Windows 10: 0xc000014c error, made recovery drive USB now what??

Discus and support 0xc000014c error, made recovery drive USB now what?? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Old computer finally kicked the bucket, got 0xc000014c error codeBought a new computer as needed one anyway, made a recovery drive on a USBI need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NowViewing, Jun 20, 2021.

1. 0xc000014c error, made recovery drive USB now what??

Old computer finally kicked the bucket, got 0xc000014c error codeBought a new computer as needed one anyway, made a recovery drive on a USBI need to get my files from my old computerI’ve inserted the USB and started the old computer up and still the same screen, what do I do from here??

:)

NowViewing, Jun 20, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

USB Recovery

Hi Janie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • How are you creating the recovery USB?

However, you can follow the steps from Create a recovery drive
    to create a recovery drive.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 20, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Recovery, your PC needs to be repaired

There are advantages / disadvantages or pro and con of each method.

The boot fix method that NavyLDCR suggested using Macrium is excellent for boot repair. If there is an operating system, registry, drive file system, etc. problem this method does not fix them and additional methods are needed.

Kyhi boot rescue is also excellent in that you have a menu of tests that can be performed on an unbootable system.
    For example you could test the drive with HD Tune, Sea Tools, etc.

The windows advanced troubleshooting menu takes more steps than the others. It can fix boot, operating system, some registry problems, problems with updates, drive files system, etc. You get to see the command and the response to the command and then decide the next step.

So there are tools in the tools box and some of them can be used to troubleshoot and fix problems.
    Many of the steps are going to be trial and error.
    The error messages or codes or the response to each command can then lead to the next troubleshooting step.

There is no one fix method for 0xc000014c
    This link displays methods to fix the operating system, boot, and drive file system.
    0xc000014C: Fix for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10

For this error code you should be prepared to perform multiple troubleshooting steps.

zbook, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Rohn007 Win User

0xc000014c error, made recovery drive USB now what??

Error code 0xc000014c

Your system is having a hard drive issue with a critical file required for booting. Try the fixes suggested in this tip: Steps to Fix Error 0xc000014c in Windows 10/7/8 - Error Live I recommend you do NOT download their "fix tool". No way of knowing what it will really do. Try
    googling for the error code for other suggested fixes.

Rohn007, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

0xc000014c error, made recovery drive USB now what??

1. 0xc000014c error, made recovery drive USB now what?? - Similar Threads - 0xc000014c error made

2. error code:0xc000014c

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error code:0xc000014c: MY LAPTOP HAS A 0XC000014C AND I HAVE TRIED ALL OPTIONS BUT IT KEEPS ON REBOOTING TO THE SAME BLUE PAGE AND I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code0xc000014c/3663521a-a862-4f6a-a9e3-a6328957f321
  3. Error Code 0XC000014C

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Code 0XC000014C: i was having windows 7 first but using tool i updated it to windows 10 I was resetting my pc due to some troubleshoot errorsbut i am facing recovery error code 0xc000014c as soon as i start my pc it writes on a blue screen the error code it also shows to boot your pc i dont...
  4. Error code 0xc000014c

Error code 0xc000014c: HELP stuck really need help. This error code has appeared today and i cannot get rid of it. Have burnt the iso etc onto a disc however the system won't read the disc. All of this after an update last night...
  5. I have made a recovery USB drive but it was 128GB but after creating the recovery is was...

I have made a recovery USB drive but it was 128GB but after creating the recovery is was...: I looked online for various solutions but decided to try MiniTool Partition Wizard, a free program and this enabled me to easily recover the lost space as another drive. My problem is that I am not sure if this will affect the recovery facility. I can also change the size of...
  6. Error 0xc000014c

Error 0xc000014c: I was attempting to change my HDMI cord and accidentally unplugged my desktop while it was starting up. I got the 0xc000014c error. I downloaded windows 10 media creation on a usb from my windows 8 laptop but it doesn’t do anything when I plug it into my pc. Plus when i try...
  7. Recovery blue screen. BCD error code 0xc000014c

Recovery blue screen. BCD error code 0xc000014c: Just had this happen to me after many months of trouble free use of Windows 10 since the original download upgrade. All the online advise seems to point to pressing the power off button just after the manufacturer logo and as Windows starts to load - ie when the spinning...
  8. Error Code 0xc000014c

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error Code 0xc000014c: Got a new ssd and tried installing it and moving files and windows onto it. However, when i restarted the pc, it showed this error code. Computer starts up and i can navigate to BIOS but after trying everything to try and repair my computer, it pops up with a blue screen the...
  9. Error Code: 0xc000014c

Error Code: 0xc000014c: Hello, so originally my laptop was experiencing crashes after recent updates until a couple days ago when it failed to boot up and got stuck in the Automatic Repair loop, and none of the repair/restore options worked. So the only thing I could do was type in the Bootrec...
  10. Error 0xc000014c can't reboot anything

Error 0xc000014c can't reboot anything: I have tried the following to recover from this problem: 1) Acronis 2016 true image rescue disc 2) Easeustodo v9.2 rescue disc 3) Windows 10 generated rescue disc 4) Windows installation from CD via an widows.iso file Option 4 tried the hardest to boot with a...