Windows 10: 0xC004F213 error on activation after switching to a new hardware

Discus and support 0xC004F213 error on activation after switching to a new hardware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; 0xC004F213 error on activation after switching to a new hardware. I just installed a new M.2 SSD on a new pc. Previously had some problems on the pc so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by selectio, Nov 4, 2020.

1. selectio Win User

0xC004F213 error on activation after switching to a new hardware

0xC004F213 error on activation after switching to a new hardware. I just installed a new M.2 SSD on a new pc. Previously had some problems on the pc so i installed the windwos on an old SSD and then after figuring out the problem just reinstalled on the new M.2 NVME SSD. Now i get this activation error and the troubleshooter doesnot help at all :/ Please help

:)

selectio, Nov 4, 2020

2. windows not activated error--0xC004F213

Got a new pc and got the error 0xc004f213

---------------------------------------------

Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.450)

--------------------------------------------

>command prompt;> slmgr /xpr ;

windows is in notification mode\

------------------------------------

>slmgr /dli

Name: Windows(R),Core edition

Description:Windows(R) Operating system,OEM_DM channel

License Status: Notification

Notification Reason:0xc004f034-----------------------------------------------------

what should i do to activate windows

oscar gabrielmontaño espinoza, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Activation troubles after hardware chnage

Here's what happened:

• Linked my Windows 10 Pro Licence to my Microsoft account.
    • Switched out to a new motherboard, new install linked to my Microsoft account.
    • Activation has failed, (Error Code: 0xC004C003) when I try to troubleshoot:
    • Have been trying for 3 days now - still not activated.
    Anyone got any ideas or suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks

TobiasPreston, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

1. 0xC004F213 error on activation after switching to a new hardware - Similar Threads - 0xC004F213 error activation

2. Error 0xC004F213 in Windows activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xC004F213 in Windows activation: I`ve changed my pc parts and cant activate Windows now.Activation troubleshooter says "Your copy of Windows could not be activated because the digital license for this device has already been used to reactivate Windows."I`ve deleted my previous pc from Microsoft account, but...
  3. activation error 0XC004F213

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    activation error 0XC004F213: i had a valid digital license and linked my hotmail. my computer was broken few weeks ago and i changed the motherboard, and now it have activation error 0XC004F213 .tried the troubleshoot and didnt work.can anyone help?...
  4. activation error 0XC004F213

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation error 0XC004F213: i had a valid digital license and linked my hotmail. my computer was broken few weeks ago and i changed the motherboard, and now it have activation error 0XC004F213 .tried the troubleshoot and didnt work.can anyone help?...
  5. activation error 0XC004F213

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Error 0xC004F213 Windows 10 Pro not activating

Error 0xC004F213 Windows 10 Pro not activating: Hello, Recently purchased windows 10 pro from game store so no product key. I've already tried trouble shoot and it says not able to activate still. It was giving me the same issue when I had purchased windows 10 but restarting my computer seemed to help that time, I tried...
  7. Error 0xC004F213 Windows 10 Enterprise not activating

Error 0xC004F213 Windows 10 Enterprise not activating: Hello, Recently purchased windows 10 pro from game store so no product key. I've already tried trouble shoot and it says not able to activate still. It was giving me the same issue when I had purchased windows 10 but restarting my computer seemed to help that time, I tried...
  8. windows not activated error--0xC004F213

windows not activated error--0xC004F213: Got a new pc and got the error 0xc004f213 --------------------------------------------- Version 2004 OS Build 19041.450 -------------------------------------------- >command prompt;> slmgr /xpr ; windows is in notification mode\ ------------------------------------...
  9. Windows activation error 0xC004F213 after upgrade to pro

Windows activation error 0xC004F213 after upgrade to pro: I had windows 10 home activated with digital license on my computer. Then I upgraded to window 10 pro from Microsoft store for 99$. But when I clicked Install, installation failed. So I rebooted my computer and checked windows activation, it is saying Windows 10 Enterprise...
  10. Activation error : 0xC004F213. after upgrade to windows -10 pro

Activation error : 0xC004F213. after upgrade to windows -10 pro: I had a laptop with a language locked OSChinese. I payed 808 CNY and upgraded the system to windows 10 pro. now the system throws activation error. edition : windows 10 enterprise version :1909 os build : 18363.592 Activation error : 0xC004F213. Note: I was not given a...
Tags: