Windows 10: 1. login> desktop unavailable 2. maybe multiple desktops & users

Discus and support 1. login> desktop unavailable 2. maybe multiple desktops & users in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, i have more than one issue but think they are related hence one thread. 1st i cant access my desktop anymore, see error , it gives me a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gabrielsmit, Aug 29, 2015.

1. 1. login> desktop unavailable 2. maybe multiple desktops & users

hi,

i have more than one issue but think they are related hence one thread.

1st i cant access my desktop anymore, see error , it gives me a clean desktop with a recycle bin.

the 2nd shot is the desktop files in system32 which somehow indicates i have more than one desktop - which should not be, shot three are their paths.

the above might be related to the fact that i see two users on the startup screen, see shot 4, the code signin procedure of both was slightly different but both take the same code and enter the welcome screen. they also both lead me to the error in image one.

i tried a system restore to fix the issue but it did not work, see last shot.

a win10 recovery usb i have on hand did also not help to set things right.

mention must be made of the following.
    win10 is on new ssd, c:
    win10 was upgraded from win7 on old c:, now f: with media creation tool - the same usb was used to install win10 on the new ssd, now c:
    although i installed win10 on the ssd with all drives unplugged, after plugging the other drives back in it somehow picked up the old win7
    in order to move data to another hdd from f: prior to formatting it i took ownership of the windows and windows.old folders.
    just before this mess i ran an exe, see last image, which is on f:\windows.old\users\gabriel\appdata\local\local\logos4, it downloaded about 600mb and ran the program which is a bona fide application containing books. i cant see were it is located on the computer and it is not on my old desktop.

so there we have it, maybe multiple users with multiple desktops
    please help!
    regards
    in Christ
    gabriel

:)

gabrielsmit, Aug 29, 2015

2. My computer randomly freezes or BSOD's

There was 1 bsod and when debugged it did not indicate a definitive misbehaving driver.

Copy and paste this whole command into administrative command prompt:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery
    /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg
    export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP
    GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

It will place multiple files on the desktop.

Use one drive to post share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

questions_, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Multiple Blue screens with windows 10, also kernal 41 error (63)

1) Uninstall all drivers installed from websites that offer driver update services as you don't know what you are getting.

2) Always use computer manufacturer websites for drivers as they have been tailored to the computer environment.

3) If computer manufacturer drivers are unavailable then use component manufacturer websites.

4) Again to reduce the incidence of BSOD only use drivers from either the computer manufacturer or the component manufacturer.

5) This is an administrative command prompt command to generate files on the destop.

It will collect: Msinfo32, dxdiag, drivers, hosts, installed, uninstalled, event viewer, mini dumps, etc.

Copy the whole command and paste into administrative command prompt.

When the files appear on the desktop use one drive to post into the thread for troubleshooting.

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery
    /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg
    export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP
    GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

questions_, Aug 29, 2015
  4. 1. login> desktop unavailable 2. maybe multiple desktops & users

UPDATE!
    please ignore the desktop not displayed issue, this was my own stupidity. a sata cable to e: was loose.

the other issues, re the multiple desktop references in system32 and duplication of user names still persist but i can sort of live with them - but the desktop with its icons... non-negotiable 1. login> desktop unavailable 2. maybe multiple desktops & users :)

gabrielsmit, Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

1. login> desktop unavailable 2. maybe multiple desktops & users

1. 1. login> desktop unavailable 2. maybe multiple desktops & users - Similar Threads - login> desktop unavailable

2. Desktop 1 + Desktop 2 taskbar setting issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop 1 + Desktop 2 taskbar setting issue: How do i unlock this taskbar setting for swtiching between desktops with separate icons? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/overdrived_mind [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lza967/desktop_1_desktop_2_taskbar_setting_issue/
  3. Multiple Users Share same Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Users Share same Desktop: All, I have a test system that must run 24/7. These long tests cannot be interrupted by multiple users logging in at begging of shifts. Currently the testers use the same login and password. We need to identify which user is on the system. Is there a way for multiple...
  4. Multiple Users One Desktop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multiple Users One Desktop?: Hello, can I share my desktop with several users at the same time? and have 2 or 3 friends or even more operate a PC or VM for me? If so, how and what tools are needed to make it reasonably safe ;) Mehrere Benutzer Ein Desktop?
  5. Desktop Logins As New User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Logins As New User: Have an issue where my desktop logins act like we're a new user. All document / file directories are gone, etc. Login this morning was fine. Ran a folder scan prior to installing a new app. Encountered a "Can't open …" message for windows defender so rebooted. On logging...
  6. Desktop is unavailable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop is unavailable: So everything started with a Video Scheduler Internal error. Before that started, i turned off some stuff in task manager startups so they didnt start when i logged into my laptop, nothing important. Aftewards, i tried searching for a solution, and found that i should open...
  7. Remote Desktop - Multiple Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop - Multiple Users: I have set up my primary PC in my basement and am using a laptop to remote into it in my office. I have remote desktop set up so that I as the primary user (admin) can log in, but I would like to set up additional profiles so that my kids can log in using their profiles on...
  8. Desktop is unavailable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop is unavailable: ***Modify title from: window 10 not booting*** Hello, My windows 10 on another laptop refuses to boot properly after the last update, the desktop location is lost, none of the functions work including the windows button and there is no internet access. no files can be...
  9. Desktop unavailable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop unavailable: i recieved a a computer from a family member and when i git it powered it on just fine, and oreceeded to do a reset, went well, but upon powering back on i recieved this message (see picture) i try clicking kn windows and task bar but doesnt open, screen black....only icon is...
  10. Desktop Unavailable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop Unavailable: I restarted my Windows10 laptop to factory last night. After it finished I can signin. I have a stock wallpaper. I have a dialogue box saying something about the desktop is unavailable, and an unresponsive taskbar. What went wrong? How do I fix it (for free Ofcource). I paid...