Windows 10: 1 game on D: Drive but very slow

Discus and support 1 game on D: Drive but very slow in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I run only 1 game on the D: drive of my Windows 10 computer, and my C: drive is about 75% full. However, when I run the game that is on my D:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheCar, Jan 8, 2020.

1. TheCar Win User

1 game on D: Drive but very slow

Hello! I run only 1 game on the D: drive of my Windows 10 computer, and my C: drive is about 75% full. However, when I run the game that is on my D: drive, it acts as though the memory is full-the game is good for about 5 minutes, then the FPS drops to, like, 0.5 frames a second. My computer has had other memory issues with games recently, and I haven't even had it for a year yet. I want to know-why is the game on my D drive dragged down, when I haven't used even 25% of D drive's storage, and how can I fix it?

:)

TheCar, Jan 8, 2020
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Which version of Windows 10 do you have? Right click Start, click Run, type "winver" (without quotes)…

1 game on D: Drive but very slow [​IMG]

64 or 32 Bit? ... Control Panel > System, look under System type.

sygnus21, Jan 8, 2020
  3. TheCar Win User

Hello! I run only 1 game on the D: drive of my Windows 10 computer, and my C: drive is about 75% full. However, when I run the game that is on my D: drive, it acts as though the memory is full-the game is good for about 5 minutes, then the FPS drops to, like, 0.5 frames a second. My computer has had other memory issues with games recently, and I haven't even had it for a year yet. I want to know-why is the game on my D drive dragged down, when I haven't used even 25% of D drive's storage, and how can I fix it?

TheCar, Jan 8, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Ok.

First off you've nowhere near 120 (119) gig of memory. What you are stating is drive size. Looking at the specs of that notebook Dell G3 15 Gaming Laptop shows the most memory that notebook came with is 16gig. With that (given what you did post spec wise) I'm going to assume this is the one you have - Dell G3 15 Gaming Laptop

All that out the way, two suggestions first...

1. Go to Dell's website and find the latest drivers for your notebook - start here for driver support (sorry I don't know your exact model number)
    2. Make sure you have the latest patches for your game - Go here for Forza Horizon 4 support (sorry didn't see patches)

sygnus21, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

1. 1 game on D: Drive but very slow - Similar Threads - game Drive very

2. new Pc very slow in old game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new Pc very slow in old game: Im playing a game from 2006 which uses directx9 and I recently bought a new pc. My fps are between 25-45 in this game and in other high end games I easly reach 144. How can I fix this?...
  3. Hard drive very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive very slow: I recently got a new HDD. It was a replacement for my old 500GB seagate momentus thin. but the problem is, with the new Toshiba 1TB HDD I got, The speeds are very slow. I use a website that compares pc parts and it says the new HDD is...
  4. Hard drive very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive very slow: I recently got a new HDD. It was a replacement for my old 500GB seagate momentus thin. but the problem is, with the new Toshiba 1TB HDD I got, The speeds are very slow. I use a website that compares pc parts and it says the new HDD is...
  5. Hard drive very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. fatal error on D drive rebooted and Fixing D: stage 1 going very slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fatal error on D drive rebooted and Fixing D: stage 1 going very slow: I had a D drive disk fatal error. The D is my data with start up systems (windows 10) on an SSD C drive. the attempted to restart had Preparing to Fix stuck for about 30 minutes. The second attempt to start was with shift key and it went into check disk. It progressed quickly...
  7. fatal error on D drive rebooted and Fixing D: stage 1 going very slow

in Windows 10 Support
    fatal error on D drive rebooted and Fixing D: stage 1 going very slow: I had a D drive disk fatal error. The D is my data with start up systems (windows 10) on an SSD C drive. the attempted to restart had Preparing to Fix stuck for about 30 minutes. The second attempt to start was with shift key and it went into check disk. It progressed quickly...
  8. The computer suddenly works very slow, and now D drive cannot be opened.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The computer suddenly works very slow, and now D drive cannot be opened.: Hello, I am using a X555LAB IntelR CoreTM i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz with 8.00 GB RAM computer. One day when I turn on my computer it suddenly initiated a disk check and started to repair itself, it took hours and eventually I got through and I disable the disk check and stuff by...
  9. Facebook games running very slow not in sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook games running very slow not in sync: Why are video games on Facebook running so slow I have tried to play on Chrome and internet explorer, Microsoft Edge, they are all doing the same thing it frustrating to say the least. Anyone know what going on? please comment...
  10. Virtualization and gaming very slow on 1809

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Virtualization and gaming very slow on 1809: Hi, I recently re-installed Windows on my laptop to get 1809 before Windows Update got it. Everything is quite fast as before, but Linux Virtualbox VMs and all big games (GTAV, The Witcher 3, Far Cry 3) have unacceptable lag that makes them near unusable. VMs have a roughly...