Windows 10: 1 of 2 new monitors not full screen

Discus and support 1 of 2 new monitors not full screen in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a gigabyte MB with on-board graphics, 1 vga and 1 DVI as outputs. I have 2 new asus monitors with 1 vga input and 2 hdmi inputs. The vga... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by meebers, Jan 4, 2016.

1. meebers Win User

1 of 2 new monitors not full screen

I have a gigabyte MB with on-board graphics, 1 vga and 1 DVI as outputs.

I have 2 new asus monitors with 1 vga input and 2 hdmi inputs.

The vga to vga connection to monitor 1 produces full screen on 1920x1080 (recommended)

Asus furnished a cable DVI to HDMI. This connection (monitor 2) leaves about 1/2 inch blank space on either side and about 1/4 inch top and bottom. 1920x1080 (recommended). 1280x1024 setting fills the screen, but display looks stretched.

Any suggestions appreciated.

:)

meebers, Jan 4, 2016
  2. SteveTH69 Win User

Use of Dual Monitors in Windows 10

I use my laptop for Monitor 1 and a 70" tv for Monitor 2. I want to use Monitor one for set-up and Monitor 2 only for the audience to see. When I hit "full-screen" on a music program, I want it to open only in Monitor 2 as full-screen.

Microsoft PowerPoint has this option called Presenter View. This allows you to project the full-screen slide show to one monitor while viewing a special "speaker view" on another monitor.

Any suggestions?

SteveTH69, Jan 4, 2016
  3. Balupg Win User
    Application window start positions in multiple display set up messed up

Well....

After I set the scale and layout setting to 100% for monitor 1 (laptop screen), things started behaving correctly in Monitor 2 (also set at 100% from the beginning).

Now I am left with a 13" screen with full HD and no way to increase the font size.

Balupg, Jan 4, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Easiest way would be to use OSD controls on monitor itself to stretch screen to desired sizes so it fills whole screen. It will remember settings even without power and when it's switched off.

CountMike, Jan 4, 2016
  5. meebers Win User
    Does not appear to have any controls to "stretch" the video. I know this seems backwards, but the vga side is crystal clear, the DVI side is undersized and has horrible graphics especially text. Did the clear text adjustment no better. If I lower the resolution to say 1280x1024, the screen is full. Raise the resolution and the sides/top cave in. Tomorrow, will switch the monitors to eliminate that possible problem, then will switch the Asus factory cable (DVI to HDMI) to another hdmi cable with adapter to further isolate the problem. Asus drivers were D/L from Asus. Tx (VN248H)

meebers, Jan 5, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Check frequencies too. My 2 newer monitors also have automatic settings on them.

CountMike, Jan 5, 2016
  7. meebers Win User
    The VGA connection does an auto setup when first starting, DVI nothing. According to the ASUS menu on the monitors, both were are 67hz. 1920x1080. Swapped physical cables and connections, no change. Moved the DVI to HDMI monitor over to my W7 machine and was full screen as it should be. So I think I will order a graphics card and not use the on board graphics. Tx for response...

meebers, Jan 6, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

That's a funny system combination you got there, AMD processor with Nvidia IGPU, may I know exact models of processor and MB ?

CountMike, Jan 6, 2016
  9. meebers Win User
    Sorry for the confusion had some W7 leftover specs, now updated

meebers, Jan 7, 2016
  10. CountMike New Member
    Ah, that's better. Looks like your in for some good graphic card, those integrated are seriously under powered comparing to discrete ones of same series.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 1 of 2 new monitors not full screen - Similar Threads - monitors full screen

2. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  3. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  4. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Second monitor -- duplicate screen 1 and 2

Second monitor -- duplicate screen 1 and 2: I have a new HP Pavilion laptop. In the display settings, I cannot select monitor 1 or 2 -- it only says "1/2." My second monitor shows a duplicate of the laptop screen, but I need to be able to teach with Zoom and see slides on one screen and participants on another.Thank...
  6. full screen on monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    full screen on monitors: I just wanted to know if I go full screen on only one monitor, will the rest of the monitors go full screen or just that one monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-screen-on-monitors/843d1f74-42f5-4527-806c-beecfb893c76
  7. Setting monitor 2 as monitor 1

Setting monitor 2 as monitor 1: Hello, I've recently got a two monitor setup on my Windows 10. I want to set my main monitor 144hz as monitor 1. Currently it is displayed as monitor 2. Is there a way to switch these monitors? I've set my 144hz monitor as my main display in the display settings....
  8. multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2

multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2: When I go to Settings and Display, my multiple monitors show "1/2" instead of 1 and 2. I think you can change this by right clicking on the clock/date on the bottom right, but I don't know which to select when I get there. Help?...
  9. 1 monitors 2 printers

1 monitors 2 printers: how do I get my screen and printouts to show black properly as black not grey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1-monitors-2-printers/7971484a-14b1-4a85-a6e0-f047d86915b8
  10. 2 desktops, 2 taskbars, 1 monitor, full screen mode for each desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 desktops, 2 taskbars, 1 monitor, full screen mode for each desktop: I have a 27" monitor i've taught to stand on end. it is now displaying in reverse portrait mode. 1080x1920. I've seen all the various screen splitting programs inside and out of windows 10. None do as I need. I want this single monitor to behave as two separate monitors....