Windows 10: 1 Laptop with 2 Disk with One session each

Discus and support 1 Laptop with 2 Disk with One session each in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I have a laptop with one SSD and one HDD.I have installed windows 10 on the first disk SSD and created a session for "User A" with a password.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anonymously Anonymous Man, Sep 30, 2021.

1. 1 Laptop with 2 Disk with One session each

Hello,I have a laptop with one SSD and one HDD.I have installed windows 10 on the first disk SSD and created a session for "User A" with a password.I have installed windows 10 on the second disk and created a session for "User B" with a password.Then, I noticed that "User B" has access to all of "User A"'s file.How do I block the access from one to the other and vice-versa ?I thought that the password for "User A" would be asked when "User B" tries to access it, but it didn't.Is BitLocker Drive Encryption the solution to what I am asking for ?Thank you for reading, and your help.

:)

Anonymously Anonymous Man, Sep 30, 2021
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 30, 2021
  4. jfkjax Win User

1 Laptop with 2 Disk with One session each

Win10 laptop w/laptop display (no others) labeled 2, can't change to 1

alphanumeric and Helmut, Thank you for your replies.

1. The drivers were installed when Windows 10 was installed. There was nothing on the laptop prior to installing Windows 10.
    2. I don't have another display to try attaching as suggested.
    3. Not sure if it's always been like this or not. I just started looking at the configuration settings a week or so ago.
    4. To check hardware status, I've run a bunch of Lenovo tests and update checks. Nothing found.
    5. I did the Device Manager suggestion. 2 PnP monitors listed ... clicked "Show Hidden devices" ... found 2 more PnP monitors for a total of 4 ... uninstalled all 4 ... restarted ... same situation. Results: Device Manager now only lists 2 PnP monitors total (no hidden monitors) even though the only monitor is the laptop built-in monitor, but no change on the designation of laptop monitor being number "2" monitor.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. Not sure why it is like this. Might be something like Win10 compatibility, old hardware, or similar.

I've taken enough of your time on this. I can live with it as it is. Might decide to upgrade to a new and current laptop, or just proceed as is. Anyway, your responses are greatly appreciated!

jfkjax, Sep 30, 2021
Thema:

1 Laptop with 2 Disk with One session each

1. 1 Laptop with 2 Disk with One session each - Similar Threads - Laptop Disk session

2. 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop: I currently have the following setup: One laptop with an additional monitor setup set to duplicate Screen. So the screen on the laptop and the screen on the monitor display the same image.I want to make it so that, With additional keyboards and mice, Make one user work on the...
  3. 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop: I currently have the following setup: One laptop with an additional monitor setup set to duplicate Screen. So the screen on the laptop and the screen on the monitor display the same image.I want to make it so that, With additional keyboards and mice, Make one user work on the...
  4. Sharing 1 folder data to 2 different users in one laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing 1 folder data to 2 different users in one laptop: Hello, I create a New user in my laptop because of some privacy. So there is lots of family functions photos and videos in my old user. How I can add or share only selected folders pic&vids in my new user so anyone can see all of these without login in my old user,...
  5. Sharing 1 folder data to 2 different users in one laptop

Sharing 1 folder data to 2 different users in one laptop: Hello, I create a New user in my laptop because of some privacy. So there is lots of family functions photos and videos in my old user. How I can add or share only selected folders pic&vids in my new user so anyone can see all of these without login in my old user,...
  6. Installing windows on 2 different disk in 1 Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows on 2 different disk in 1 Laptop?: Currenlty i have windows installed on disk C SSD and i also have disk D HDD both are not partitioned, i wish to install another windows 10 on disk D, my Laptop is pre installed with windows 10, will it works ? will it be activated ? will my data on disk D gone?im planning to...
  7. Installing windows on 2 different disk in 1 Laptop?

Installing windows on 2 different disk in 1 Laptop?: Currenlty i have windows installed on disk C SSD and i also have disk D HDD both are not partitioned, i wish to install another windows 10 on disk D, my Laptop is pre installed with windows 10, will it works ? will it be activated ? will my data on disk D gone?im planning to...
  8. Installing windows on 2 different disk in 1 Laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. 1 SSD showing 2 "disks"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 SSD showing 2 "disks": I only have 1, 250 GB SSD on my laptop. After installing then uninstalling Linux, I now have DISK 0 and DISK 1, DISK 0 is around 13.5 GB's. How do I remove DISK 0 and reclaim the space to DISK 1.. Here is an image from "Disk Manager".. I have also created a virtual HDD in...
  10. Combining Disk 1 and 2 on windows disk management?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Combining Disk 1 and 2 on windows disk management?: Hello guys i wanted to see if there was a way i could combine my two ssd drives into 1 disk.. it originally came with only 1tb of hhd and 1tb of ssd... i had an issue with the system32 and sent it to geeksquad for repairs, when i got it back i had 4 disks, 500gb ssd x2, and...