Windows 10: 1 keyboard 2 computers

Discus and support 1 keyboard 2 computers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Usage: Dual pc stream, 2 pc's, 2 keyboards, 1 connected to stream pc, and 1 "connected" to both stream and gaming pc somehow, to add a keyboard overlay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PolisP, Oct 16, 2019.

1. PolisP Win User

1 keyboard 2 computers

Usage: Dual pc stream, 2 pc's, 2 keyboards, 1 connected to stream pc, and 1 "connected" to both stream and gaming pc somehow, to add a keyboard overlay on my stream with Nohboard, I need the streaming pc to be able to capture my keypresses

:)

PolisP, Oct 16, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 16, 2019
  3. keyboard issues

Hello Suresh,

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me assist you with this.

Please share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you try to check if the issue persist while using other keyboard?

• Are you facing the same issue with an
      on screen keyboard as well?
    Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/type-with-the-on-screen-keyboard

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method: 1

I suggest you to run hardware & devices troubleshooter.

• Press “Windows key + X” and type “troubleshooting”.

• Select “Troubleshooting”.

• Select “View all” on the top left corner.

• Click “Hardware & Sound”.

• Click “Hardware & devices”.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter

Method: 2

Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

1. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the
    driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 16, 2019
  4. 1 keyboard 2 computers

PS/2 keyboard not working

I thank you for your quick response. I have tried all methods suggested by you but none was helpful. Anyway thank you very much.

SanjayDalal, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

1 keyboard 2 computers

1. 1 keyboard 2 computers - Similar Threads - keyboard computers

2. "swipe" keyboard option for use with laptop computer Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "swipe" keyboard option for use with laptop computer Windows 11: HelloI struggle with arthritis and it's painful to spend all day at a traditional keyboard. I've tried one that is split in two and you have the parts at an angle, but the problem isn't the angle but pressing the keys.When I'm on my phone, I use the swipe keyboard to move my...
  3. "swipe" keyboard option for use with laptop computer Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "swipe" keyboard option for use with laptop computer Windows 11: HelloI struggle with arthritis and it's painful to spend all day at a traditional keyboard. I've tried one that is split in two and you have the parts at an angle, but the problem isn't the angle but pressing the keys.When I'm on my phone, I use the swipe keyboard to move my...
  4. Keyboard doesnt start up with the computer on start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard doesnt start up with the computer on start up.: My keyboard doesnt turn on when my PC does. It does work fine when it comes from sleep mode instead of a full restart.When i unplug the USB to reconnect it often gives me a connect sound and then a disconnect sound. i retry this with different USB ports until it works.My...
  5. Keyboard doesnt start up with the computer on start up.

Keyboard doesnt start up with the computer on start up.: My keyboard doesnt turn on when my PC does. It does work fine when it comes from sleep mode instead of a full restart.When i unplug the USB to reconnect it often gives me a connect sound and then a disconnect sound. i retry this with different USB ports until it works.My...
  6. Microsoft Wireless USB Keyboard/Mouse Dongle Still Prevents Computer from Sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless USB Keyboard/Mouse Dongle Still Prevents Computer from Sleeping: In reference to this thread Microsoft wireless 4000 mouse prevents auto sleep in Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Community, I can confirm that it still happens with all latest updates with the Sculpt Ergonomic Comfort.I spent a lot of time to figure out because there was no problem...
  7. Microsoft Wireless USB Keyboard/Mouse Dongle Still Prevents Computer from Sleeping

Microsoft Wireless USB Keyboard/Mouse Dongle Still Prevents Computer from Sleeping: In reference to this thread Microsoft wireless 4000 mouse prevents auto sleep in Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Community, I can confirm that it still happens with all latest updates with the Sculpt Ergonomic Comfort.I spent a lot of time to figure out because there was no problem...
  8. My computer lenovo ideaped flex 5. My touch screen works, but main keyboard doesnt work....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer lenovo ideaped flex 5. My touch screen works, but main keyboard doesnt work....: My computer lenovo ideaped flex 5. My touch screen works, but main keyboard doesnt work. How can i fix it? Sometimes it works and then not. I restarted and it didnt help. No more update also....
  9. My computer lenovo ideaped flex 5. My touch screen works, but main keyboard doesnt work....

My computer lenovo ideaped flex 5. My touch screen works, but main keyboard doesnt work....: My computer lenovo ideaped flex 5. My touch screen works, but main keyboard doesnt work. How can i fix it? Sometimes it works and then not. I restarted and it didnt help. No more update also....
  10. How to fix computer keyboard that intermittently stops working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix computer keyboard that intermittently stops working?: I have a new computer 4 mos. old and on several occasions, the keyboard locks up and I am unable to type/edit/delete, etc. What is causing this to occur? At first I thought it was due to network issues but then if I use two different computers side by side on the same site, I...