0000098 is caused by an incomplete or corrupt configuration in the BCD registry hive. To help get the best solution to your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions below:

• Are you experiencing the blue screen error during boot up?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer before the issue started?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're able to boot up your computer, we suggest following the steps on this
    link
    to help resolve blue screen errors.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Jul 19, 2020
  3. H.Modh Win User
    Need help to resolve Windows 10 Error Code: 0xc0000098 (your PC/Device needs to repaired)

I recently moved to windows 10 from windows 7.
    Once I restarted my PC, it was stuck to Operating System Not Found.

Then I used bootable USB to repair a laptop.

On the first go, I tried below steps.

1. Enabled External Boot Device in boot setting menu
    2. Completed language setting
    3. Clicked on Repair your computer which is just below Install Now option
    4. Opted for Troubleshoot option
    5. Went to Advanced options
    6. Clicked on Startup Repair

After all the above steps, it just stuck to a blue page mentioning Error Code: 0xc0000098

Now every time I try to repair a laptop using a bootable USB, it always stuck to this blue page. I have posted a video having this problem .

H.Modh, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

0xc0000098 Problem on PC

error code: 0xc0000098

Hi,

The the 0xc0000098 error can appear due to a corrupted BCD (Boot Configuration Data) file. This can be due to a change in the hardware. There is also a possibility that Windows files or the hard drive was damaged on some cases. In this case, we suggest to boot
    from windows 10 installation disc and kindly follow the steps provided by
    Teemo Tang
    on this
    link

Should you have further concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

0xc0000098 Problem on PC

1. 0xc0000098 Problem on PC - Similar Threads - 0xc0000098 Problem

2. Windows error 0xc0000098 File/windows/system32/ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows error 0xc0000098 File/windows/system32/ntoskrnl.exe: As I stated in the title for some reason my computer does not want to boot It stays in a loop of this unending torture. My computer was working fine yesterday. I changed the motherboard a few weeks ago I don’t know if that is the problem anyway please help. I've tried every...
  3. Windows error 0xc0000098 File/windows/system32/ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows error 0xc0000098 File/windows/system32/ntoskrnl.exe: As I stated in the title for some reason my computer does not want to boot It stays in a loop of this unending torture. My computer was working fine yesterday. I changed the motherboard a few weeks ago I don’t know if that is the problem anyway please help. I've tried every...
  4. iaStorAfs.sys file is missing, and i can't start windows, error code 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    iaStorAfs.sys file is missing, and i can't start windows, error code 0xc0000098: Hello, I hope you can help me, a few days ago I wanted to reinstall my hp laptop 15-dw3000 through a USB, I deleted all the partitons using the installation wizard, I created them again, with 2 main disks, one where the Windows, and the other the remaining space, apart from...
  5. iaStorAfs.sys file is missing, and i can't start windows, error code 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iaStorAfs.sys file is missing, and i can't start windows, error code 0xc0000098: Hello, I hope you can help me, a few days ago I wanted to reinstall my hp laptop 15-dw3000 through a USB, I deleted all the partitons using the installation wizard, I created them again, with 2 main disks, one where the Windows, and the other the remaining space, apart from...
  6. Hi I have a problem, 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi I have a problem, 0xc0000098: Ok, so I have to manage set my SSD M2 as C, after I finally find drivers for it by Intel. At first it was USB what was with letter C, so ok I manage to get drivers and install and this happend. So I said ok, going for another install, than again. So I need help like badly...
  7. Hi I have a problem, 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi I have a problem, 0xc0000098: Ok, so I have to manage set my SSD M2 as C, after I finally find drivers for it by Intel. At first it was USB what was with letter C, so ok I manage to get drivers and install and this happend. So I said ok, going for another install, than again. So I need help like badly...
  8. Hi I have a problem, 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. 0xc0000098 Problem on PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    0xc0000098 Problem on PC: Hello, Im having a problem with my PC. There was a power outage a few hours ago, and when I tried to boot up my pc. It gave me the following error. 0xc0000098. I've created the recovery material as suggested, but whenever I go to boot them. The screen stays there for a while,...
  10. Boot up problems: ntoskrnl.exe - error 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot up problems: ntoskrnl.exe - error 0xc0000098: Hi guys, Im having problems booting up my pc. It displays the image seen in this imgur album: Tenforums startupproblems (2 pictures, also I cant get the link to be clickable, Sorry). It tells me about ntoskrnl.exe and error code 0xc0000098. As mentioned in the...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 0xc000098 /BCD