Windows 10: 0xc0000454, The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors

Discus and support 0xc0000454, The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors error occurs when a computer boots up, and the Windows Boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 4, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

0xc0000454, The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors

WinClub, Jun 4, 2019
  2. Dandido Win User

The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors

To topgundcp.

I followed your instructions but Macrium could not find an operating system. See image below.

0xc0000454, The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors [​IMG]

I pressed next anyway and selected C: and pressed next again.

0xc0000454, The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors [​IMG]

I ran the fix and everything seems to have worked fine. I then restarted my computer.

I was greeted with a new error *Sad

Any idea on what to do next?

To dalchina.

Here's the result from the HD Tune Health tab.

I am currently doing an error scan with no damaged blocks after 15 minutes. I will leave it on and come back later and post the result.

To bro67.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try it after the error scan is completed and post the results.

So to summarize I currently have this error when trying to boot my computer.

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
    <Windows root>\system 32\hal.dll.

Dandido, Jun 4, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors

Boot up KYHI's Rescue disk then run Macrium. Click on "restore" tab then click on "Fix Windows Boot Problems". Reboot to see if the problem is fixed.

topgundcp, Jun 4, 2019
  4. 0xc0000454, The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors

The boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors

So I have been literally trying to fix my windows not being able to boot at all for more than 12 hours straight till now. I almost read every single article and troubleshooting step on the web to find a solution but nothing seems to work. I will keep it short as much as I can.

I was playing the Division game on my PC then suddenly the PC crashed and then it restarted by itself but stuck at the windows logo forever. I tried system restore using the windows recovery CD then it failed as well, since then, whenever I try to boot from my HDD, it gives the error 0xc00000f "The Boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors"

I then boot through the CD in the cd drive, have only 4 or 5 options which are

1 - Reset this PC
    2 - Refresh this PC
    3 - System Restore
    4- Command Prompt
    5- Automatic Repair

the "Reset this PC" gave an error "The required drive partition is missing"
    the "Refresh this PC" gave an error "The drive where windows is installed is locked. Please unlock and try again"
    the system restore gave an error something I don't actually remember but its like "Choose your OS and then try again"

I tried the so-called commands in the CMD (bootrec /fixboot, /fixmbr, /rebuildbcd, etc...) and all didn't work. Also the rebuildbcd command showed that "Total identified windows installations is ZERO"

Tried the diskpart command as well and when I listed all the volumes, all appeared as Healthy and all appeared as "NTFS" except for the CD Drive. The tutorials and workarounds I found stated that the windows volume must be something like FAT32.

Please help as I am completely clueless and if a clean installation of windows is required, please let me know I won't be bothered by it. I just do not want to run out of solutions to restore the old one.

Thanks a lot.

commandermadi, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

0xc0000454, The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors

1. 0xc0000454, The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors - Similar Threads - 0xc0000454 boot configuration

2. The boot configuration data for your pc is missing and contains errors windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The boot configuration data for your pc is missing and contains errors windows 11: i’ve been having boot problems with my pc and in trying to fix it this error has started to come up and i need help fixing it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-boot-configuration-data-for-your-pc-is-missing/a6808e4c-adf9-438c-b79c-5b06e0e75093
  3. The boot configuration data for your pc is missing and contains errors windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The boot configuration data for your pc is missing and contains errors windows 11: i’ve been having boot problems with my pc and in trying to fix it this error has started to come up and i need help fixing it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-boot-configuration-data-for-your-pc-is-missing/a6808e4c-adf9-438c-b79c-5b06e0e75093
  4. win 10 boot configuration data on your pc is missing or contain error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    win 10 boot configuration data on your pc is missing or contain error: hi everyone i done a windows update when i rebooted i got error which states there is a boot/bcd error other messages i got are boot configuration data on your pc is missing or contain errors i have tried the following so far.tried to fix the problem by using a start up...
  5. Boot Configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot Configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors: This error is displaying when I try to open my laptop. Please guide me a solution.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-configuration-data-for-your-pc-is-missing-or/d8d160d7-e4c0-4edb-9b9f-486ee74e5b38
  6. boot configuration data is missing or contain error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    boot configuration data is missing or contain error: what recovery tools are needed to fix error code 0xc00000039 windows 10 on acer switch 10 * Moved from Community Participation Center * Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures...
  7. The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors" File:...

The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors" File:...: Hi everyone, I dual booted my windows 10 on an Asus n550jx laptop with ubuntu 16.04 LTS and everything worked fine until I decided to remove my ubuntu. I created a usb recovery drive in windows which eventually got 8 Gbytes of space in my usb. I booted from it and it was...
  8. The boot configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.

The boot configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.: I would have fone the automatic reset. But i do not own the usb or dvd that it comes with. Any ideas for resetting this vut without the usb or dvd?...
  9. The boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors: So I have been literally trying to fix my windows not being able to boot at all for more than 12 hours straight till now. I almost read every single article and troubleshooting step on the web to find a solution but nothing seems to work. I will keep it short as much as I...
  10. The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 Support
    The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors: I came home one day and got a blue screen when trying to start up my computer. The error said "a required device isn't connected". I tried solving this problems in a lot of ways but I think I only made things worse cause now the error says "Your PC/Device needs to be...