Windows 10: 1 Cannot change my name as the sender of e-mails gmail accounts & 2 Microsoft Store "page...

Discus and support 1 Cannot change my name as the sender of e-mails gmail accounts & 2 Microsoft Store "page... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have two questions. First, my e-mails get sent with an old nickname for the laptop, no matter what I do. Using "mail" app with Gmail accounts, as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by yourlocalsuperhero, Jan 28, 2022.

1. 1 Cannot change my name as the sender of e-mails gmail accounts & 2 Microsoft Store "page...

Hi,I have two questions. First, my e-mails get sent with an old nickname for the laptop, no matter what I do. Using "mail" app with Gmail accounts, as well as using gmail.com. I have changed the name in all of my accounts in Windows even the device's name as well as through gmail.com. What gives?????? I am sending professional e-mails with a bad nickname.I thought I'd update to a new mail app -- Thunderbird, perhaps? Is this the best free e-mail? Will it sync with browsers, other devices? Manage multiple accounts? I don't know what I should be thinking about, obviously.BUTMicros

:)

yourlocalsuperhero, Jan 28, 2022
  2. Alfred001 Win User

Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts

I use two gmail accounts and each has a "send mail as" name specified, meaning when I send an e-mail, the recipient will see the sender as being the name I specified, rather than just my e-mail address.

When I send mail from gmail, this works, but when I send mail from gmail via Mail it always just shows the e-mail address, not the name.

On the other hand, all hotmail accounts I use show the name fine.

I checked in manage accounts->change mailbox sync settings and both accounts have "send your messages using this name" specified correctly, but the name still doesn't show.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Alfred001, Jan 28, 2022
  3. Change sender name using Windows 10 mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you would like to change the name of the sender in the Email using mail app. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply
    with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)

• What is the Mail app Version installed?

• Do you see the primary email account holder name on the email, sent using the secondary email account?

• Does the email recipient also sees the primary email account holder’s name, instead of the actual sender?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and make the changes.

1. Open
      Mail app and click on the
      Gear icon at the bottom left.

2. Now click on
      Manage accounts under
      Settings.

3. Select any one secondary Email account from the list.

4. Click on
      Change mailbox sync settings.

5. Change the name under
      Send your messages using this name to the correct account holder.

6. Repeat the same steps for all the email account holder other than the Primary account holder.

1 Cannot change my name as the sender of e-mails gmail accounts & 2 Microsoft Store "page... 84c61b90-0166-4ce9-babe-e7ccecdbf6b1?upload=true.jpg

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 28, 2022
  4. 1 Cannot change my name as the sender of e-mails gmail accounts & 2 Microsoft Store "page...

Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

1 Cannot change my name as the sender of e-mails gmail accounts & 2 Microsoft Store "page...

1. 1 Cannot change my name as the sender of e-mails gmail accounts & 2 Microsoft Store "page... - Similar Threads - Cannot change name

2. Phising E-mail. E-mail was sent to my gmail account regarding my outlook e-mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phising E-mail. E-mail was sent to my gmail account regarding my outlook e-mail: Just an FYI. I recently signed up for a new account through my child's school, I am using a Mac and I am using Google products at the moment. I do have a separate Microsoft account but I don't use it that often. The following day this e-mail was sent to me claiming it is from...
  3. Phising E-mail. E-mail was sent to my gmail account regarding my outlook e-mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phising E-mail. E-mail was sent to my gmail account regarding my outlook e-mail: Just an FYI. I recently signed up for a new account through my child's school, I am using a Mac and I am using Google products at the moment. I do have a separate Microsoft account but I don't use it that often. The following day this e-mail was sent to me claiming it is from...
  4. 1 Cannot change my name as the sender of e-mails gmail accounts & 2 Microsoft Store "page...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1 Cannot change my name as the sender of e-mails gmail accounts & 2 Microsoft Store "page...: Hi,I have two questions. First, my e-mails get sent with an old nickname for the laptop, no matter what I do. Using "mail" app with Gmail accounts, as well as using gmail.com. I have changed the name in all of my accounts in Windows even the device's name as well as through...
  5. Can't change name for gmail account in mail app

Can't change name for gmail account in mail app: I'm using Win10 Mail App Version 16005.13426.20368.0 I recently realized that my gmail account sends mails under the wrong display name. My setup has 3 mail accounts gmx, gmail #1, gmail #2 and gmail #2 sends mails under the wrong name. I tried changing the name under...
  6. Block e-Mail senders

Block e-Mail senders: I am conducting important research and i need to have my mail clear of banal stuff but i can't block sites that don't have an "unsubscribe" option. There's an option called "ignore" but it's faded out and i can't click it I've also tried to search it on the internet and...
  7. No option to change sender name in Mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option to change sender name in Mail app: [ATTACH] Hi there -- it appears that the "send your messages using this name" is missing from the mail sync settings for all of my accounts (both gmail and outlook email accounts). As a result, emails sent using the Mail app all have the same name for the sender,...
  8. Change sender name on Windows10 mail app.

Change sender name on Windows10 mail app.: I am using Windows 10 mail app with all my gmail accounts, to keep them in one place. It works great but the one thing I don't like is it uses my name as the sender along with the email address. I want to be able to specify what name it shows for each account. I also saw...
  9. blocking senders e mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    blocking senders e mail: Need to block a senders e mail on windows 10 Hotmail but cannot see any options on opening inbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-senders-e-mail/a40d90ca-e0b2-40a0-98a7-5490fd04c462"
  10. Mail desktop app and account sender name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail desktop app and account sender name: Not sure if this has been posted before, but the mail app sends out my name as "RobertXPS13" How can I change this? I'm using this Gmail account to send out professional emails and it looks bad that I have that as my alias. I'd appreciate any help! submitted by /u/krnrice27...