Windows 10: 1. battery not charging .help apps dont work .Has anyone successfully fixed this problem.

Discus and support 1. battery not charging .help apps dont work .Has anyone successfully fixed this problem. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Also when I select phone icon in messenger I am given a dialogue box directing me to settings but nothing seems appropriate any suggestions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SuziGlanz, Sep 30, 2018.

1. SuziGlanz Win User

1. battery not charging .help apps dont work .Has anyone successfully fixed this problem.

Also when I select phone icon in messenger I am given a dialogue box directing me to settings but nothing seems appropriate any suggestions

:)

SuziGlanz, Sep 30, 2018

2. battery not charging or 1 minute to full charge

Doesn't seem to be the charger cause - after last time of unloading and reloading the battery monitoring software and taking and putting the battery back in, without touching the charger - then the battery charged up to 100%. Tried all the other stuff too - to no avail. It's just pretty weird with the inconsistencies - sometimes the techniques suggested on the forums work - and sometimes they don't. Pretty frustrating. Interesting though that Windows 8.1 had same issue, so I won;t try going back there to solve the problem. I'm beginning to think that there is some incompatibility between Dell laptops and Windows drivers that is at the root of this -but not so often that either company thinks that a fix is in order.

batteryrod, Sep 30, 2018
  3. curt jugg Win User
    New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Sep 30, 2018
  4. JD9999 Win User

1. battery not charging .help apps dont work .Has anyone successfully fixed this problem.

Battery fully charged, but still charging

My laptop has a battery light which tells me when my laptop is fully charged. When it is fully charged (it is green), Windows still says "05 minutes until fully charged" and then charges for another half hour. In the past the light has been reliable, so I believe that windows 10 is the issue. My laptop has also had significant issues with charging. I can confirm this with two batteries. I have an Asus K55VD which I haven't changed the battery plugs in or anything like that. What could my problem be? Here's what I've tried:

-Disabling and re-enabling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery (no change)
    -Turning power saving off in BIOS (did a bit of help with the charging problem)
    -Fixing the fan (turns out it wasn't spinning, which caused a range of issues. Helped the battery charge issue a bit)
    -Keeping the laptop shut down (didn't help)
    -Keeping it asleep (didn't help)
    -Keeping it on with the screen off (did help it charge)

Yet I can't find a fix for the battery charging percentage and time issue. Any help would be appreciated.

JD9999, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

1. 1. battery not charging .help apps dont work .Has anyone successfully fixed this problem. - Similar Threads - battery charging help

2. Battery charging problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery charging problem: My laptop Acer Aspire 5742z-4512 battery is not charging it show a messsage saying 0% available plugged in charging.Just a year ago i had bought this new battery for my laptop and now within 1 year of using this problem has arised..I tried uninstalling the drivers and...
  3. Battery charging problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery charging problem: My laptop Acer Aspire 5742z-4512 battery is not charging it show a messsage saying 0% available plugged in charging.Just a year ago i had bought this new battery for my laptop and now within 1 year of using this problem has arised..I tried uninstalling the drivers and...
  4. Will Windows crash? Has anyone done this successfully?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Windows crash? Has anyone done this successfully?: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-change-legacy-to-uefi-without-reinstalling-windows-10I wanted to convert from legacy to uefi. My PC repair guy changed it from uefi to legacy while repairing my pc and now I want it to be uefi. Will this work? Or will my Windows crash?...
  5. Battery charging Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery charging Problem: I am plugging my laptop and it is showing charging but does not get charged over more than 40-50%. Someone please help. Facing the issue from last month. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging-problem/1d581f76-479c-4d36-988e-4b0e646014ca
  6. Battery charging problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery charging problem: When i charge my laptop while it is in 2% or less "battery is low" pop ups every 20 or 30 seconds until it goes the 10%..and also whiel i play game the charing led indicator blinks and the game starts to hang whenever it blinks.......
  7. Has there been a successful fix for the problem detailed below?

Has there been a successful fix for the problem detailed below?: I read the following thread but didn't see anything that indicated a fix. Has a fix or workaround been established? I use Windows 10 Pro on HP Zbook 17 x64 intel i7-4700. I've done everything listed in the thread with no apparent effect. In fact, the system went into sleep...
  8. my battery is not charging can anyone help

my battery is not charging can anyone help: My battery is currently sitting at 8% and is plugged in. If I unplug it from the mains, and then replug in it starts to charge then after 10 secs stops charging. Can any one help...
  9. Problem charging the battery

Problem charging the battery: when connect hp laptop charger to pc, start charging some minutes then stop charging >. This process is repeated as long as the charger is connected to the device. I removed the battery from the device and connected the charger and found that there was no problem with the...
  10. Battery "Plugged in, not charging" - has a workable fix been found

Battery "Plugged in, not charging" - has a workable fix been found: I have tried the uninstall drive/auto reinstall etc. Nothing works. It is not the battery or the cord, or the transformer - I replaced them all, and found the problem still exists....