Windows 10: 1 game on D: Drive but very slow

Discus and support 1 game on D: Drive but very slow in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I run only 1 game on the D: drive of my Windows 10 computer, and my C: drive is about 75% full. However, when I run the game that is on my D:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheCar, Jan 8, 2020.

1. TheCar Win User

1 game on D: Drive but very slow

Hello! I run only 1 game on the D: drive of my Windows 10 computer, and my C: drive is about 75% full. However, when I run the game that is on my D: drive, it acts as though the memory is full-the game is good for about 5 minutes, then the FPS drops to, like, 0.5 frames a second. My computer has had other memory issues with games recently, and I haven't even had it for a year yet. I want to know-why is the game on my D drive dragged down, when I haven't used even 25% of D drive's storage, and how can I fix it?

:)

TheCar, Jan 8, 2020
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Which version of Windows 10 do you have? Right click Start, click Run, type "winver" (without quotes)…

1 game on D: Drive but very slow [​IMG]

64 or 32 Bit? ... Control Panel > System, look under System type.

sygnus21, Jan 8, 2020
  3. TheCar Win User

Hello! I run only 1 game on the D: drive of my Windows 10 computer, and my C: drive is about 75% full. However, when I run the game that is on my D: drive, it acts as though the memory is full-the game is good for about 5 minutes, then the FPS drops to, like, 0.5 frames a second. My computer has had other memory issues with games recently, and I haven't even had it for a year yet. I want to know-why is the game on my D drive dragged down, when I haven't used even 25% of D drive's storage, and how can I fix it?

TheCar, Jan 8, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Ok.

First off you've nowhere near 120 (119) gig of memory. What you are stating is drive size. Looking at the specs of that notebook Dell G3 15 Gaming Laptop shows the most memory that notebook came with is 16gig. With that (given what you did post spec wise) I'm going to assume this is the one you have - Dell G3 15 Gaming Laptop

All that out the way, two suggestions first...

1. Go to Dell's website and find the latest drivers for your notebook - start here for driver support (sorry I don't know your exact model number)
    2. Make sure you have the latest patches for your game - Go here for Forza Horizon 4 support (sorry didn't see patches)

sygnus21, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

1. 1 game on D: Drive but very slow - Similar Threads - game Drive very

2. Computer suddenly very slow after a game crash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer suddenly very slow after a game crash: Was playing the new Call of Duty, when suddenly the game crashes on a loading screen. Wasn't too worried because the game crashes a lot. But after minute or so, the game kept frozen. Again, not a new issue. But when I was forced to restart the computer, everything went badly....
  3. Context Menu Very, Very Slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu Very, Very Slow: so i just did an in-place upgrade that resolved pretty much all of the issues i was having, but unfortunately the context menu is now extremely slow. let me rephrase that, it's lightning quick when on the desktop or certain files (.dll for example), in fact it couldn't be...
  4. Windows 10 very very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 very very slow: Hi I have an HP Spectre x360 wxith an Intel Core i7-7500U, 2,7 GHz, 16Go RAM and a 2TB hard drive 1.45To free. Since one week my PC is very very slow. I'm using Kaspersky Total Security without any alert. I'm also using MalwareByte without also any alert I run...
  5. I've got a very slow hard drive...

I've got a very slow hard drive...: My hard drive is 3TB and very slow it gets up to 100% when trying to perform easy tasks like looking things up on the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-got-a-very-slow-hard-drive/80bd0815-79bc-4bcf-89b2-49790728e312
  6. Very very slow win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very very slow win 10: My Desktop taking too much time to open. Even after opening a circle keeps spining and does not alow to open any thing. Clicking PC icon takes too much time to show all the partition and drives. Even right click context menu takes time. Adobe DC is installed but pdf files...
  7. Very very slow computer

Very very slow computer: My laptop Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series became very very slow in running all applications etc since last 2 weeks. It started after installing few window updates. How to get out of it. Please help....
  8. Very, very slow internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very, very slow internet: Good Morning For the past week I have been having problems with internet pages being very slow to load, having to be constantly refreshed to display the content and often not displaying the content at all despite repeated attempts. I have had my telephone line and...
  9. Virtualization and gaming very slow on 1809

Virtualization and gaming very slow on 1809: Hi, I recently re-installed Windows on my laptop to get 1809 before Windows Update got it. Everything is quite fast as before, but Linux Virtualbox VMs and all big games (GTAV, The Witcher 3, Far Cry 3) have unacceptable lag that makes them near unusable. VMs have a roughly...
  10. Restart very slow?

Restart very slow?: Hey Guys I have fast start up enabled ( it's ticked but greyed out , reg enrty is set to 1 ) But I have set hibernation to never, will this combo work? Time I get is around 14 secs. Also the restart option seems extremely slow ie around 1 minute, is this normal? Is...