Windows 10: 1 Day Desktop Background Slideshow Not Working

Discus and support 1 Day Desktop Background Slideshow Not Working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; To be clear, I am NOT talking about the screensaver settings found in Power Settings! I have set Background Slideshow to 'Change picture every' 1 Day.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JimD, Jan 21, 2019.

1. JimD Win User

1 Day Desktop Background Slideshow Not Working

• To be clear, I am NOT talking about the screensaver settings found in Power Settings!
    • I have set Background Slideshow to 'Change picture every' 1 Day.
    • I can go a week without it changing automatically.

• I have done some tests with settings of 1 minute or 10 minutes, then sleeping (not hibernating) the computer for various amount of time.
    • The results show that the background changes, in general, at the next full 1 minute or 10 minutes clock cycle. (e.g. If I use 10 minutes then sleep for 5 minutes, return from sleep, the background does not change in 5 minutes. It doesn't even change in the next 10 minutes.)
    • If I set the timer for 1 minute, sleep for 30 seconds, the change is done on a full minute clock time (i.e. if I set the time at 13:21:15 and wake at 13:21:45, the change will occur at 13:23:00. A full 75 seconds after coming out of sleep.

OK, Enough! If the above behavior is as designed, how can I alternately change the background once a day? Using a daily Scheduled Task to 'tickle' the Slideshow would be the best, because it would allow me to use the settings for picture folder and fit so I can keep working within my Windows Theme.

Thanks, Jim

:)

2. Can i have the same preview layout like window 10 slideshow lock screen on window 10 slideshow desktop background ?

Hi,

You can have the same preview layout for your lock screen and desktop background slideshow as long as the photos are saved on the same folder. To change the desktop background picture to slideshow, please follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background, choose Slideshow.
    • Click on Browse, and then navigate to your slideshow folder that you have created to specify the directory.
    • Set the time interval. Under Change picture every choose your time preference of between 1 minute and 1 day.

After customizing the desktop background, you'll need to configure the lock screen slideshow settings too. Follow the steps given on this article and select the same slideshow folder:

Personalize your lock screen

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jan 21, 2019
  3. R.Mundy Win User
    Desktop background slideshow not working.

As the title says, my desktop background slideshow isn't working. It actually looks like the entire Themes element is broken. When I select the Windows 10 theme, nothing apart from the "Colours" bit changes and if I try to manually set the desktop background
    to "Slideshow" nothing happens, then it returns to the Picture option on it's own accord.

I've tried the Edit Power Plan fix and any other obvious fixes that a Google search has suggested to no avail.

Not sure if it's linked, but my Start Menu is a little broken too - if I pin or unpin anything to it I have to manually restart Windows Explorer through the Task Manager before the changes take affect.

Any suggestions?

R.Mundy, Jan 21, 2019
  4. 1 Day Desktop Background Slideshow Not Working

Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

1 Day Desktop Background Slideshow Not Working

1. 1 Day Desktop Background Slideshow Not Working - Similar Threads - Desktop Background Slideshow

2. Slideshow background not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slideshow background not working.: Slideshow background doesn't work on Windows 11.Even though I never set it up in Windows 11, it automatically came over when I installed and started using Windows 11. I never did anything to change it. But then, after 10 days, it stopped working and nothing I did could bring...
  3. Slideshow background not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slideshow background not working.: Slideshow background doesn't work on Windows 11.Even though I never set it up in Windows 11, it automatically came over when I installed and started using Windows 11. I never did anything to change it. But then, after 10 days, it stopped working and nothing I did could bring...
  4. My Background Slideshow is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Background Slideshow is not working: I have tried everything that was suggested. My settings were already set to what was suggested. I even tried to save my Theme for sharing. It only let me save it as a .deskthemepack. I didn't have any other options.I do notice that as soon as I right click on the screen and...
  5. Slideshow Background Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slideshow Background Not Working: I wanted to start using a slideshow lockscreen background recently so I made a new folder with all the pictures I wanted. After opening the lockscreen settings I changed the wallpaper to slideshow and deleted the default albums that were already there. For some reason, after...
  6. Background > Slideshow > "1 day" means 12 hours or 24 hours?

Background > Slideshow > "1 day" means 12 hours or 24 hours?: When in Settings > Personalization > Background : I set the Background to "Slideshow" and then it gives you the option to change the pictures every 30 min. ; every 6 hours and every 1 day.What does "1 day" mean? Is it 12 hours or 24 hours???...
  7. Desktop Background slideshow

Desktop Background slideshow: I made a few photo collages that I would like to display on my desktop in the form of a slideshow. When I went to personalize my desktop and select photos for the slideshow the folder with my collages showed empty. I saw that in the personalization window it says "choose...
  8. Desktop Background Slideshow

Desktop Background Slideshow: I selected the slideshow option to change pictures every day. It changes every hour instead. I tried every 6 hours and the same happened. The every 1 minute option worked though....
  9. Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation

Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation: Has anyone else noticed that the RANDOMISE option on the slideshow for the desktop background doesn't seem to exist anymore? Or am I looking in the wrong place compared to win7/8. Steve 7683
  10. Background slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Background slideshow not working: I have a background slideshow in operation, inherited from Windows 7 when I changed to Windows 10. I know how to personalise the background, but the slideshow does not work when I select a folder other than the one I inherited, even when there are suitable background pictures...