Windows 10: "1 item indexed" even though I want to completely turn off indexing.. What is the 1 item...

Discus and support "1 item indexed" even though I want to completely turn off indexing.. What is the 1 item... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/reddit__sucks__now [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/reddit__sucks__now, Jan 21, 2021.

1. "1 item indexed" even though I want to completely turn off indexing.. What is the 1 item...

/u/reddit__sucks__now, Jan 21, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Indexing & number of items indexed. Is this normal ?

Hi, not sure what you're experiencing.
    What appears odd in your video is that opening and closing a file appears to cause the number of items indexed to increment.
    That should not be so.

Hazarding a guess, I'd suggest it's something to do with having changed the defaults related to 'User' in Indexing options. You could be indexing temporary files unnecessarily.

Compare:

"1 item indexed" even though I want to completely turn off indexing.. What is the 1 item... [​IMG]

I would suggest you need to reset your Indexing Options to default and rebuild the index.

The first of these is NOT obvious. Try
    http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/re...-fix-problems/

dalchina, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Mooly Win User

@dalchina I have rebuilt the index in the past and it makes no difference. Indexing is at the default settings you get with a 100% clean install. I haven't altered anything. Same on previous installation, all at default settings.

This is what happened last time I rebuilt the index and this is typical behaviour on my set up.

Code:
    There is a massive initial jump in items indexed which I attribute to a program I use that has several thousand very small files of look up data. Once its all settled down though I see the constant incrementing each time I open a file. I also noticed it do this with .jpgs

I'm currently on 23108 items indexed.

Mooly, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Mooly Win User

"1 item indexed" even though I want to completely turn off indexing.. What is the 1 item...

It is 1803. Indexing still going on even though it says complete. Edit... it changed from complete to indexing as I took the screenshot

I can tell from task manager when it will be completed as normally CPU will idle at just 1% or so.

"1 item indexed" even though I want to completely turn off indexing.. What is the 1 item... [​IMG]

Mooly, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

"1 item indexed" even though I want to completely turn off indexing.. What is the 1 item...

1. "1 item indexed" even though I want to completely turn off indexing.. What is the 1 item... - Similar Threads - item indexed though

2. Narrator is speaking whenever I copy an item, even though it is turned off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Narrator is speaking whenever I copy an item, even though it is turned off.: I am plagued by narrator speaking whenever I copy an item, including in Word, Excel, File Explorer, audio files. I have turned narrator off in the accessibility settings, but it makes no difference....
  3. Narrator is speaking whenever I copy an item, even though it is turned off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Narrator is speaking whenever I copy an item, even though it is turned off.: I am plagued by narrator speaking whenever I copy an item, including in Word, Excel, File Explorer, audio files. I have turned narrator off in the accessibility settings, but it makes no difference....
  4. Narrator is speaking whenever I copy an item, even though it is turned off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Moving 1 Item, 0% complete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving 1 Item, 0% complete: Hi, internet. Its my first time posting here and I do NOT plan to do so in the near future. See, the problem is that I want to transfer some files from one folder to another, and only today it so happens that this error, "Moving <number> items from dir to dir " and it simply...
  6. Moving 1 Item, 0% complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving 1 Item, 0% complete: Hi, internet. Its my first time posting here and I do NOT plan to do so in the near future. See, the problem is that I want to transfer some files from one folder to another, and only today it so happens that this error, "Moving <number> items from dir to dir " and it simply...
  7. Moving 1 Item, 0% complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Searching Index was turned off. Index Service missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching Index was turned off. Index Service missing.: Good day!I have no idea why but my "Searching Index was turned off". When I try entering advanced settings, it says index is not running. I am not able to click anything else other than Advanced. In advanced, I also cannot press nothing other than rebuild index. I have tried...
  9. 0 items indexed

in Windows 10 Support
    0 items indexed: Allow me to preface this by stating that I have found several similar if not identical issues on this website as well as others. In an effort to help one another reach a solution to this apparently common problem, I thought it best to post the following: I too am having...
  10. Indexing & number of items indexed. Is this normal ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Indexing & number of items indexed. Is this normal ?: On all versions of W10 I notice that my number of indexed files grows daily by anything up to a few hundred. If I rebuild the index then the number of files indexed files falls dramatically as can be seen here. I have a suspicion it could be caused by a particular program...