Windows 10: 0xc00000f but i can still boot computer

Discus and support 0xc00000f but i can still boot computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i keep getting 0xc00000f. I can be playing games for hours and sometimes its fine - Other games i get a horrible noise and my PC crashes once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NathanMitchell3, Mar 21, 2020.

1. 0xc00000f but i can still boot computer

So i keep getting 0xc00000f.

I can be playing games for hours and sometimes its fine - Other games i get a horrible noise and my PC crashes once started back up i get the 0xc00000f error Code. It also seems to do it ALOT more when i have left my pc idle and come back to it.

The only way i am getting around being able to boot back up is Going into the BIOS once getting the blue screen and manually selecting my SSD in the boot options? Every now and then my Boot priority seem to change and i cant get my head around it.

I have tried everything i have seen on the internet from in commant promt like /Scannow followed them steps, no luck and have also tried putting windows on a USB then using the repair option, going into Command prompt as start up repair doesnt work and doing the Bootrec /fixmbr bootrec /fixboot never seems to work on this step unable to locate or whatever. Tried the attrib C:\boot\bcd -h -r -s doesnt seem to work system cannot find the file specified ETC.

This seems to have happend since i took my PC to the shop to install a new ssd with windows on. Another thing that doesnt seem to make sense is when i use bootrec /rebuildbcd it says its successful total identified windows installations :1 but says D:\Windows

my windows is on my SSD :C Drive not D thats my hardrive. Either way when i press Y to add installation to boot list it doesnt work. PLEASE HELP IM AT THE END OF THE ROAD.

i have even tried the option Fresh start. that didnt work ? is this the same as a fresh install of windows considering it reinstalls or not.

Im literally thinking of getting a new Mboard and SSD at this point im not clued up enough and cant be ****. For the record. my CPU is fine i got a new one since this has been happening. Ran the Mem test and ram seems fine re seated anyway HD has been re formatted recently but eitherway i used a second hand HD and was still getting the blue screen.

:)

NathanMitchell3, Mar 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 not booting - 0xC00000f

Help! I have a Toshiba with Windows 10 that is not booting. Giving a stop code of 0xC00000f.

I have tried the simple stuff like resetting the Windows 10 install and it got about 30% of the way through and failed. I also have tried fixing the MBR by running the following commands:

"x:\windows\system32>bootrec /fixmbr"

"x:\windows\system32>bootrec /fixboot"

However, when I try the "/fixboot" command I get the following error: "The volume does not contain a recognized file system"

I am looking for original installation media but I am not sure I have it on hand. Any suggestions?

MikeDeBlaay, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Missing driver BSOD [0xc00000f] when booting into safe mode

Hi,

It is possible that you received the error code 0xc00000f due to corrupted system files after the update. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    forum article on how to perform an in-place upgrade to
    repair Windows.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 21, 2020
  4. 0xc00000f but i can still boot computer

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

0xc00000f but i can still boot computer

1. 0xc00000f but i can still boot computer - Similar Threads - 0xc00000f still boot

2. Error Code 0xc00000f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0xc00000f: I attempted to turn on my PC for the first time in 6 months and upon turning it on, I get the error code 0xc00000f. I can't get into BIOS setup at all and I've tried making sure my ram was clicked in properly and I still receive this error and that the PC couldn't find a hard...
  3. Keep getting BSOD 0xc00000f Boot file is missing or corrupted but I can boot after a CMOS...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep getting BSOD 0xc00000f Boot file is missing or corrupted but I can boot after a CMOS...: I am having a problem that whenever I try to boot my system up after shut down, I get a BSOD with error code 0xc00000f. I can then reset the CMOS by using the jumper pins provided on the motherboard, after the POST, the pc boots back up to Windows 10 normally like nothing...
  4. efi microsoft boot bcd 0xc00000f error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    efi microsoft boot bcd 0xc00000f error: Hello, Looks like I messed up very bad. While playing a game my computer got crashed and then I checked some youtube tutorials to fix the same and end up on "efi microsoft boot bcd 0xc00000f" error. Then I didn't get any solution so I decided to format my computer, so I...
  5. Error Code 0xc00000f

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error Code 0xc00000f: My computer failed to boot up this morning, giving me an Error Code: 0xc00000f I downloaded Windows 10 installation files onto a flash drive, as instructed, and used that to reinstall Windows 10. Now, I was following a tutorial that instructed me to go to the command prompt...
  6. How to fix 0xc00000f error? I am receiving this screen on starting my computer. I have...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix 0xc00000f error? I am receiving this screen on starting my computer. I have...: [IMG]I am receiving this screen on starting my computer. I have tried Support AssistOS Recovery but nothing happened. Error code 0xc00000f. Please help....
  7. Error Code 0xc00000f on startup.

Error Code 0xc00000f on startup.: Last night I updated my laptop and then turned off the charger. The laptop must've automatically hibernated or something, because when I powered on my laptop, it was undoing changes. I lost my patience and decided to power off the laptop. I did this a few times until every...
  8. error code 0xc00000f

error code 0xc00000f: I had error code 0xc00000f on my Toshiba satellite laptop. Using the instructions on https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?79531-Error-code-0xc000000F-while-system-recovery I tried to fix my computer. Now I just have a blackscreen when I turn it on. Very frustrating...
  9. 0xc00000f fixes not working

0xc00000f fixes not working: One day I tryed to boot my computer and got a 0xc00000f error. I looked up many guides online, and most of them asked me to run Bootrec, however, only one of the four operations works, ScanOs. The first two get an "I/O error" and the last one can't find the system. I've tried...
  10. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED / error 0xc00000f Loop

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED / error 0xc00000f Loop: I have a Lenovo y50 gaming Laptop with Win 10 Home Premium 64-bit. The issue all started when my laptop was acting very slow, so I performed a shutdown. But when I powered it back up, I got to the blue CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED screen, and it began a loop restarting and...
Tags: