Windows 10: 1 How to view details of the System File Checker process 2 How to manually replace a...

Discus and support 1 How to view details of the System File Checker process 2 How to manually replace a... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Have a Win 10 Pro 64 bit Latest MS Update will not install and get error 2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JarodKnowles1, May 16, 2020.

1. 1 How to view details of the System File Checker process 2 How to manually replace a...

Hello,

Have a Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Latest MS Update will not install and get error
    2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4556799 – Error 0x800f0900

I have done all the usually troubleshoot stuff i.e., cmd as admin, run DISM then run sfc and here we have the scenario:

1 DISM /Online /Clean-up Image /RestoreHealth – and will not correct itself

Created DISM log.

I need help to read this DISM log showing repair errors.

Once we can find out what this means and then translate that to plan English so we know what line in the registry is affected.

We can then go and collect this clean DISM in the other PC I have that I upgraded to Win 10 Pro 64 bit at the same time and is in great condition.

2 sfc /scannow - and will not correct itself.

Created sfcdetail log.

I need help to read this sfcdetails showing repair errors.

Once we can find out what this means and then translate that to plan English so we know what line in the registry is affected.

We can then go and collect that clean line there are a few in the other PC I have that I upgraded to Win 10 Pro 64 bit at the same time and is in great condition.

Overview
    I am requesting this sort of advanced type of help as MS itself in an article states that good lines can be taken from a good PC which is the case here. That article is athttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system and here is the quote from this article:

“NoteYou may be able to get a known good copy of the system file from another computer that is running the same version of Windows with your computer. You may perform a System File Checker process on that computer to make sure the system file that you intend to copy is a good copy.”

This article explains how to do this, however I can use some guidance. I am able to easily follow your help if explained in steps and in layman terms.

Thank you in advance.

:)

JarodKnowles1, May 16, 2020

2. Corrupt system files

We appreciate your response and the screenshot provided. The corrupted system files that have found by the System File Checker tool must be replace with a known good copy of the file. First, you need to view the details in the CBS.Log file. You may refer
    to this article to learn how to do so. Follow the steps under "How
    to view details of the System File Checker process
    ". Once done, proceed to "How to manually replace a corrupted system file with a known good copy of the file". Check if the issue persists after completing the process.

Note: Make sure to check and replace the corrupted file/s on the CBS.Log. We'll appreciate it more if you provide us the screenshot/s of the result.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, May 16, 2020
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    System File Checker (SFC) stuck at 10% for 10 hours - Windows 10

Hi Stefanie,

This can be due to an entry in the scan that could not be repaired. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The entries posted in the scan. To check the sfcdetails.txt file, you can perform the steps posted in the
      How to view details of the System File Checker process section of this

link
    • The version of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, May 16, 2020
  4. 1 How to view details of the System File Checker process 2 How to manually replace a...

Game Error

Based on the screenshot that you've posted, SFC tool has detected that there are corrupted files. To help you resolve this issue, we suggest that you repair the corrupted files manually. Follow the steps under the How to view details of the System
    File Checker process
    section from the same article above. Then perform the following steps under
    How to manually replace a corrupted system file with a known good copy of the file section.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, May 16, 2020
Thema:

1 How to view details of the System File Checker process 2 How to manually replace a...

1. 1 How to view details of the System File Checker process 2 How to manually replace a... - Similar Threads - view details System

2. how to activate thumbnail in details view?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to activate thumbnail in details view?: Have a nice day all,I want to activate/enable to show thumbnail of ".ico" and ".png" files in details view. But I couldnt find any guide.In red area Extra large icons, Large icons, Medium icons, Small icons, Tiles, Content it show the thumbnails, but in yellow area List,...
  3. how to activate thumbnail in details view?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to activate thumbnail in details view?: Have a nice day all,I want to activate/enable to show thumbnail of ".ico" and ".png" files in details view. But I couldnt find any guide.In red area Extra large icons, Large icons, Medium icons, Small icons, Tiles, Content it show the thumbnails, but in yellow area List,...
  4. how to activate thumbnail in details view?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System file checker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System file checker: I am having trouble with a new upgrade in that occasionally the computer spontaneously re-boots and produces a blue screen, I tried to run sfc.exe /scannow from the run box but all that happens is a flash over the desktop. I suspect it is because I am not running as...
  6. Add details to files in the detail view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  7. Don't know how to Run System File checker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Don't know how to Run System File checker: I'm trying to get a video game to work on my computer and nothing seems to work. After being in contact with the games publisher support for 3 days now, they suggested to run system file checker, I don't know how to do that. I can't make sense of the Microsoft's step by step...
  8. How to scan & repair a single file using System File Checker

in Windows 10 News
    How to scan & repair a single file using System File Checker: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]While you can run the System File Checker to scan for and restore corrupt Windows system files, in this post, we will see how to run System File Checker to scan and replace or repair a single file which may [...] This post How to scan & repair a single file...
  9. system file checker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    system file checker: so my win 10 pc has found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. who knows how many. what is the best way to find and fix the corrupt files? I tried dism, but no source found. do we have good quick way of doing this? I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I have the recovery...
  10. How to replace system file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to replace system file?: I have a major problem on my desktop Win 10 Pro X64 computer. I won't go into all the detail since I'm still problem solving on my own. However, I do need help with one issue so I can continue problem solving. Part of the problem is that my mouse is not working and it...