Windows 10: 1-Click File Opening

Discus and support 1-Click File Opening in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Where do I go in Settings to set up my mouse for 1-click to open files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LittleTYO, Nov 26, 2019.

1. LittleTYO Win User

1-Click File Opening

Where do I go in Settings to set up my mouse for 1-click to open files?

:)

LittleTYO, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Nov 26, 2019
  3. "open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 26, 2019
  4. jaydeee Win User

1-Click File Opening

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile 1-Click File Opening :)

jaydeee, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

1-Click File Opening

1. 1-Click File Opening - Similar Threads - Click File Opening

2. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?: Just what the question says. I'm in Windows Explorer, WIndows 10 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846 . Corporate license. I see an old question from 2014 about the same thing happening for Excel files. These are Excel files as well, . I want to select and drag to move a bunch of files....
  3. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?: Just what the question says. I'm in Windows Explorer, WIndows 10 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846 . Corporate license. I see an old question from 2014 about the same thing happening for Excel files. These are Excel files as well, . I want to select and drag to move a bunch of files....
  4. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have my mouse set to open files in file explorer with TWO clicks and it randomly opens on 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have my mouse set to open files in file explorer with TWO clicks and it randomly opens on 1: Windows 10 I have the setting set to two clicks. I am going through a lot of image files and this is driving me crazy as i have to stop and close the opened file. Does anyone know of a good alternative file management system? I mostly do photo images and need to be able to...
  6. I have my mouse set to open files in file explorer with TWO clicks and it randomly opens on 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have my mouse set to open files in file explorer with TWO clicks and it randomly opens on 1: Windows 10 I have the setting set to two clicks. I am going through a lot of image files and this is driving me crazy as i have to stop and close the opened file. Does anyone know of a good alternative file management system? I mostly do photo images and need to be able to...
  7. I have my mouse set to open files in file explorer with TWO clicks and it randomly opens on 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Using double-click to open files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using double-click to open files: Recently, I can no longer use double-click to open files either from desktop icons or within sub-files. I have to left click to select, then right-click, then move cursor to "open, then left-click open. This is a great degradation in performance. Will this be reversed or...
  9. Double-clicking opens folders but not files

in Windows 10 Support
    Double-clicking opens folders but not files: When I double-click on a folder, the folder opens. Good. But when I double-click on a file or document for the first time, it doesn't open (i.e., it doesn't launch the application to read that file). Instead, the filename is shaded and there's a box around the filename as if...
  10. Need to double click to perform 1 click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to double click to perform 1 click: Hi i have a problem with my pc at the moment that every time i want to press 1 click with my mouse i need to do double click for it to register as 1 click. For example : i want to stop a YouTube video which need one press on the video i need to double click it for it to...