Windows 10: 0xc00000f black screen since latest updates/ can't access safe mode

Discus and support 0xc00000f black screen since latest updates/ can't access safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is on my Dell e5570 laptop win10 pro 64 bit, version unknown right now, but whatever the latest is. Everything was working fine and installed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mg8t7gn, May 5, 2021.

1. mg8t7gn Win User

0xc00000f black screen since latest updates/ can't access safe mode

This is on my Dell e5570 laptop win10 pro 64 bit, version unknown right now, but whatever the latest is. Everything was working fine and installed the latest recommended updates. On reboot, I now get this message. I did the F12 button and ran diagnostics but says all is ok. I did the power on/power off 3 times routine and still come to this screen and can not get into safe mode. how do I get into safe mode or recovery or system restore? Thanks. Mark

:)

mg8t7gn, May 5, 2021
  2. mg8t7gn Win User

This is on my Dell e5570 laptop win10 pro 64 bit, version unknown right now, but whatever the latest is. Everything was working fine and installed the latest recommended updates. On reboot, I now get this message. I did the F12 button and ran diagnostics but says all is ok. I did the power on/power off 3 times routine and still come to this screen and can not get into safe mode. how do I get into safe mode or recovery or system restore? Thanks.
    Mark

mg8t7gn, May 5, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Black screen after latest update

Hi,

Your Windows 10 may have encountered a corrupted component after the update that caused this issue. For us to help you correct this, we'd like to know more information about your issue. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you able to access Safe Mode without a black screen?
    • Have you tried to perform a clean boot?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, May 5, 2021
  4. mmbabs Win User

Black screen after latest update, can't get into safe mode

Hello dalchina, thanks for the reply.

I've downloaded Kyhi's boost USB drive and I'm able to get onto the version of Win 10. What results would you like me to post from HDTune? Benchmark, health, error scan, all of these? I tried downloading Hard Disk Sentinel, however I get system errors while trying to start the program. The first is missing icmp.dll and the other is bad referenced memory.

0xc00000f black screen since latest updates/ can't access safe mode [​IMG]

While looking online at what missing icmp.dll is, I found a page saying that it could be an invalid or corrupt registry entry, or a virus/malware infection. When I ran Malwarebyte, I found a few threats aswell.

I'm running tests on HD Tune and Ill post the images once it's all done.

mmbabs, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. 0xc00000f black screen since latest updates/ can't access safe mode - Similar Threads - 0xc00000f black screen

2. Black screen in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen in safe mode.: Hello everyone, I tried to reset my PC thru the settings, and I got the message 'The ProfSvc service failed to sign-in/User profile cannot be loaded' when I tried to log in to my PC after the reset. Then I tried to boot it into safe mode, but I got a black screen. After that,...
  3. Black screen in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen in safe mode.: Hello everyone, I tried to reset my PC thru the settings, and I got the message 'The ProfSvc service failed to sign-in/User profile cannot be loaded' when I tried to log in to my PC after the reset. Then I tried to boot it into safe mode, but I got a black screen. After that,...
  4. Black screen in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Blue screen following latest update. Can't access windows or safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue screen following latest update. Can't access windows or safe mode: Hello, last night I updated my PC before shutting down after waiting a day or two to do so, and during the update process, windows went into the blue screen with an error message reading: your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you."The stop...
  6. Black screen and can't access safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and can't access safe mode: Hey guys, I've been black screening before signing in and was hoping you guys could help me out. I've tried accessing safe mode but it still just black screens. Thanks in advance....
  7. Black screen in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen in Safe Mode: Hello, I'm using Windows 10. I wanted to go to Safe Mode to solve some issues with Discord. I did so by pressing Restart while holding the Shift Key. The description says I should see a list with startup options. Instead, the screen is black and the monitor receives no...
  8. Black screen after latest update, can't get into safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after latest update, can't get into safe mode: Hi everyone, My desktop with Windows 10 stopped booting up a few days ago, I updated it and it booted up properly the first time. The computer was then taking forever to shut down so I force shut it off by holding the power button, and now I get the black screen after...
  9. safe mode black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    safe mode black screen: Check your nearby greenback store, craft shop or garden center for little, decorative rocks to scatter on tables. It is apparent that the 104 LED cord on a waist higher shrub will lose the shrub in the midst of the lights. As we move towards a greener environment, the...
  10. safe mode black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    safe mode black screen: so yesterday I noticed that there was some sort of malware file popping up on my pc, so I decided to run msconfig to start the computer in safe mode and run malwarebytes to remove the malware. my computer restarted and the lights on the tower turned on just like normal,...