Windows 10: 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and 9 numpad keys and right '+' key don't work

Discus and support 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and 9 numpad keys and right '+' key don't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, a few days ago my Win10 laptop's 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and 9 numpad keys and right '+' key suddenly stopped working the 4, 5, and 6 keys work fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnasAbdi, Mar 8, 2021.

1. AnasAbdi Win User

1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and 9 numpad keys and right '+' key don't work

Hello, a few days ago my Win10 laptop's 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and 9 numpad keys and right '+' key suddenly stopped working the 4, 5, and 6 keys work fine though. I depend on the 2 and 8 keys for up and down arrows as my main right and left arrow keypads got loose and I couldn't put them back; plus, I can't use the numpad right/left 4/6 arrows and the main up/down arrows at the same time with one hand as I need to press other buttons to play some games. I tried many solutions such as the 'Windows key/Fn + Ctrl + Alt' method, uninstalling and reinstalling my keyboard driver, messing around with the ease of access menu settings and whatnot, yet nothing worked. Please help me. Thank you in advance.

:)

AnasAbdi, Mar 8, 2021

2. 1 2 3 4 7 8 9 p and backspace not working

I have an Asus x55c with a very problematic keyboard.

So basically I have a Windows 10 and I can't make my keyboard work with the following keys: 1 2 3 4 7 8 9 p and backspace

What I did.

1. I uninstalled the driver from Device Manager and then restart.
    2. I checked the cables.
    3. I tried safe mode.
    4. I tried an older version of the same driver.

Update:

• These keys work in BIOS
    • They worked in Windows 7 Safe Mode
    • They don't work in Windows 7, Windows 10 or Windows 10 Safe Mode

Nitescu Lucian, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Jane Lla Win User
    Windows 10 Numpad not working properly.

Hello Donovan,

High possibility of hardware issue. To confirm this, when you press the number 3 key, what will show is 36, 8 will result with 8/ and number 9 will be 9*. This is because of the actual key button being defective; notice that the key right next to the key
    you're pressing gets encoded as well?

If you're using a PC, isolate by using another keyboard. If you're using a laptop, consult your device manufacturer for further assistance.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Mar 8, 2021
  4. 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and 9 numpad keys and right '+' key don't work

Windows 10 Numpad not working properly.

High possibility of hardware issue. To confirm this, when you press the number 3 key, what will show is 36, 8 will result with 8/ and number 9 will be 9*. This is because of the actual key button being defective; notice that the key right next to the key
    you're pressing gets encoded as well?

If you're using a PC, isolate by using another keyboard. If you're using a laptop, consult your device manufacturer for further assistance.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards.

So, my keyboard numpad is broken? Is there a way to fix it?

DonovanWoo, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and 9 numpad keys and right '+' key don't work

1. 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and 9 numpad keys and right '+' key don't work - Similar Threads - numpad keys right

2. there is a problem with my numpad, 0 and 1 keys don't type anything instead they do the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    there is a problem with my numpad, 0 and 1 keys don't type anything instead they do the...: i have tried to resest my keyboard, turned off sticky keys, filter keys and toggle keys, i don't have the "control your mouse with a keypad" option on.i unistalled the drivers and reinstalled them, plugged my keyboard in another usb port, nothing worked.i tired to use...
  3. there is a problem with my numpad, 0 and 1 keys don't type anything instead they do the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is a problem with my numpad, 0 and 1 keys don't type anything instead they do the...: i have tried to resest my keyboard, turned off sticky keys, filter keys and toggle keys, i don't have the "control your mouse with a keypad" option on.i unistalled the drivers and reinstalled them, plugged my keyboard in another usb port, nothing worked.i tired to use...
  4. NUMPAD KEY 9 NOT WORKING IN MY WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NUMPAD KEY 9 NOT WORKING IN MY WINDOWS 11: WHEN I BOOT MY DEVICE IF I GO FOR A GOOGLE SEARCH NUM 9 IS BEING ENTERED AUTOMATICALLY UNTIL IT IS STOPPED. NUM PAD 9 IS NOT WORKING IN MY KEYBOARD. IS THERE ANY SOLUTION....
  5. NUMPAD KEY 9 NOT WORKING IN MY WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NUMPAD KEY 9 NOT WORKING IN MY WINDOWS 11: WHEN I BOOT MY DEVICE IF I GO FOR A GOOGLE SEARCH NUM 9 IS BEING ENTERED AUTOMATICALLY UNTIL IT IS STOPPED. NUM PAD 9 IS NOT WORKING IN MY KEYBOARD. IS THERE ANY SOLUTION....
  6. O key on keyboard pressing 7 on numpad

O key on keyboard pressing 7 on numpad: I tried the numlock fix but it still presses home o7n the numpad as the keyboard numpad has home on itthe letter L does that as well. The only fix isto disable the numpad but i dont know how. The same with the full stop on my keyboard....
  7. Numpad #2 key not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Numpad #2 key not working: Ok so there's probably a million and one reasons as to why my numpad number 2 key does not work, lemme rephrase, the key actually works because I input a 4 digit pin when I sign in BUT it does NOT work while I'm just idly browsing. Its so weird. It also works as a arrow down...
  8. My: ESC, ~,TAB, 1 not on numpad, and Q keys won't work.

My: ESC, ~,TAB, 1 not on numpad, and Q keys won't work.: My: ESC, ~,TAB, 1 not on numpad, and Q keys won't work. I've tried restarting computer and reinstalling my keyboard, but none of them seem to work....
  9. One of the numpad keys not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    One of the numpad keys not working.: Just today as I was using My laptop, the Num- key stopped working. The issue is not in the hardware as I tried several different keyboards including the on-screen keyboard none of which worked....
  10. Alt + 21 Numpad Key Not Working.

Alt + 21 Numpad Key Not Working.: I'm on a Windows 10, and whenever I try to type Alt + 21, nothing happens. It's supposed to come up with "§", but it doesn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-21-numpad-key-not-working/576f6546-d38a-4aa5-80d8-076c08025823