Windows 10: 1 laptop to play games and develop: how to keep it clean and performant?

Discus and support 1 laptop to play games and develop: how to keep it clean and performant? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I recently bought a new laptop and I am going to use this device both to play games (and daily stuff) and to develop. Now the thing is, setting up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fcu423, Nov 17, 2019.

1. /u/Fcu423 Win User

1 laptop to play games and develop: how to keep it clean and performant?

So I recently bought a new laptop and I am going to use this device both to play games (and daily stuff) and to develop.

Now the thing is, setting up the complete environment in the machine can have an impact on its overall performance as Visual Studio, SQL Server and other dev tools can be quite heavy (resource demanding).

To avoid this in the past, I used to have a VirtualBox image with another Windows where I would install everything but... It is expensive to get a new license for the dev machine and:

I just want to check if there are other ways in which this can be achieved more efficiently 1 laptop to play games and develop: how to keep it clean and performant? :)

Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/Fcu423
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fcu423, Nov 17, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

3. Window 10 will not let me play my games....

Hi Alissa,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to play games in Windows 10 as they crashes and freezes, we will help you to resolve this issue.

• Please be informed if you are able to see any error message/ notification.

I suggest you to perform clean boot and check if it helps.

Step 1: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer to "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

For any further gaming issue, I suggest you to refer to the link:
    For Help with Gaming Issues

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 17, 2019
  4. 1 laptop to play games and develop: how to keep it clean and performant?

BSOD when trying to play online game

Hi,

To better assist you with this concern, kindly answer the following:

• Is this happening on one game only?
    • Is this the first time you encountered this issue? If so, any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform a
    clean boot
    on the computer. Once done, try to play the game again and check if you will still experience the same issue.

Keep us posted.

Desiree Yau, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

1 laptop to play games and develop: how to keep it clean and performant?

1. 1 laptop to play games and develop: how to keep it clean and performant? - Similar Threads - laptop play games

2. How to perform a clean boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to perform a clean boot?: How do I perform a clean boot state, what does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot/945abdd8-02ad-4e7c-be6f-1cce41fd8601
  3. How to perform a clean boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to perform a clean boot?: How do I perform a clean boot state, what does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot/945abdd8-02ad-4e7c-be6f-1cce41fd8601
  4. How to perform a clean install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to perform a clean install?: Over the past several months, I have been performing a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on my Dell OptiPlex 3070, but it doesn't seem to completely uninstall then install Windows, as the problems never go away. First it was Media Player, which has 2 different issues....
  5. How to perform a clean install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to perform a clean install?: Over the past several months, I have been performing a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on my Dell OptiPlex 3070, but it doesn't seem to completely uninstall then install Windows, as the problems never go away. First it was Media Player, which has 2 different issues....
  6. How to perform a clean install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How is Gaming Software Developed?

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How is Gaming Software Developed?: So, you’re a gamer who spends hours upon hours playing your favorite games every week. Your day only feels complete if you’ve managed to snatch away a few minutes to fight your way out of an ambush, learn a new magic skill like developing gaming software, plant a new crop, or...
  8. Laptop keeps locking when playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps locking when playing a game.: Every time i try to play a game with my laptop and an external monitor my computer keeps locking and going into sleep mode, I have my display settings to only show on my external monitor and It only locks when playing a demanding game. My graphic drivers are up to date.NVIDIA...
  9. Gaming Laptop Performance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gaming Laptop Performance: I've been using my new gaming laptop for about a month and suddenly the performance of it went downhill when i tried playing games now. It used to instantly load things and now it takes time to even load a single click. I don't know why or how this is happening. could this be...
  10. How to keep laptop at High Performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to keep laptop at High Performance: I'm using Power4Gear High Performance and have noticed only now when I unplug the power cord, it slips into Power Saving. I've gone into Power Options, Processor Power Management and put both on 100%. Also I have put Maximum Power State both to 100%. Still, when I unplug...