Windows 10: 1 gb writing on ssd every time i boot up , is it normal?

Discus and support 1 gb writing on ssd every time i boot up , is it normal? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; whenever i boot up my device , it writes on ssd about 1gb data every time , only system writes this , i normally use my laptop with no downloading and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DHRUV KALIAk, May 4, 2022.

1. 1 gb writing on ssd every time i boot up , is it normal?

whenever i boot up my device , it writes on ssd about 1gb data every time , only system writes this , i normally use my laptop with no downloading and when i check through hwinfo sensors it shows approx.700-800mb is written , is it okay or there is something problem

:)

DHRUV KALIAk, May 4, 2022

2. Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC after cloning Windows to new SSD. I would like to know what happens when you try to boot the PC to desktop using SSD?

The reason you are not able to boot the PC is that the files required to boot Windows are still recognizing the HDD as the main drive. I would suggest you to try rebuilding the BCD files and see if you are able to boot the PC using
    SSD.

Kindly follow the steps below to rebuild the BCD.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select Next >
      Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter: BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 4, 2022
  3. Is this amount of Data writen normal for a SSD?

I don't use SSD, since I heard that SSD has a very limited time for writes. And every time, you write something, it erases whole piece and write again together with the new to storage. Tip also suggests us to leave 1/4 SSD space for temporary storage. Or trouble will come.
    Tips also recommend us to leave SSD for OS, and HDD for programs and data.
    If your data is OS data, then there is nothing to do.

FrankBarrera, May 4, 2022
  4. ram93 Win User

1 gb writing on ssd every time i boot up , is it normal?

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 4, 2022
Thema:

1 gb writing on ssd every time i boot up , is it normal?

1. 1 gb writing on ssd every time i boot up , is it normal? - Similar Threads - writing ssd every

2. Error booting from ssd. BIOS SAYS 1 GB SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error booting from ssd. BIOS SAYS 1 GB SSD: Hello, so i have a pc which is constantly giving me errors.The error started a year back when I had a 1tb hdd. I used to get a lot off boot errors like corrupted boot drive etc. When nothing helped I reinstalled windows 10 . After some time same problem. So I replaced it with...
  3. Error booting from ssd. BIOS SAYS 1 GB SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error booting from ssd. BIOS SAYS 1 GB SSD: Hello, so i have a pc which is constantly giving me errors.The error started a year back when I had a 1tb hdd. I used to get a lot off boot errors like corrupted boot drive etc. When nothing helped I reinstalled windows 10 . After some time same problem. So I replaced it with...
  4. Problems up grading M2 128 GB ssd to M2 1 TB ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems up grading M2 128 GB ssd to M2 1 TB ssd: All ready have Win 11 installed on a M2 128 GB ssd in computer. The computer came with Win 10 and recently upgraded to Win 11. There are a couple of program problems with the 128 GB drive so I don't want to migrate them to new drive. I downloaded a paid copy of Win 11 from...
  5. Problems up grading M2 128 GB ssd to M2 1 TB ssd

Problems up grading M2 128 GB ssd to M2 1 TB ssd: All ready have Win 11 installed on a M2 128 GB ssd in computer. The computer came with Win 10 and recently upgraded to Win 11. There are a couple of program problems with the 128 GB drive so I don't want to migrate them to new drive. I downloaded a paid copy of Win 11 from...
  6. 1 gb writing on ssd every time i boot up , is it normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 gb writing on ssd every time i boot up , is it normal?: whenever i boot up my device , it writes on ssd about 1gb data every time , only system writes this , i normally use my laptop with no downloading and when i check through hwinfo sensors it shows approx.700-800mb is written , is it okay or there is something problem...
  7. 1 gb writing on ssd every time i boot up , is it normal?

1 gb writing on ssd every time i boot up , is it normal?: whenever i boot up my device , it writes on ssd about 1gb data every time , only system writes this , i normally use my laptop with no downloading and when i check through hwinfo sensors it shows approx.700-800mb is written , is it okay or there is something problem...
  8. Why does my SSD C: randomly gain or lose 1-2 GB every time I check it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my SSD C: randomly gain or lose 1-2 GB every time I check it?: Hey guys! So I just got a new laptop with a 512 GB SSD. I'm pretty paranoid with random losing space in my SSD without my knowledge and so I routinely check it through Windows Explorer. Every time I check, I would either see having 404 GB, 403 GB, and not anymore recently...
  9. Every time I boot up...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I boot up...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/drums-and-percussian [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/egd2ot/every_time_i_boot_up/
  10. Is it Normal for Macrium to notify you at every boot up

Is it Normal for Macrium to notify you at every boot up: Is it Normal for Macrium to notify you at every boot up? [img] 82708