Windows 10: 1 of 2 internal hard drives is not recognized in Fiile Explorer

Discus and support 1 of 2 internal hard drives is not recognized in Fiile Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have 2 hard drives 1 drive has only music this is the drive that is missing it does not show up in file explorer and i can not access the music at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by njnitehawk, Feb 6, 2018.

1. 1 of 2 internal hard drives is not recognized in Fiile Explorer

i have 2 hard drives 1 drive has only music
    this is the drive that is missing it does not show up in file explorer
    and i can not access the music at all
    but hard drive shows up in device manager
    what can i do

1 of 2 internal hard drives is not recognized in Fiile Explorer [​IMG]

:)

njnitehawk, Feb 6, 2018

2. blinking or flashing wall paper after boot .........operating system failure

There were boot problems and now I don't know how to view any of the information that is on the internal hard drive. I've moved the internal hard drive to other computers and none of the other computers are able to find this internal hard drive in windows
    10 professional in either disk management, device manager, or windows explorer. The bios is able to see the internal hard drive in all computers.

The information about the windows updates that is currently available is on the one drive links above or possibly a prior link.

On the notebook that I am using to write this post I viewed windows updates and clicked on updated history. There it displays four updates. The last one was on 1/24 and was KB3211320. When I clicked on uninstall an update and entered KB3211320 it indicates
    installed on 1/24. On the other computer I did not know about checking to see if it was able to be uninstalled. So it was checked only in update history and that was posted in one of the links during the troubleshooting. Would it typically or atypically
    appear in the windows updates history and not be able to be uninstalled? Would you always attempt to uninstall a windows update to see if it were installed and not rely on the windows update history?

How do you recover the files and software programs on the internal hard drive that is no longer booting to the windows log on screen? How come the internal hard drive is not being recognized in the secondary internal hard drive bay of other computers?

Intel has software named Intel Rapid Storage Technology. This had been installed on another computer and was just installed on this computer. When the internal hard drive is installed into the secondary bay of this computer it too is not found by the windows
    10 professional operating system in disk management, device manager or windows explorer. However the Intel Rapid Storage Technology finds the internal hard drive. So windows 10 professional is not finding the internal hard drive and the software from intel
    is finding the internal hard drive.

On this computer it indicates that the internal hard drive is incompatible. On another computer is had a different displayed result for the internal hard drive in the secondary bay. I contacted intel and the support technician did not know how to interpret
    the displayed results.

So I don't know what to do now as the internal hard drive files are not accessible when in the secondary internal hard drive bay. If you get an external hardware enclosure would it make it compatible? Would an external cable that allows the transfer of
    files make the incompatibility moot and allow the transfer? How would you recover the files? I guess the software programs are lost?

questions_, Feb 6, 2018
  3. Drives not recognized

I have 4 hard drives on my computer. 2 are SATA, 2 are IDE connected with PCI. Win 10 "file explorer" refuses to recognize these drives. I found them by right clicking the start button and using the old explorer. How do I make the OS recognize these important
    drives? there is not enough space on my boot drive for these stored files.

Michael BrownZZ, Feb 6, 2018
  4. 1 of 2 internal hard drives is not recognized in Fiile Explorer

Hi njnitehawk.

Right click start, left click disk management. Do the drives show there?

Likely drives don't have disk letter. C: has a drive letter and shows in explorer. Right click on drive with no letter, assign letter like G:

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 6, 2018
  5. ken

no it does not show there either
    i did that as well

njnitehawk, Feb 7, 2018
  6. lx07 Win User
    Is the one you are missing a 250GB (or so) drive?

Disk Management shows an unallocated 232GB drive on disk 0 with your C volume being on disk 1 (a 1TB drive).

Unallocated means there is nothing on it (or Windows thinks there is nothing on it anyway).

lx07, Feb 7, 2018
  7. If you think there is data please stop and report back.

Caledon Ken, Feb 7, 2018
  8. 1 of 2 internal hard drives is not recognized in Fiile Explorer

yes it is the 250gb it has music on it

njnitehawk, Feb 7, 2018
  9. Is the music backed up somewhere else?

Caledon Ken, Feb 7, 2018
  10. jumanji Win User
    When was the last time you were able to access the 250GB internal drive ?

OK, now download, install and run the trial version of GetDataBack Simple and scan the drive.
    Data Recovery Software Products - Runtime Software Products

Check and see whether you can see all your files. ( No need to buy a license right now. This is only to check whether the File System is in order. )

A note on your Windows Disk Management Screenshot. When you post a screenshot take a snapshot of only the relevant Window. We need not see any background such as your desktop. That background does not carry any information relevant to the problem. A full screenshot of Windows Disk Management Window will make it easily readable.

jumanji, Feb 7, 2018
  11. no i never back up that HD

it is about 2 weeks now i was not able to access the drive

i have work right now
    will work on this when i get home

and let you know what happens

thanks again

njnitehawk, Feb 7, 2018
  12. jumanji Win User
    No probs. That suits me since it is now my worktime too --- Sleep time *Biggrin

jumanji, Feb 7, 2018
  13. 1 of 2 internal hard drives is not recognized in Fiile Explorer

You have one of the best working with you now.

Caledon Ken, Feb 8, 2018
  14. i d/l getdataback simple

it shows my music as well as the whole drive

where do i go now

njnitehawk, Feb 8, 2018
  15. jumanji Win User
    It looks like the partition table of your drive got corrupted. We shall use Minitool Partition Wizard Free Edition v 9.1 scan and find the partitions.

Download, install and run MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition v 9.1 from here. MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 10.2.2 Download for Windows / Old Versions / FileHorse.com ( Download the old version 9.1 only and not any later version 10.x or 10.x.x. That is why I am directing you to the old versions page)

Run Partition Recovery Wizard.On the left Pane click on Partition RecoveryWizard > Next > Select your Drive > Next > Full Disk > Next > QuickScan > Next. Allow the quick scan to complete. At the end of the quickscan you will get a window showing all the found partitions. Post a screenshot of it ( only that Window. No need of any background).After you have taken the screenshot click on Cancel button on that Window and close PW. You can run it again after I examine it and tell you what further to do.

jumanji, Feb 9, 2018
Thema:

1 of 2 internal hard drives is not recognized in Fiile Explorer

1. 1 of 2 internal hard drives is not recognized in Fiile Explorer - Similar Threads - internal hard drives

2. Internal hard drive recognized but not showing any accessible space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal hard drive recognized but not showing any accessible space: I have 2 internal hard drives that ive been using for years, one 1Tb hard drive and a 4tb hard drive. I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my 4 tb hard due to a mother board upgrade and had no other choice but to format both drives. After reinstalling windows my second hard...
  3. Internal hard drive recognized but not showing any accessible space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal hard drive recognized but not showing any accessible space: I have 2 internal hard drives that ive been using for years, one 1Tb hard drive and a 4tb hard drive. I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my 4 tb hard due to a mother board upgrade and had no other choice but to format both drives. After reinstalling windows my second hard...
  4. Internal hard drive recognized but not showing any accessible space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internal Hard Drive Disappear From Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Hard Drive Disappear From Explorer: My D: drive is gone from explorer!I Try to transfer very large files from my D: Drive and Explorer becomes unresponsive and after that my hard drive disappeared....
  6. Internal Hard Drive Disappear From Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Hard Drive Disappear From Explorer: My D: drive is gone from explorer!I Try to transfer very large files from my D: Drive and Explorer becomes unresponsive and after that my hard drive disappeared....
  7. 2 of 3 internal hard drives are not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 of 3 internal hard drives are not showing up in file explorer: I did a windows reset and now my SSD shows up, but my 2 hard drives do not. After looking around the forums I see the initialize and add a letter to the hard drives solutions, but those are not available options in the disk management window. When I right click on either...
  8. Internal Hard Drive

Internal Hard Drive: I have an internal hard drive i got from my day that came out of his desk top. It has a lot of data on it i want to recover and put onto an external dar drive. I can see the drive when i run diskmgmt but cannot right click on it or browse files. I get this error with it "was...
  9. Windows Explore not recognizing External Hard Drive

Windows Explore not recognizing External Hard Drive: So my old computer broke a while back. I've successfully accessed this hard drive before on both of my other computers (Surface 3 and hp pavilion). Today I wanted to see if I had anymore data left that I wanted to move from the drive. I use a sata drive adapter (same one I've...
  10. RAID 1 Recognized as 2 Hard Drives

RAID 1 Recognized as 2 Hard Drives: My custom build is now about a year old. Whe n I first set it up, I configured hardware RAID 1 and the fresh windows install worked perfect. Now after a few upgrades the drives are not seen as a RAID anymore but 1 separate drives. Funny thing is when I mounted on a...